Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Biden calls his shot
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 826

Biden calls his shot

May 22, 2020, 9:22 AM

https://twitter.com/TrumpJew/status/1263810546727555073

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Biden calls his shot

May 22, 2020, 9:29 AM

He's got to hang in there long enough to make at least one debate.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2020, 9:55 AM

Why his handlers ever let him speak in public is a mystery to me.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2020, 10:12 AM

This isn't about Biden.

I think anybody moderately informed and with a set of eyes could have told you Joe Biden was a mediocre-at-best candidate even 20 years ago, and now he's pushing 80 and sometimes seems to get confused enough to just randomly wander into traffic.

Biden isn't running on what he is, though. He's running on what he is not, which is Not Trump. Lovely the choices our binary system is presenting us with.

Because at the end of the day it is not about Joe Biden at all. Trying to obliterate Poppa Joe is kind of pointless at the moment because Trump is the one trying to hold serve.

The real issue isn't Joe Biden, it's Trump's massive 55% disapproval rate. At some point pummeling away on Poppa Joe - who, let's face it, is indeed a big inflatable Bozo the Clown doll it's fairly easy to knock around the room - isn't going to get it done, Trump has to sell himself. He can't worry about the opponent, he has to find a way to convince more than 42% of America he is doing a good job.

How does he do that, when he's playing to his base and only his base, and doing his very best to belittle, "trigger", and "troll" anyone who is not part of his base, and the numbers say he does not have the votes?

Instead the Party of Trump instead gleefully emulates their orange-tinted leader and antagonizes anyone who does not share their points of view. Remind me again how that builds up the voting bloc again?

Or maybe I'm confused about how elections work.

Where is this influx of new support that will get Trump re-elected going to come from again?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The problem's he's more Trump than Trump-haters will admit.

May 22, 2020, 11:58 AM

He is an an old white male who is quick to temper when challenged, has questionable past from a corruption perspective and a questionable past in his treatment of women. He is prone to make outrageous comments.

I maintain that, as November approaches and people really look at the two choices, the lack of enthusiasm for Biden will show through. There's no value in voting for him...unless he knocks it out of the park with his VP pick, which I think most will acknowledge is highly unlikely.

Just my opinion.

null

Re: The problem's he's more Trump than Trump-haters will admit.

May 22, 2020, 1:04 PM

I will argue with none of that...but dude, have you really taken a look at how that applies by a factor of 10 or so by Trump?

Trump is just 3.5 years younger than Biden, and more than a few people have commented he's not nearly as sharp as he once was, and have openly speculated if he has creeping dementia or not. One English professor noted his effective vocabulary had shrunk by more than 65% since the 1990's.

Trump's short temper, combativeness, and surliness are extreme. He blows up at reporters and storms out of interviews, especially when challenged by women. He seems particularly prone to going off on women of color and then doubling down by making racist comments, which might not be a big deal to you, but has left women of color I know seething.

Biden's "past of corruption" is more institutional than personal. There's no doubt there's a bad nepotistic look to having Hunter Biden profit off his dad's name and involve himself in a Ukrainian oil business, but that pales in comparison to the nepotism shown by the Trump administration, where his daughter and son-in-law frequently overrule even the White House chief of staff and openly involve the Trump Organization in hundreds of international and even official government interests...the list of conflicts of interest and potential outright instances of corruption are too numerous to be listed here. And Trump's history is replete with bankruptcies, loan defaults, and a truly staggering number of lawsuits. And we haven't even gotten a look at the taxes he repeatedly promised to reveal during the 2016 election and is now even trying to get the Supreme Court to block yet. That one isn't even remotely close.

Trump's own "treatment of women" makes Biden's clearly-too-handsy approach to women look tame. He's been accused of sexual misconduct or outright rape by no less than 23 different women. He's on tape saying "I just grab them by the @#%#^" and somehow people ignore the outright confession. His former personal lawyer is now in jail for payoffs to a former Playboy centerfold and a former adult movie star. He's on his third wife and clearly cheated like a dog even on his last one. Again, most of this isn't even in debate and it's by orders of magnitude greater than anything Biden was accused of.

I agree, in normal times, Biden's conduct would get a lot more scrutiny, but the unwillingness of the GOP or conservative media to hold Donald Trump to any kind of account for his own misdeeds means there is just no way they can turn around and accuse Biden of his penny-ante misdeeds with anything resembling a straight face...though of course they're going to try. But it leaves folks outside the conservative media bubble going: "Seriously?"

I am no Joe Biden fan, in case you didn't notice. But he's an old-time business politician of no particular substance, ideology, or principle. No question, he'll likely make a very weak president and I'll hold my breath right up until election night hoping he doesn't find a way to step on a rake and faceplant before the finish line, because I think he's more than capable of that level of stupid.

The problem is, Donald Trump manages to make him look like a saint in comparison.

We don’t disagree. But it’s still a big problem.

May 22, 2020, 2:14 PM

Trump-haters point to his questionable dealings, his reported womanizing, his brashness and his idiotic statements and say “This cannot represent us!” I get it. But then, what are they poised to nominate? A Man of impeccable integrity, eloquence and intelligence who will represent the country with pride and dignity? No...a man who forces those who support the Democrats to defend him by pointing to the idea that perhaps he’s corrupt, a womanizer, degrading in faculties and quick to temper also, but less than Trump. That’s just not a winner. That’s not going to get people to the voting booth.

Lots of time between now and November but that’s my take today.

null

Re: We don’t disagree. But it’s still a big problem.

May 22, 2020, 4:21 PM

Maybe. The mid-terms indicate that Trump himself is what's going to get people to the voting booth.

Turnout in the 2018 elections was super-heavy...and it did not go well for the GOP, who lost the House. Now GOP strategists have conceded the Senate is very much in play and Trump is trailing Biden by 5-8 points minimum, and most projections have Biden winning 310+ electoral votes.

Yes, Hillary Clinton was ahead similarly throughout. But the under-the-hood stuff suggests that the hidden trends are actually in Biden's favor this time around, not Trump's. And there was a deep reservoir of antipathy towards Hillary that the DNC simply seemed blind to throughout; I never could understand it. Despite how bad I personally loathed the Donald, I myself sat out the 2016 election because I simply couldn't stomach voting for Hillary Clinton.

I just personally feel I can't afford to do that again in 2020, no matter how little I care for Joe Biden. And I know a lot of folks who feel the same.

For good or for bad, Donald Trump has roused people away from apathy.

Re: We don’t disagree. But it’s still a big problem.

May 22, 2020, 4:35 PM

Thats a pretty rational way of putting it. I think the whole Hillary deal was put together to get her to concede to Obama in 2008. The whole Sec.of State thing was just a platform to show she had foreign policy chops for a 2016 run. Bill was still pretty popular in among the Dems so they saw an opportunity to shove her down everyone's throat.

I think the powers that be that in the DNC just thought they could 'coronate' her into the presidency, regardless of the baggage she carried.

In 2016 I wrote in John Kasich.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hint:

May 22, 2020, 2:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Biden calls his shot ]

https://twitter.com/RealCandaceO/status/1263835991430889472?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1263835991430889472&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitchy.com%2Fsamj-3930%2F2020%2F05%2F22%2Fyou-view-black-people-as-trained-chimpanzees-candace-owens-comes-out-swinging-over-you-aint-black-absolutely-levels-biden%2F

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think Biden will make the ticket come Convention

May 22, 2020, 4:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Biden calls his shot ]

time, whatever that format entails. Dem party establishment has the opportunity to pretty much hand pick a choice if they want considering Biden will not have accumulated 1st ballot votes with so many canceled primaries, and he just might have enough sense to know it himself. Politicians, though. Geez.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He is so senile it isn't funny anymore.***

May 22, 2020, 11:35 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can’t believe we have to go another election with two awful candidates.***

May 22, 2020, 12:08 PM

i have to say i thought he said i'm gonna be joe biden

May 22, 2020, 2:14 PM

he's still demented

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i have to say i thought he said i'm gonna be joe biden

May 22, 2020, 4:28 PM

"I'm prepared to say that I have a record of over 40 years and that I'm going to be Joe Biden".

They cut the video into a tiny sound-bite. That isn't by accident.

From "Jewish Deplorable" @trumpjew .

stunning...

May 22, 2020, 5:33 PM

Doesn’t know who he is, where he is, what day it is, what he’s running for or who is interviewing him. What could possibly go wrong if he is elected?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2020, 9:38 PM

Doesn’t know who he is, where he is, what day it is, what he’s running for or who is interviewing him. What could possibly go wrong if he is elected?

He's smart enough to put people smarter than himself in charge of critical affairs...like the virus.

that narrows it down to about 320 million***

May 22, 2020, 10:45 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One thing has become perfectly clear over the last 15 yrs.

May 23, 2020, 4:06 PM

The elite left does not care about racism they only use it as a tool to manipulate minorities. Biden said “I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man.” Soon after that he was pegged to be Obama's VP. Sure, Obama overlooked it as a gaffe. Joe has gotten away with saying racist stuff like that for decades.

The truth is that instead of really caring about racism and working toward ending it the elite left displays their wokeness by claiming pubs are racist.

Here's a little something that if Trump had said he would be facing impeachment. It also addresses the a most vicious attack on minorities, the crime bill of the early 1990s.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/07/politics/biden-1993-speech-predators/index.html

Replies: 18
| visibility 826
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic