Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How many here are South Club seat holders? Were you
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 3,394

How many here are South Club seat holders? Were you

Sep 15, 2019, 1:59 PM

suprised by the letter that IPTAY is asking for an additional "Capital" contribution. Did anyone else know they were going to do this when you originally signed up. Seems sketchy to me. They already go up on the seating cost every year even if season ticket prices do not go up.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How many here are South Club seat holders? Were you

Sep 15, 2019, 2:16 PM

Asking or demanding?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Sep 15, 2019, 2:40 PM

You are correct. They say asking but we all know what that means. It's about time to tell them to pound sand. The letter says they are going to start calling seat holders to discuss. I CAN'T wait for my call.

Sep 15, 2019, 3:36 PM [ in reply to Re: How many here are South Club seat holders? Were you ]

They are asking that you contribute or they will be demanding you move to the upper deck haha! In all seriousness they had to know. There is a line of people waiting on those seats (me included) that are willing to make the 25k pledge over 5 years. The West continues to update and increase both the pledge and the seat lease so I’m not saying it didn’t shock someone, but I do think that it shouldn’t have.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The problem is I have already made a $25,000 over 5 year

Sep 15, 2019, 7:03 PM

capital contribution. Now they are asking for another $15,000 over three years. Sounds an awful lot like they are just expecting $5000 a year from now on. In addition to a minimum of $3200 a year IPTAY contribution and in addition to $2500 a year per seat ticket cost.

Re: The problem is I have already made a $25,000 over 5 year

Sep 15, 2019, 7:53 PM

Unfortunately that’s exactly what they are asking for. I hate to further your worries but the reason they are only saying 15k over 3 is it’s probably going to increase in 3 years. The west started out much less and has kept creeping up. I’m torn on the matter. Selfishly, myself and others want the premium seating and as long as there is a line at the door the price of admission will increase. Parking included in this. The only good news is that after the girls softball field is completed the renovations on Memorial will begin. I haven’t seen exactly what they are doing but from what I have heard we can expect a new club “Hill Club”. They don’t want to destroy the view and it has been stated that upper end zone seats don’t sell so those worried about the skyline need not do so.

Message was edited by: InletTiger15

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2019, 7:18 PM

Yes, I’m really disappointed. We thought it was a one time $25,000 (payable over 5 years). We signed up for it before all the successes, and were led to believe it was a one time deal, once you paid the five $5,000 installments, you were done, except for the ticket costs, catering, etc. I think it’s a shady move on Iptay’s part.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2019, 7:46 PM

this is circa January 2015.

https://clemsontigers.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/3083678.pdf

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

do you have a contract***

Sep 15, 2019, 7:21 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2019, 7:27 PM

Is the West Zone club set up the same way? Did they get the same letter and capital request?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, the WEZ is the same as well as the suites -all going up

Sep 15, 2019, 10:20 PM

And Tigertown16 is right - Iptay misled people on this and it was clearly sold as a commitment that would be considered fulfilled after making the $25,000 payment. Fortunately for me, I got in on the Life Membership offer before they did away with it. I have four seats on the 40 that I can pass down to my son WITHOUT making a single dollar more in Iptay contributions. Will probably drop the South Club since they lied to me and just keep the four on the 40 that they can never take away and NEVER give another DIME to Clemson. I've supported Clemson very generously over the years, but I don't put up with lying.

Ouch. My 8 SC seats are going to be a bit more painful.***

Sep 15, 2019, 8:02 PM

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: Ouch. My 8 SC seats are going to be a bit more painful.***

Sep 15, 2019, 8:08 PM

Well if you need some help with 2 of them I happen to know a really cool guy that will piggy back and give you the points

If you have truly already paid $100,000 and are willing to

Sep 15, 2019, 10:24 PM [ in reply to Ouch. My 8 SC seats are going to be a bit more painful.*** ]

pay another $60,000 for the "right" to buy South Club seats then you are the poster child for having more money than brains.

By comparision, the nearby Pro teams (Atl, Car, Jax)

Sep 16, 2019, 10:31 AM

price for club seating costs FAR less than what Clemson is charging (with or without PSL costs) and for professional football vs amateur football. I have missed just a couple of Clemson home games over the last 45 years, but maybe it's time for a little losing to give the athletic department a much needed attitude adjustment.

By comparision, the nearby Pro teams (Atl, Car, Jax)

Sep 16, 2019, 10:38 AM [ in reply to If you have truly already paid $100,000 and are willing to ]

price for club seating costs FAR less than what Clemson is charging (with or without PSL costs) and for professional football vs amateur football. I have missed just a couple of Clemson home games over the last 45 years, but maybe it's time for a little losing to give the athletic department a much needed attitude adjustment.

Sep 16, 2019, 10:48 AM

Is there a separate board for rich people problems?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Sep 16, 2019, 11:35 AM

Well, no matter what level you are at, no one wants to be misled and taken advantage of.

Sep 16, 2019, 11:38 AM

True dat. If I were you, I'd call Davis and ask what they're up to.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Sep 16, 2019, 11:44 AM

Let me just say as a longtime Tiger fan with nowhere near the means of this level of giving, I really appreciate all of your contributions through the years and your ability to still find value for the gouging you are experiencing. A reckoning is coming for the greed of management in all sports and the live experience will suffer greatly. The problem is once you offend people who have gone along with “reasonable” increases, they don’t usually come back.

Sep 16, 2019, 1:10 PM

Calhoun2 - you are correct. When people feel like they have been "done dirty" they are gone. Yeah, I know someone will say, "they will replace you in a minute". Maybe. As long as they are winning at this level. But understand, things ALWAYS revert to the mean. When a 45 year attendee finds something else to do on Saturday or finds that the 60 in. big screen that shows all games and is close to the fridge - that money is gone for good.

Sep 16, 2019, 1:48 PM

Look, I’m not trying to be ugly but the “it’s time for some losing” comment got me a little bit. First of all, as sad as everyone will be when you don’t come back, I might tell you that there is a list of people willing and able to pay more to take your place. I know this, IPTAY knows this and deep down I think you know this too. It’s the way the world works and is part of the price we pay for success. I’m shocked that you would wish failure on the team so that you can hold onto seats that you may or may not be able to truly afford.

Sep 16, 2019, 2:07 PM

Thats pretty harsh. I think people have the right to be frustrated when they put in $25k capital per pair on top of another 8k per year for IPTay and seat fees. Five years ago these fees were somewhat tax deductible. Now they are not which makes a big difference.

The choice of wording was poor. No one paying this much money wants the team to lose!

Right now there is a line of people ready to take our place, but in 3-5 years when the same thing happens to them they will be just as frustrated.

Especially when IPTAY was not clear on what happened at the end of the capital period and some thought they made a lifetime (or at least a long term) capital contribution.

I wish IPTAY would just clearly say the seats cost 12k per year per pair and make it much more transparent how much money they want for the seat.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2019, 2:24 PM

It’s my understanding from my accountant that the seat lease isn’t deductible, the capital gift is. That’s why it’s broken down that way. Anyhow, TU for you for admitting that was poor wording on the losing comment.
Those seats are premium and will be for those continuing to make large annual donations. Lifetime donor stuff is a thing of the past. That’s a fact I think will take some getting used to.

InletTiger - lemmie straighten ya out on a couple points

Sep 16, 2019, 3:43 PM [ in reply to Re: How many here are South Club seat holders? Were you ]

You probably shouldn't be so sure about all the people lined up to replace long time donors. Attendance is a big problem all over the country - college and pro. It hasn't been at Clemson -yet- because we are winning at an all time (probably never to be seen again) pace. But that will change someday. And as Graham Neff in our AD will tell you the biggest competition we have is a 60 inch TV screen.

As far as not being able to afford the seats - that's not the issue - I'm just not stupid with money and as I've said, I don't appreciate being misled.

As far as your accountant - he is wrong - the IPTAY donation, the seat lease nor the capital contribution are tax deductible. Three different people in IPTAY, MY accountant and an IRS agent have told me so.

Finally, Liftime Donor stuff is not a thing of the past for me. I have my four seats on the South side 40 and will have them thru my son's lifetime - even if I never make another single contribution to IPTAY. Which they are making more and more likely.

Sep 16, 2019, 1:00 PM

South club here too. Was very disappointed to see that letter. I thought they might add some capital, but it is the same as the initial co contribution per year.

Sep 16, 2019, 1:05 PM

So one pair is going to be roughly 12k each year if you have to give at iptay level, seat/catering and this new capital. That seems crazy.

Sep 16, 2019, 1:12 PM

Correct. And that is for the seats outside the 20's. Add another $1000 for those between the 20's.

i have already exchanged emails with Davis Babb

Sep 16, 2019, 2:05 PM

On my disappointment in this decision. Got a nice canned reply back thanking me and telling me about the great economics of the seats compared with other schools. No choice but to pay up or lose the original capital gift. FYI the seats are going up to $50k per 2 seats.

Re: i have already exchanged emails with Davis Babb

Sep 16, 2019, 2:21 PM

Just to think, in 1996, I was a thousand dollar a year IPTAY member with eight season tickets in Section N for 868 dollars a year and numbered parking below the tennis courts. What will things be like in 23 more years? I have heard of inflation, but this is absurd. The shipyard closed and that chapter of my life changed forever. Is it not wonderful how good TV viewing has become.

Re: i have already exchanged emails with Davis Babb

Sep 16, 2019, 3:25 PM [ in reply to i have already exchanged emails with Davis Babb ]

On my disappointment in this decision. Got a nice canned reply back thanking me and telling me about the great economics of the seats compared with other schools. No choice but to pay up or lose the original capital gift. FYI the seats are going up to $50k per 2 seats.

Have I got a deal for you. For just $25k a season, I can offer you 2 seats on a reclining sectional sofa in a Clemson Tiger themed den (i.e. Tiger Den) with a 70" high definition TV for each Clemson Football game. Amenities include air conditioning or heat set to your desired temperature, all the free alcohol and food you can consume during the game, free parking in the driveway, and accommodations for 2 on a sleep number bed for those late evening games where you don't want to drive home.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 30
| visibility 3,394
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic