Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The offense....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

The offense....

Sep 28, 2015, 12:04 PM

Through 3 games we've played two teams we were supposed to beat and the third was on a short week, on the road, on a Thursday night conference game against a good (not great) Louisville team.

I've reserved comment on our two OCs, OL and QB (I know played last year but this is his team this year) because everyone is new but I'll be watching with great interest and anticipation this weekend. I believe ND's D is very good and this game will be a good sounding board for our offense. It's time to separate the boys from the men. I think we'll know after this weekend if we're going to be a good or great this year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're absolutely right. This is a big time measuring stick

Sep 28, 2015, 12:54 PM

game for our offense and the new OC's. Brian Van Gorder, the ND DC, is a very, very good DC. Their entire defense is experienced with veteran and senior players. This will most likely be the best defense we face all season. Only other possibility is FSU's, by the end of the year, their defense may be the best we face.

So far this year I've been completely underwhelmed by the OC's playcalling and by DW's play. I hope both get much better this Saturday night.

Amen!

Sep 28, 2015, 12:59 PM

GoTiGs..git eR done!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You're absolutely right. This is a big time measuring stick

Sep 28, 2015, 1:08 PM [ in reply to You're absolutely right. This is a big time measuring stick ]

Alltimne: Is that why they almost got beat by UVA and should have had UVA coaches doubled up on Fuller ? Apparently they just have everything so must be a fluke that they went 8-5 last season!. Comk on wake up. When you review their schedule and performance to date it is nothing ore than suspect. do you think our D gives up 276 yards in a half to Massachusetts?How about that big victory over Texas which is the worst Texas team in 50 years headed up by a clueless coach! How about GTech which lost its starting RB's, receivers and I believe center. They're a mere shrell of their team last year.
Final score tigers 45---Noter Shame 16

Re: The offense....

Sep 28, 2015, 2:26 PM

We're going to be fine. I think we are really good and it will show because they will be ready to play. Dijon will have a big day.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2015, 2:29 PM

I've waited. I watched the game from a very wet section in the north stands last night, particularly the offense. I know it was raining and conditions were less than good but I believe something is amiss with our OC situation.

The last time Dabo hired from within it did not work out. He hired Chad and things improved. When Dabe needed a new DC, he hired a very proven BV.

I know we won the game last night but I'm concerned about the O. I know ND had a very good D but some of the play calling was a little disconcerting. I'm not sure that either OC has the depth of knowledge and experience to call a great game and utilize the depth of weapons at their disposal.

Oct 4, 2015, 2:35 PM

Can't disagree. I think what we have in place is good enough to win the rest of our regular season and possible ACC championship game, but I think there is more to be desired if we want to take it to the next level.

I want to see the Offense start to take control of some games, we are fortunate to have a beast of a defense but just imagine if we could step it up a bit on offense, we would be pretty freaking hard to stop!

Doesn't take a genius to see that things have fallin off on

Oct 4, 2015, 2:45 PM [ in reply to Re: The offense.... ]

offense.

I think that Elliot and Scott are bright/hard-working young men. I mean I have no way to really know but they have earned Dabo's trust so...

Despite a meager OL, we should be producing more on offense with Watson especially. Our play calling lacks a lot of creativity and I think you're on to something with the lack of experience. I mean Chad had been coaching 25 years and despite most of it in high school he was a very good OC in college.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

clemson dominated a team with what many felt had the

Oct 4, 2015, 2:57 PM [ in reply to Re: The offense.... ]

best offensive line in college football in the run game, almost doubling them.

how many hollow promises from theChad to fulfill his smash mouth spread vision did anyone need? i <3 what coach morris did, but i was tired of the lip service.

these 2 guys you're calling out & dabo said clemson would be more run oriented & they have not disappointed.

yes, things can always be better.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic