Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The most embarrassing part of Thursday's game was
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

The most embarrassing part of Thursday's game was

Nov 8, 2014, 12:11 AM

after we went up 34-20, made Wake punt from their own endzone and took over at Wake's 40 or so. We get a 2nd and 2, which becomes a 3rd and 2 which becomes a 4th and 2 and we turn it over on downs. We stop Wake again on downs and get the ball around their 35 and end up with another short yardage situation and can't get any push from the offensive line. These plays weren't even close to being one yard gains for a first down, no measurements required, not even close. Now, I understand we weren't trying to tack on another score at that point, but I guarantee you we were trying to make a first down and kill the clock. Our line looked down right pitiful and really pathetic as they trotted off the field after both turnover on downs. It is almost unbelievable that they couldn't accidently get one yard on any of those six tries spanning the two separate drives.

I appreciate any victory, but in those last moments I was wondering to myself if we had the worst offensive line in the country, or are they just lazy to the point that they won't do it if they don't have to do it. Maybe they are doing their level best and they just aren't talented? Maybe they have a sorry position coach? I just don't see how they could be that bad. I'm not sure any quarterback replacement, Watson for Stoudt could make any difference. I understand there have been injuries and maybe that is the cause of this, but to not get one yard is one thing, but to not get it over and over and over again and not even come close, it is hard to believe. I won't even mention the 2nd and 1 at the Wake 9 early in the second half that became 3rd and 1, then 4th and 1, then turned over on downs 8 yards back.

I am pleased that the team toughed it out and won pulling away with a 34-20 score. I am pleased that they outscored Wake 34-13 from the end of the first quarter through the rest of the game. But I really have never seen anything more pitiful than that last segment after the score became 34-20.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't understand.....

Nov 8, 2014, 12:17 AM

how we could have recruited a position as poorly as the Offensive Line appears to be. I think part of the problem is that our run plays seem to take forever. Running out of the shotgun hurts us in short yardage.

That brings up another point. When we do run plays, we

Nov 8, 2014, 12:23 AM

have no slight of hand at all. It is obvious for so long where the ball is going. The quarterback is standing there with both arms fully extended and the ball out there in the direction waiting for the back to get there. I know Auburn runs a similar offense, but there handoffs look nothing like ours. You have to really look fast to see where the ball is going.

meant to say their instead of there.***

Nov 8, 2014, 12:26 AM

Re: meant to say their instead of there.***

Nov 8, 2014, 12:53 AM

All I know is we had 1000 yard backs out of the pistol, I don't know why we went back to these square one shotgun plays that caused us to go pistol in the first place.

Chad watching Gus in national championship maybe? But we don't have a 4.3 40 QB on our roster.

Don't get it.

Re: meant to say their instead of there.***

Nov 8, 2014, 12:53 AM [ in reply to meant to say their instead of there.*** ]

All I know is we had 1000 yard backs out of the pistol, I don't know why we went back to these square one shotgun plays that caused us to go pistol in the first place.

Chad watching Gus in national championship maybe? But we don't have a 4.3 40 QB on our roster.

Don't get it.

And we also have very tight splits on those short yardage

Nov 8, 2014, 1:17 AM [ in reply to I can't understand..... ]

Plays. Look at those 80's teams. They bave huge splits that helped open up running lanes

Re: The most embarrassing part of Thursday's game was

Nov 8, 2014, 12:18 AM

Unfortunately I don't believe we were trying to score and I think that is the wrong move, the pollsters can't watch every game and a 41-20 score would have looked a lot different in my opinion.

I just don't think Dabo leaves his foot on the gas long enough.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why are we worrying about the pollsters?

Nov 8, 2014, 1:29 AM

We're not a title contender so who cares what they think? Let's win out, including beating the Coots, and go down to Miami and win another Orange Bowl. That's what our season is shaping up as and the pollsters can't change a thing about that!

Exactly "Vegas".....keep winning & pick some Oranges!**

Nov 8, 2014, 1:44 AM

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why are we worrying about the pollsters?

Nov 8, 2014, 6:09 AM [ in reply to Why are we worrying about the pollsters? ]

On several radio broadcast this week I've heard several talking heads speculate that even if we win out, the Orange Bowl is not a lock because they might take Duke. Since the Playoff Committee picks which team go to the Orange this year. I'm starting to worry a bit about that possibility.

Nov 8, 2014, 6:17 AM

Duke could lose two more games. UNC and FSU in the ACC CG.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nov 8, 2014, 8:00 AM

so you are saying duke may lose two more games but you guarantee we win at gt and beat the coots here?

Nov 8, 2014, 8:08 AM

Nothing is guaranteed Cootish One , but this team isnt losing to lowly unranked opponents anymore.
GT and the Yardbirds are exactly that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

We????????***

Nov 8, 2014, 9:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Why are we worrying about the pollsters? ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's some ambiguity with worst 0-line and our record.

Nov 8, 2014, 1:18 AM

Doesn't matter how you shake it, it's almost contradictory.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Almost?***

Nov 8, 2014, 1:20 AM

If you're embarrassed by a 14 point win on the road

Nov 8, 2014, 1:25 AM

with as many injuries as we've had, then you should rethink your expectations.

Happy we won handily. Can't wait to watch ranked teams fall this weekend and move up in the polls.

Evidently you missed the Syracuse game***

Nov 8, 2014, 4:40 AM

Our O-line was really tired at that point.

Nov 8, 2014, 6:40 AM

Those guys are playing more snaps than anyone else on the field besides the QB.

Yes, I don't think we are uber talented at the O-line but we are razor thin and by the end of game they are out of gas.

Once again, they opened some holes in the 2nd half and allowed our O to have some long sustained drives. Hats off to those boys for continuing to gutt it out in the trenchs every game.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What is is about our O line you don't understand?***

Nov 8, 2014, 7:08 AM

I really do know how to spell "it." (Posting before coffee)***

Nov 8, 2014, 7:11 AM

Nov 8, 2014, 8:11 AM

You must be an idiot. But then again most coots aree

What is amazing is that about three or four times this year

Nov 8, 2014, 8:14 AM

we have run a QB sneak from our own 1/2 yard line and picked up at least a yard or two.......

This is the best statement of the day!!!!!!!!

Nov 8, 2014, 8:33 AM

Tru dat!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

But, yes. Now we have two injured QBs. A little more

Nov 8, 2014, 8:34 AM

Risky now.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Good post. I agree completely!***

Nov 8, 2014, 8:16 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2014, 8:38 AM

If you replace the word 'embarrassing' with 'disappointing' then I could agree with you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought the interception was more embarrassing than that.***

Nov 8, 2014, 8:53 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Nov 8, 2014, 8:56 AM

You were embarrassed by that? Are you f*cking serious? Grow up little boy.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic