»
Topic: Why do the coaches have to throw in something about Kelly every time they are talking about Trevor?
Replies: 6   Last Post: Sep 16, 2018, 11:21 AM by: deleted
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 6  

Why do the coaches have to throw in something about Kelly every time they are talking about Trevor?

emoji_events [5]
Posted: Sep 16, 2018, 9:59 AM

Media: "What did Trevor eat for lunch today?"

Coaches: "Well Trevor had some lasagna for lunch, but Kelly actually ate lunch today too and he had spaghetti"

link

I have noticed that as well.

[1]
Posted: Sep 16, 2018, 10:09 AM

I think the coaches truly appreciate Kelly and what he has accomplished, the time he has put in during his years in our program, and the respect his teammates have for him. And I believe that they also see that Trevor is the more skilled player and will take over as the main QB this year.

A lot of what the coaches say publicly is probably to keep Kelly engaged and involved. As they have said all along, Kelly will be needed this year, and we saw that at A&M. His presence is valuable to our team on and off the field.

I agree though, the coaches do seem to go overboard at times to talk about how great Kelly is.

2021 white level member link

Cobbox on Brad Brownell: “His only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

My take is....

Posted: Sep 16, 2018, 10:39 AM

Fans see TL's undeniable talent against these weaker teams and believe we can ride that all the way to a national championship. I do not believe it is that simple.

1) Team chemistry - kids came in with KB and he is a good QB, so making a change sans injury or terrible play will affect team chemistry.
2) Good opponents will scheme against a freshman on his first trip through the conference. KB has the experience.
3) Why the coaches always include both guys in the conversation? It is called controlling the narrative and not letting this become a controversy. It will anyway with a loss by our Tigers.
4) After much thought, the present way the QBs are being platoon is perfect. KB starts as any senior would want. TL play 3/4 series because any injury to KB he becomes the man.

Just my thoughts. GO TIGERS!!!!!

The future is here.....

[1]
Posted: Sep 16, 2018, 10:34 AM

I've noticed that as well , this is big boy football, just seems like they are going out of their way to keep him involved. The writing is on the wall, here comes the future... Go Tigers!!!

link

I saw that as well.

Posted: Sep 16, 2018, 10:42 AM

They probably just want to keep everything in perspective and they don't want to let the fan's minds run wild with assumptions. They just want to make sure we know that both QB's are competing. The hype machine for TL needs to be kept in check at the moment in their minds. I noticed the same thing too.

Also

[1]
Posted: Sep 16, 2018, 10:47 AM

Also, in the quote you are writing about, Coach Scott also stated that he wasn't sure if it was TL who threw that amazing timing deep pass to Ross. Of course he knows it was TL.

well...

Posted: Sep 16, 2018, 11:21 AM

KB has done plenty enough to deserve to play, and should remain in the conversation. The same goes for Chase Brice IMO. That guy looked solid in the few reps he got. We can win the ACC with ANY of the 3 QB's. We just need to get past BC as they might be the only true competition remaining on our way to the ACCCG.

link

Replies: 6  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: 2 Great seats in lower deck. Section Q row NN. $1050 each

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
1074 people have read this post