Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The conversation needs to change regarding our 2 QB's...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

The conversation needs to change regarding our 2 QB's...

Sep 23, 2018, 4:04 PM

Depending on how defenses are playing us, or, who has the hotter hand, we have 2 really great quarterbacks that play and will give us the best option to win. It's really as simple as that.

We don't win at Texas A&M w/out Kelly B.
We win, but it doesn't look nearly as good, at GT without TL either.

Be thankful we have them both.
Be thankful we have a great defense that we can lean on.
Be thankful we're in a position that we can bring TL along slowly as he learns the plays, the reads, the proper checks, etc.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TL still stares down his intended receiver. GT just isn't

Sep 23, 2018, 4:09 PM

good enough to do anything about it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Yep - I noticed this as well

Sep 23, 2018, 4:16 PM

especially on the Renfrow TD. Had his in his sights the entire time. A better 2ndary will eat that up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Re: Yep - I noticed this as well

Sep 23, 2018, 5:42 PM

Yep and he drilled it in the gut on the edge of the end zone while running to his left. He sux

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whaaaaaaaaaaat???

Sep 23, 2018, 10:41 PM [ in reply to Yep - I noticed this as well ]

He stayed on HR because he was open enough to fit the throw in there. And he DID! If it hadn't been there he would have checked down.

I really can't EFFING stand criticism of effing SUCCESS!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

TL did not stare down HR on that throw

Sep 24, 2018, 5:34 AM [ in reply to Yep - I noticed this as well ]

his checkdown (I believe it was Amari Rogers) was in the flat. He read the CB and waited for the CB to commit to either covering Rogers or dropping back. When the CB hesitated, TL fit the ball over his hand into the window for HR to catch.

The play was brilliant by TL...and he has the arm to make it happen.

Go back and watch the video of the play from ground level on Youtube...you will see how wrong your stare down statement was.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, you’re right

Sep 23, 2018, 4:39 PM [ in reply to TL still stares down his intended receiver. GT just isn't ]

Lawrence definitely isn’t ready. We need to redshirt him and give the #1 QB job to Kelly B, who clearly gives us the best chance to win.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, you're admitting

Sep 23, 2018, 5:14 PM

that you aren't that bright?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Not even close to what

Sep 23, 2018, 10:09 PM [ in reply to Yeah, you’re right ]

I said.

KB vs TL

Sep 24, 2018, 5:50 AM [ in reply to Yeah, you’re right ]

KB allows mediocre teams to hang around with our Tigers, but still gets the job done.

TL - leaves no doubt. You’re not in our league.

Think about it from a D Coord perspective. Would you rather stack the box to stop the run and make KB throw to beat you? Or play TL and have to cover everything?

He will probably start KB, Let TL win the game, then let KB close and run the clock out. Ideally you would give it to TL, because he has earned it, and have a package for KB where he can showcase his legs.

Re: TL still stares down his intended receiver. GT just isn't

Sep 23, 2018, 10:42 PM [ in reply to TL still stares down his intended receiver. GT just isn't ]

Outside of the throw to Renfrow I didn't see him staring receivers down. I saw him go through progressions and hit his man. You also have to remember the throw to Renfrow only had one other person on that side running a route.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well u got one guy who stares but gets away with it

Sep 23, 2018, 10:49 PM [ in reply to TL still stares down his intended receiver. GT just isn't ]

Bc he’s got a gun and one guy who has a long slow delivery with average zip. Both are not ideal but TL can learn and correct his. But KBs is not going to change but he runs a lot better. I think TL just needs to get his feet under him and get comfortable and he’ll shore up that kinda stuff but realize that was game 4 for him. That was game 18 for KB.

I respect KB, but I think that TL is at the point that......

Sep 23, 2018, 4:47 PM

he's able to lead win and that it will make more sense for the future to develop him as much as possible this season. He's shown what he can do and opposed to a freshman QB who obviously isn't ready to be the starter.

I guess to be direct about it - what's better for our team and program this season and the future?

Re: I respect KB, but I think that TL is at the point that......

Sep 23, 2018, 10:35 PM

look at it like this......we scored 5 tds (35 points) with TL out there playing only a little over 1 quarter on Saturday (we could probably have scored a 100 points against GT if he had played the whole game).........we scored 1 td (7 points) with KB playing longer than TL.......we are a totally different offense with TL out there because of his superior arm.......KB is no doubt the best athlete but TL is the superior QB........you can sugar coat it ant way you like but that is the bottom line........Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: The conversation needs to change regarding our 2 QB's...

Sep 23, 2018, 5:45 PM

Why can’t we just think of them as opening act and headliner?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I disagree with the "without KB at AnM" crowd

Sep 23, 2018, 6:12 PM

Last drive of first half:
8 plays, 53 yrds in which KB was 0-3, 1 yd rushing and a fumble on the 1. TL could have maybe scored, we go up 21-3 at the half amid never look back... That is just as plausible as "we lose without KB". We also lose by 5 without TLs td pass.....

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I disagree with the "without KB at AnM" crowd

Sep 23, 2018, 6:21 PM

That fumble is on the coaching staff bc they obviously dont practice taking snaps under center. I hate being on the one yard line and snapping it back 5 yds. A 6-4 225lb qb should be able to push it in from the 1 without a "jumbo package"

Re: I disagree with the "without KB at AnM" crowd

Sep 23, 2018, 6:51 PM

Did you hate it when we won the national championship? I thought that whole debate was settled.

Exactly

Sep 23, 2018, 6:47 PM [ in reply to I disagree with the "without KB at AnM" crowd ]

What did KB do to Win the game for Clemson? Or why would have Clemson lost if it wasn’t for KB?

I agree, that narrative is ridiculous.

Sep 23, 2018, 6:49 PM

With KB running the show, we scored a grand total of 0 points in the fourth quarter against A&M. That is when we needed them most.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I agree with your disagreement. Even the GOAT, DW4, had

Sep 28, 2018, 3:30 PM [ in reply to I disagree with the "without KB at AnM" crowd ]

halves of games when he looked bad. No one can say how A&M (or GT) would have turned out if TL had played the whole game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2018, 10:45 PM

College football is no place for politics and avoiding hurt feelings. Nick Saban knows this truth, which is why Tua is starting over a QB that has been the starter in 3 National Championships. He has the good sense to know that his teams were good enough to win in spite of having an average talent, game managing running back, playing the QB position. He finally decided the talent difference between Tua and Jalen was just too great to ignore, and we can all see how what was a fairly anemic offense that Alabama had, has now thrived. If Clemson wants to compete for the NC trophy, they will have to do the same. It is time for Clemson to unleash the beast, and make the switch to Trevor Lawrence. Clemson has an awesome defense, but not so good that they can shut down the Alabama offense...Clemson will have to outscore them, and Kelly Bryant just does not have that level of talent. Now I feel badly for both Tua and Kelly Bryant who both want to showcase their talent for the NFL scouts, but lets be honest, the NFL sees the same thing the fans do. Neither one of them are being seen as the next great QB's that are on an NFL teams wish list. They are seen for what they are...QB's that are not so horrible to cause their very talented teams to lose to extremely inferior teams. They are also not talented enough to get a victory over equal or superior opposition like Deshaun Watson did in 2016, and Trevor Lawrance has enough talent to also achieve that result. They at least have a chance to beat Alabama or UGA with Trevor Lawrence. If Clemson starts Kelly Bryant against them, they have a 0% chance of beating them in the playoffs...none...zip...zilch!!!

Sep 24, 2018, 4:17 AM

That is correct o undo. Agree all.

I like your post. But Saban waited 13 games and one half

Sep 24, 2018, 5:54 AM [ in reply to Re: The conversation needs to change regarding our 2 QB's... ]

last year before playing Tua.

So, it's not like Bama and Saban are role models in how to know who the best player is.

I disagree on TAMU statement

Sep 24, 2018, 5:32 AM

I think we could have won at TAMU with TL in.

Please for the love of God

Sep 24, 2018, 7:57 AM

have one play with TL @ QB and KB Bryant at wide out, fake screen pass to KB, who hits ETN on a wheel route. I'll double my IPTAY money next year, if you make that happen, Dabo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like I said 5 day ago, be thankful we have both.

Sep 28, 2018, 3:26 PM

oh wait,.....

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic