Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The BCS blows
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,161

The BCS blows

Nov 18, 2012, 9:06 AM

What a joke the BCS has become. An eight team playoff in which the ACC, Big 10, Big 12, Pac 12 and SEC conference champions get spots and the highest rated three at large schools take the other is the only way to decide a national champion. Here are some truthful observations:

1) Alabama lost to a 15th ranked Texas A&M team and should have fallen down to 8 or 9 in the rankings not 4.

2) A Georgia team that lost 35-7 to South Carolina (that struggled with Wofford) has no business being in the national championship discussion.

3) Oregon lost in overtime to a Stanford team ranked in the top fifteen. That closeness of that loss and the caliber of the team played is better than both Alabama and Georgia's losses so Oregon should be ranked higher than both of them despite their loss.

Again, the BCS is a fraud driven by media hype but we have known that for several years.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oregon lost in one overtime.***

Nov 18, 2012, 9:08 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgtnt_user_logo.pngbadge-ringofhonor-elswann.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah my bad but doesn't change the point.***

Nov 18, 2012, 9:11 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree. However losing in three OTs is in my mind even

Nov 18, 2012, 9:17 AM

Closer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgtnt_user_logo.pngbadge-ringofhonor-elswann.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Oregon lost in one overtime. On the most braindead

Nov 18, 2012, 10:03 AM [ in reply to Oregon lost in one overtime.*** ]

posession I've ever seen. All those weapons and you do two qb options and a thrown away on a pass most hs qbs could complete. stupid

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

disagree...

Nov 18, 2012, 9:12 AM

being a conference champ should not give an automatic bid for playoff birth.

If Miami/ GT or whoever is going to face FSU in ACC championship game beat FSU, they do not deserve to be in championship playoff.

If they allot the conference champs, then it greatly diminishes the regular season.

I actually really like the BCS. It makes what is happening the last couple weeks so much fun and puts so much emphasis on the games being played right now.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I could go with that...then you would say the Conf.

Nov 18, 2012, 9:35 AM

Champion has to be in the top 10 or 15....

I'm not so sure though what you and your fan's obsession is with the SEC. You NEVER win it or have done anything worth a crap.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree winning championship shouldn't guarantee it...

Nov 18, 2012, 9:42 AM [ in reply to disagree... ]

..but not being a champion should also eliminate you.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Re: disagree...

Nov 18, 2012, 9:52 AM [ in reply to disagree... ]

Well, if you don't do well enough in the regular season, then you don't get into the conference championship.

Only issue I have is that ANY two loss team doesn't deserve

Nov 18, 2012, 9:15 AM

To be in the mix in my mind. It shouldn't matter if you play in the NFL, two losses in this system should be counted as two losses.

Also, if you lose to a team with two losses or a team with FIVE losses, yeah you K State- you should be punished unlike these teams have been or will be.

I'm hoping that enough of the coaches will realize that they have the ultimate power over the BCS if they are willing to be more extreme with poll movement.

Meaning hammer teams who lose bad games. Enough with the "body of work" crap. If you tank it to a team with multiple losses like Bama did or lose to Baylor you should be HAMMERED in the human polls to offset the bias that clearly sits in the computers.

One caveat- if there is one undefeated team and everyone

Nov 18, 2012, 9:21 AM

Else has two losses or more then I give you that two loss teams deserve a shot. But it you were beaten TWICE?? Get out of here you got beat TWICE.

I totally agree with both of your points.***

Nov 18, 2012, 9:26 AM

Far too much emphasis is placed now on Conference

Nov 18, 2012, 9:43 AM [ in reply to One caveat- if there is one undefeated team and everyone ]

strength. Subpar SEC teams are now basing careers on it.

AMEM!! Preach on***

Nov 18, 2012, 9:39 AM

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,161
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic