Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Rewatching OSU Tigers last year, no fumble as he was being
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 2,831

Rewatching OSU Tigers last year, no fumble as he was being

Dec 27, 2020, 8:07 PM

pushed backwards out of bounds. To count as a fumble, he would have had to make progress of at least 3 steps. Herbstreit was determined that it was a fumble, but corrected by more objective announcers.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Rewatching OSU Tigers last year, no fumble as he was being

Dec 27, 2020, 8:16 PM

a clear no catch.
No tears needed from the bucknuts but they will continue to cry about it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2020, 8:26 PM

are they still crying about field's last interception?the ref's fault?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Dec 27, 2020, 8:41 PM

They had petitioned before the game for us to play with 9 players on offense and 7 while on defense - when that was turned down, they blamed everything on the zebra's, the SEC, Nickelback and ill-fitting cargo shorts!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2020, 8:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Rewatching OSU Tigers last year, no fumble as he was being ]

Well wasn't there a ref standing there screaming for Fields to throw the ball, if so, it would clearly be the refs fault;)!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2020, 8:22 PM

I prefer to admit that it was a fumble and they got robbed. It really rustles their bean bags to just come out and admit it.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It admittedly looks pretty bad in slow-mo

Dec 27, 2020, 8:42 PM

Not sure the exact technicalities of when a player possesses the ball, but it certainly looked bad during the review.

Either way, why would anyone assume they would win the game in the event the play stood? We had just come back from 16-0. I have tremendous faith we would have taken the ball right down the field and scored right afterwards.

I'm with you. I think they have a legit case to be upset, which is absolutely hilarious.

Re: It admittedly looks pretty bad in slow-mo

Dec 27, 2020, 8:50 PM

They actually should be thanking us, we saved them the embarrassment of getting torn apart by LSU.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It admittedly looks pretty bad in slow-mo

Dec 27, 2020, 8:55 PM

Dang you're on a good roll tonight T-balm. I bet you're in that bottle of smart pills aren't you!!! ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2020, 8:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Rewatching OSU Tigers last year, no fumble as he was being ]

You may be onto something there. Just agreeing with pisses them off even more!!!

Dec 27, 2020, 9:16 PM

The play should not have mattered. Our slot receiver, Amari I think, was mugged by their DB about 5 yards beyond the LOS, and flags should have filled the air. Definite defensive holding or PI, and the refs missed the obvious call that would have negated the play.

The Ross incomplete/fumble could have gone either way, and according to the rules, I think the review got it right.

In OSU's recent playoff game with Northwestern, there was a play very similar to the Ross play. The OSU receiver lost the ball, and NW pounced on it. Refs ruled it an incompletion, but nobody from OSU has complained that the refs got that call wrong.

Dec 28, 2020, 12:00 AM

Funny, but when that play happened in the NW game I thought to myself if they were thinking that was a fumble!

The ballgame was theirs for the taking with a minute left

Dec 27, 2020, 8:53 PM

They couldn’t pull it out, but it was there for them.

Everything that happened in the first 39 minutes became moot at that point.

They lost

We won.

End of story.

Re: The ballgame was theirs for the taking with a minute left

Dec 27, 2020, 8:57 PM

It was ours to win if we wanted it, and we TOOK IT!!!

Dec 27, 2020, 9:11 PM

Number 10 and 41 from the OSU secondary are both running in and waving their arms incomplete. They both thought it was an incomplete pass until the Ref ruled it a fumble.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2020, 12:02 AM

It was no fumble, but not because of a "3-step" rule. Just out of curiosity, can you show me where there is a 3-step rule in the NCAA rulebook?

Replies: 15
| visibility 2,831
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic