Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Seeing as how DJU threw for 439 yards against ND
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

Seeing as how DJU threw for 439 yards against ND

Dec 2, 2020, 11:45 AM

the last time, I wonder if Dabo has given any thought to starting him over Trevor in the ACCCG? If you think about it, it would be a smart move because DJU has already proven that he can perform at a high level against the ND defense. As an added bonus ND will spend the entire time planning for Trevor, so the move would take them completely by surprise. Then as an added bonus to the added bonus, the other playoff teams would have to spend time planning for both QBs. I know some of you doubters will try to say "but we lost that game in ND" but come on, we all know that was on the defense. I won't be surprised at all if #5 is the starter over #16. Go Tigers! Another Clemson Championship!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

If he’s healthy enough to add 135 yards rushing next time

Dec 2, 2020, 11:48 AM

then why not?

Message was edited by: NorthwestPurple®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Seeing as how DJU threw for 439 yards against ND

Dec 2, 2020, 11:56 AM

Maybe you need be the Head Man at Clemson...............

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2020, 11:57 AM

All In!

Put them both on the field at the same time.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sad emoji

Dec 2, 2020, 12:02 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Dec 2, 2020, 12:06 PM

Let's just beat the snot out of VT first. Then we can ponder the strategy for the next victim.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looking at their schedule, VT lost to something called

Dec 2, 2020, 12:12 PM

Liberty. I've never even heard of them, much less known about a football team called that. We will absolutely destroy VT.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Looking at their schedule, VT lost to something called

Dec 2, 2020, 7:52 PM

You are all over it, GWP Tiger! +1

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FOCUSED!!!

Dec 2, 2020, 1:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Seeing as how DJU threw for 439 yards against ND ]

Rulz . . . Please?!!!

Dec 2, 2020, 1:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Seeing as how DJU threw for 439 yards against ND ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Rulz . . . Please?!!!

Dec 2, 2020, 7:54 PM

This young "Vixen" is a beauty! That said, Clemson beats the stew out of ND in front of God and everybody else whose watching. That is all!

Dec 2, 2020, 12:17 PM

If DJ went for 439 against ND I have no doubt Trevor could go for 500. Trevor's instincts are better than DJs at this stage and if he had played against ND weeks ago the outcome would have been different. DJ is a beast and his time will certainly come but he is not starting ahead of Trevor end of discussion. You could have them both on the field for separate series or put DJ out at TE but Trevor is the starting QB here and he will optimize our ability to take VT to the woodshed!

You can say that, but DJ did it on the road. Last time

Dec 2, 2020, 12:30 PM

Trevor played against ND, which was on a neutral field, he only threw for 327 yards.

439 > 327

Re: You can say that, but DJ did it on the road. Last time

Dec 2, 2020, 12:33 PM

Yea but Trevor didn't have Cornell Powell as a starter or EJ Williams to throw to in that game vs Notre Dame in 2018.

Correct, he had Tee Higgins, Justyn Ross and Hunter Renfrow***

Dec 2, 2020, 12:34 PM

Re: Correct, he had Tee Higgins, Justyn Ross and Hunter Renfrow***

Dec 2, 2020, 12:38 PM

So call it a push????

I was going to say yes, but then I remembered that

Dec 2, 2020, 12:43 PM

Trevor did in fact have Cornell Powell on the team in 2018. So no, it's not a push.

Dec 2, 2020, 12:50 PM [ in reply to You can say that, but DJ did it on the road. Last time ]

GWPTiger® said:

Trevor played against ND, which was on a neutral field, he only threw for 327 yards.

439 > 327

Do you think for one minute that if we had our normal production of the running game against ND, we would have lost? This is why the big passing numbers happened. TL is so good at reading Ds that is why TE is so effective. You come up with this theory and put it out there, fine. Now let the people who are paid to make that decision do it.

If you had any idea of how much I

Dec 2, 2020, 1:03 PM

donate to IPTAY, you would know that when I suggest things like this Dabo takes me seriously.

In 2018 I told Dabo he should bench Kelly Bryant and start Trevor Lawrence, and look what happened. You're welcome.

I’ve been on the fence about upgrading my IPTAY

Dec 2, 2020, 1:09 PM

membership to the Purple level for years now. This settles it for me. Thanks.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2020, 1:22 PM [ in reply to You can say that, but DJ did it on the road. Last time ]

who won that game ?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Which game?***

Dec 2, 2020, 1:26 PM

ND vs Clemson***

Dec 2, 2020, 2:22 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

In that case, I think the answer is...both?***

Dec 2, 2020, 2:26 PM

Agree 100%...

Dec 2, 2020, 12:38 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

You guys are missing the bigger picture here

Dec 2, 2020, 12:47 PM

We need to start Hunter Helms!
He has 2 TDs on 12 attempts. Thats 1 TD per 6 attempt avg. (trevor is 1 td per 12 attempts and DJ is 1 TD per 23.2 attempts)
Hunter has a completion % of 75% (TL 70.6% DJ 67.2%)
AND! and... Every game Hunter has played in Clemson has won by and avg of 50 pts. (citadel, GA TECH and Pitt) Thats like the most amazing Stat ever!!

If we dont start Hunter i think we need to look for a new coach...whos with me

Then the coots could hire a true cheerleader.

Dec 2, 2020, 12:51 PM

I rather not take that chance.

They don't call him Heisman Hunter for nothing

Dec 2, 2020, 12:51 PM [ in reply to You guys are missing the bigger picture here ]

He would forever be a Clemson legend, like Chase Brice vs Syracuse and Cole Stoudt vs Oklahoma.

But still, DJ has proven to be the guy vs ND.

Dec 2, 2020, 12:51 PM

~JKB

WE CANNOT LEAVE THE #1 PICK ON THE BENCH

Dec 2, 2020, 1:09 PM

I think DJ should indeed start, as he's figured out ND, but I think we should explore Trevor split out wide. If Ngata and Ladson are both still out, Trevor could man the 9-man position, giving us that big body at receiver that we've missed all year. Get all of our talent on the field at once

I think that's a really smart idea.

Dec 2, 2020, 1:14 PM

Can you imagine seeing him beating a corner on vertical routes all night as DJU tosses 75 yard bombs to 16? I think it just moved a little.

You have just now earned the “pet name” of Twitch . . .

Dec 2, 2020, 2:26 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: WE CANNOT LEAVE THE #1 PICK ON THE BENCH

Dec 2, 2020, 1:16 PM [ in reply to WE CANNOT LEAVE THE #1 PICK ON THE BENCH ]

It could be wildly interesting to have both in at the same time, doing lateral passes one to the other and so on before throwing bombs downfield maybe or many other possibilities. Funny to think about.

It’s this type of creative thinking that separates us from

Dec 2, 2020, 1:21 PM [ in reply to WE CANNOT LEAVE THE #1 PICK ON THE BENCH ]

the Coots.

Woosh***

Dec 2, 2020, 1:23 PM [ in reply to WE CANNOT LEAVE THE #1 PICK ON THE BENCH ]

There's something in these hills.

Dec 2, 2020, 2:12 PM

Is this a trick? I thinking he’s just joshing around.
JK, Trevor being the type of guy would probably roll with that idea. Good strategy but I think with Skalski back, Davis and company on Defensive side, ND will score half of what they did last time. The fighting Trevors 49-ND-23

Dec 2, 2020, 2:15 PM

DJU was fantastic against ND. The next few years are going to be excellent.

The big difference in the first game was our defense. With Skalski back, Ian Book is going to be a hurting buckeroo. Add Jones and Tyler Davis to the mix and we are going to show the world who we are. Tigers by 2 TDs. turnover city

You misspelled "4 TDs" but we knew what you meant***

Dec 2, 2020, 2:17 PM

Dec 2, 2020, 2:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Seeing as how DJU threw for 439 yards against ND ]

One thing in the back of my mind. I do NOT want to play ND for a 3rd time in the Semis.

I want to beat them badly enough that they fall to # 4, but not so bad that a 4 game OSU stays in the top 4

That's why the best option may be for Clemson to

Dec 2, 2020, 2:28 PM

opt out of the ACCCG at the last minute, then ND and Clemson go into the playoffs as the 2 and 3 seed, we win by 4 TDs in the semifinals and we're off to beat Bama by 4 TDs (again).

Yes - here's what he thought: "That would be stupid."

Dec 2, 2020, 4:59 PM

So, technically, he did think about it.

Well then he needs to re-think it, because it's

Dec 2, 2020, 7:53 PM

a fantastic idea.

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic