Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So I went to pick up my framed DW SI mags... (Crazy)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 3,579

So I went to pick up my framed DW SI mags... (Crazy)

Nov 5, 2020, 7:37 PM

Went to hobby lobby to pick up my framed DW SI mags and the girl asked if I wanted the rest of my magazines... I was like, excuse me? She had freaking cut off the front covers and just framed the covers!!!

I was at a loss for words. Do yall think maybe she was a coot?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's what happens when you go the cheap route.

Dec 23, 2015, 6:35 PM

A real framing shop would have asked you about trimming the covers or framing the whole mag. Roll with and get three new mags.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

was getting it as an Xmas gift for father in law.

Dec 23, 2015, 7:03 PM

Spoke with the store manager and of course they are gonna make it right for me, so I guess all is well. And I do have other copies at the house to be framed. So really not a huge deal I guess.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's a great gift ! Merry Christmas !***

Dec 23, 2015, 7:11 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For something that was not a huge deal...

Dec 23, 2015, 7:47 PM [ in reply to was getting it as an Xmas gift for father in law. ]

you made a pretty huge deal out of it.

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

IMPORTANT - Hobby Lobby framing

Dec 23, 2015, 10:46 PM [ in reply to was getting it as an Xmas gift for father in law. ]

> Spoke with the store manager and of course they are
> gonna make it right for me, so I guess all is well.
> And I do have other copies at the house to be
> e framed. So really not a huge deal I guess.

FYI, This employee broke every rule in the book. I am sure that that it was an honest mistake, but that doesn't make it any less painful. ALL Hobby Lobby framers are supposed to have gone through a pretty rigorous training program, and part of that training includes the following.

*** zero trimmimng, cutting, applying of adhesive or other alteration of a customer's submission can be performed without written permission from the customer***.

You can imagine the problems that can occur with original art pieces and etc. Hobby Lobby generates a high percentage of their store revenue from the frame shops. THey actually are pretty well known for very good work.

At any rate , I know several folks that are involved with Hobby Lobby, and they would cringe at hearing your story. I am Very dissappointed to hear that you had a problem. It is certainly worth letting their corporate office know that the problem occurred , and that the manager IS making it right. If nothing else , it could generate an email reminder to all stores reminded them of the dangers that come with custom framimng! Here is their Customer Serevice # 1 (800) 888-0321

Painful?

Dec 23, 2015, 10:53 PM

Bro, it's a freaking magazine that cost $5.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it's not about the $5, that's pretty limited bro.***

Dec 23, 2015, 10:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Painful?

Dec 23, 2015, 11:08 PM [ in reply to Painful? ]

> Bro, it's a freaking magazine that cost $5.

Yo , Johnstone ...it has absolutely Nothing to do with the cost of the item being framed. Many people probably would like a cover cut off and framed. The problem is that was not the case here, what if it had been a signed copy? What if it had been a signed painting that was damaged by unauthorized trimming to fit a mat or frame?

It is a very big deal. The OP "could" have specified exactly what he wanted , but if he did not. It was the framer's job and responsibility to ask the questions and follow procedures.

Did you come unglued?

Dec 23, 2015, 6:46 PM

Judas....people

Re: So I went to pick up my framed DW SI mags... (Crazy)

Dec 23, 2015, 7:08 PM

Desecration!! People just have lost their minds!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You wanted to frame the whole mag?

Dec 23, 2015, 7:14 PM

Why?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You wanted to frame the whole mag?

Dec 23, 2015, 7:39 PM

yep will make it very difficult to read

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL***

Dec 23, 2015, 7:23 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I woulda just framed the cover, too.

Dec 23, 2015, 8:12 PM

Give the girl a break. Jeez man

would you cut the cover off a collectors item and frame it?

Dec 23, 2015, 8:59 PM

Never really heard of doing that. If the person I am giving the gift to ever wanted to sell them, which I hope they won't, not really the same if it's not the whole mag under glass.

I have a confession to make.

Dec 23, 2015, 9:42 PM

I have one of the SI's with a Clemson cover, and it just went on the wall in the library.

Thanks Mrs. FM.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I still have my second SI cover poster if anybody would like

Dec 23, 2015, 8:18 PM

it. It's not framed but it is a very good print none the less.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

don't listen to these dirt farmers. you wanted the magazine

Dec 23, 2015, 8:21 PM

preserved under glass for almost all of eternities.

it's not that difficult.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2015, 9:12 PM

Oh man. Thats terrible. Why cant you do it yourself? Less of trouble?

Dec 23, 2015, 9:27 PM

I had mine framed at Hobby Lobby too but my experience wasn't the same.

The entire magazine was framed with spacers to hold it in place. With matting and museum glass, the framed SI has the shadowbox look. I was very pleased with the end product ... But I knew what to expect because it was explained in detail when I placed the order.

I printed out pic of cover on pro printer at work

Dec 23, 2015, 11:00 PM

and bought a $1 frame from Dollar Tree.

Looks exactly like yours.

Cost $1.06 and about 3 minutes of my time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I printed out pic of cover on pro printer at work

Dec 23, 2015, 11:14 PM

> and bought a $1 frame from Dollar Tree.
>
> Looks exactly like yours.
>
> Cost $1.06 and about 3 minutes of my time.

I guarantee you , it does not look exactly like a well done custom framed magazine. If the OP had wanted the cover cut off his magazines he wouldnt have paid to have the magazines framed, he would have picked up a frame and done it himself.

But, I am glad you are happy with 1.06 investment. I know some guys that get mercedes emblems at the junk yard and turn their tercels into luxury cars. Same thing as having the mercedes , right?

Go Tigers

It's a $5 magazine to hang on a wall in the basement

Dec 23, 2015, 11:27 PM

not in an art gallery. Won't be handled or judged by inspectors or critics. Its a decoration, and it's debatable how classy it is whether it's in a $75 frame or a cheapo frame. Comparing it to a Mercedes or whatever makes no sense.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 3,579
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic