Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Awesome Breakdown of Front 7 Battles vs. UGA and QB Matchup
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Awesome Breakdown of Front 7 Battles vs. UGA and QB Matchup

Aug 20, 2013, 10:35 AM

I stumbled upon these articles this morning and thought they were very informed on the Front 7 Battles and the QB Matchup between Boyd and Murray. I hope you enjoy. Even though they are written from a UGA perspective they appear very fair.

I also threw one in about UGA fans starting to worry about their safety position.

QB Matchup Article

http://dawgs.fanternity.com/blogs/imyourhuckleberry-uga-v-clemson-qb-matchup-breakdown-2023.html

Clemson OL v. UGA Front 7

http://dawgs.fanternity.com/blogs/imyourhuckleberry-clemson-offensive-line-v-uga-front-7-2022.html

UGA OL v. Clemson Front 7

http://dawgs.fanternity.com/blogs/imyourhuckleberry-uga-offensive-line-v-clemson-front-7-2021.html

UGA Pushing Panic Button on Safeties?

http://dawgs.fanternity.com/blogs/time-to-push-panic-button-2020.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems pretty fair but I'd give us a slight edge in QB

Aug 20, 2013, 10:46 AM

Tajh, and they continually spelled his name wrong, has proven himself much more consistent against great teams and big time spot light. Murray not so much. He's actually made a reputation for not playing well against good teams, hence his Bama game being so surprising to a lot of people. Still one game does not make a trend and he didn't look all that elite against Nebraska. He still made stupid mistakes and that can't afford to make against us in DV

Re: Seems pretty fair but I'd give us a slight edge in QB

Aug 20, 2013, 10:54 AM

The difference against Bama and Nebraska was the neutral environment. Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think Murry has ever gone on the road during a big game and played well.

null

He's rarely played at home well against good teams

Aug 20, 2013, 10:56 AM

I think he's something like 4-10 or so against top 25 teams over the years. Tajh is 6-5 or 7-4 Last I checked.

then I guess the question is:

Aug 20, 2013, 12:52 PM

is Clemson's defense "good?" I think we're a very good team, but how good is our defense? Seems like it will all depend on stuffing the run with the LBs and DTs, while Beasley and Crawford collaps the pocket.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2013, 11:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Seems pretty fair but I'd give us a slight edge in QB ]

I don't think UGA has had too many tough road games. I know he has struggled against South Carolina but so has Boyd. Florida is at a neutral site every year as well as the SEC Championships.

i will never consider atlanta a nuetral site for uga. the

Aug 20, 2013, 1:02 PM

stands may be 50/50, but that is the extent of that. everything from hotels to restaurants will be in uga's favor everytime, and it is something the kids can feel.it will be that way against any other team- heck- you can include ga.tech, which is in atlanta!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2013, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Seems pretty fair but I'd give us a slight edge in QB ]

You are definitely right about Murray and stupid mistakes.

Tajh probably with the better arm and feet...

Aug 20, 2013, 12:50 PM [ in reply to Seems pretty fair but I'd give us a slight edge in QB ]

Murray with the better accuracy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

pretty good assesments, up until uga's o-line vs. our front7

Aug 20, 2013, 10:52 AM

he gives decided advantage to uga, against the strength of our defense. if they do have an advantage, it is slight at most, and i wouldn't even give them that! our d-line is very good, and our lb corp will be one of the tops in the country, mark it down!

Message was edited by: sgt tiger®

Agreed. If we can handle Lsu we can handle UGA

Aug 20, 2013, 10:58 AM

also our DL has put on weight since last year and flab doesn't equate to strength. I've seen bigger guys get manhandled by smaller guys. it's about leverage and Jarett being a former wresting player knows about leverage very well. Stay low and you control the other guy.

depends on whether or not UGA wants to be there...

Aug 20, 2013, 10:59 AM

and that depends on whether they lose or win...:)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LSU's o- line was not all that good

Aug 20, 2013, 1:03 PM [ in reply to Agreed. If we can handle Lsu we can handle UGA ]

A few guys were injured and they were starting some young'uns. Even so, I think our front seven should be serviceable, even against a very good OL and a great RB like Gurley.

They were playing those freshmen against Bama.***

Aug 20, 2013, 1:05 PM

think they also didn't give up a sack to USC***

Aug 20, 2013, 1:06 PM

That's because he forgot about Corey Crawford

Aug 20, 2013, 12:04 PM [ in reply to pretty good assesments, up until uga's o-line vs. our front7 ]

Swinney described Crawford as "unblockable" and this article doesn't even mention him! He is projected as a sixth round draft pick next year and this guy just forgot about him. Yes, Vic Beasley will be disruptive and Grady Jarret/Josh Wilson/DJ Reader will be knocking guys over, but Crawford will be just as disruptive on the other end. Advantage CLEMSON.

When I saw "unblockable," I remembered the same being

Aug 20, 2013, 12:56 PM

said about Ricky Sapp and Da'Quan. While they were both very good, it turned out it was more an issue with our OL than that they were that dominant. Da'Quan did have a monster junior year, but before that he was far from dominating.

I'm really, really hoping that Corey really is unblockable and it's not just a case of our OL can't block him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Ricky Sapp was awfully good, as I recall***

Aug 20, 2013, 1:05 PM

Awfully good, yes. Unblockable was not the case.

Aug 20, 2013, 1:07 PM

I remember how he was called that in camp and then our OL couldn't get a yard when it needed it. It was only our OL that couldn't block him, it turned out.

I'm really hoping that's not the case when Dabo calls Corey unblockable.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

that's 6th round as a sophomore who's proved nothing

Aug 20, 2013, 1:04 PM [ in reply to That's because he forgot about Corey Crawford ]

If he has a big year this year, his draft stock will rose

About the most reasonable Dawg outlook I've seen yet....

Aug 20, 2013, 11:33 AM

I'd quibble a bit about Murray's abilities in the Valley, but that would indeed be a small complain. I think his assessment of JawJaw's OL vs. our front 7 is spot-on, as is his concern that the Dawgs safeties are going to get chewed up if they don't pressure Boyd.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so you give them a decided advantage against our front 7 ?

Aug 20, 2013, 11:52 AM

as i stated earlier if they did get an advantage, it would be slight, at most,imo. now their wr's vs. our secondary, and i could agree with ya. we need to step it up it in the d-backfield in a major way, and moving young mr.blanks to safety is a step in the right direction. i also agree with your view on a.m., on the road, he's not the same qb as he is at a home, or even a neutral site, game.

I hate the made up words I hear on ESPiN but this time....

Aug 20, 2013, 12:00 PM

one particularly strange madeup word is accurate to describe our quarterback. Tajh has "escapability," and AM could be tackled by a seventy-five year old woman that has only one good arm and a broken hand.

Give AM a 50 and Tajh a 100 in this category and redo the figures.

AM throws to TE mostly. He doesn't throw downfield often and his first checkoff is always to WRs or RB in the flats. He doesn't have the balls to take the hits Tajh takes. I guess he's planning a career or something.

The linemen give AM only enough time to hit a TE coming across the middle on a timing pattern for 10 or 12 or his WRs and RB which usually get good gains after the catch. They are pretty good blocking downfield too. Think Brown's downfield blocking.

Tajh throws timing patterns which allow his WRs to get much further downfield. He should also have time to let our WRs out-distance and divide the uGAY secondary and thus thin them out a more this year.

Give AM a 79 on standing strong and delivering the killer pass and Tajh a 105. Redo the numbers and tally the final score.

I don't see this going well for uGAY at all.

I agree with the respect he seems to show for all the linemen involved in the game but he failed to address the secondarys. I can understand why he wouldn't want to talk secondary with the injuries. Ugay fans would cry.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hate the made up words I hear on ESPiN but this time....

Aug 20, 2013, 2:27 PM

Hate to say it but you are way off here. Murray had more passes thrown and completed 25+ yards down the field than anyone in the nation. Double that of Boyd. He loves to get the ball downfield so I hope our coaches aren't watching the same tape you are.

Disagree on Clemson's Oline vs UGA and Boyd vs. Murray.

Aug 20, 2013, 12:28 PM

He rates Clemson's line versus UGA's defensive front as a draw after naming all of the players that UGA must replace and basing it on the fact that we have only one to replace in Freeman. His analysis showed the Clemson advantage, yet he rates it a draw.

I would give Boyd the advantage at qb based upon his stronger arm and running ability.

I would rate our receivers with the advantage over their secondary too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, just didn't feel like typing it. +1.***

Aug 20, 2013, 12:38 PM

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic