Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
That Thursday night game in 2008 against Wake Forest changed the face of Clemson Football.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

That Thursday night game in 2008 against Wake Forest changed the face of Clemson Football.

Apr 30, 2019, 10:13 AM

Bowden was fired soon after and Clemson football became what we know it now as.

That was the bestloss in Clemson history, if you could ever say that.

Turned us into the WINNERS we are today !

Message was edited by: TigerClaw1819

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Marlborocountycoot =dgcannon39= tigerclaw1819 = u5c loser

Apr 30, 2019, 10:22 AM

u5c

Bowden

Apr 30, 2019, 10:29 AM

I think Bowden did some good things at Clemson but our team was agonizing to watch those years. We could beat some good teams but we would lose to terrible teams the next week. Bubble screen bubble screen bubble screen.

I remember my coot brother asking me my thoughts on Dabo after he was hired. I remember saying that I knew nothing about him, but if his teams won 7 or 8 games a year, beat the coots, and went to bowl games we were getting the same results for a lot less money.

I had my doubts up until 4th and 16 when I actually saw the Tigers ###### a win out of the jaws of defeat. They played their guts out. I was surprised Tajh Boyd could even walk after the game.

My coot brother laughed after the game and said the Tigers acted like they had won the national title after we beat LSU. I think we took a giant leap forward that night toward 2016.

That was my thought exactly when Catman hit that field goal.

Apr 30, 2019, 10:44 AM

FINALLY, we have turned the corner. We exorcised a lot of demons that night. Had we not won that game, it would have been another Bowden type moment, close but not cigar. That game was the cornerstone. Scratch, claw, hang around, and WIN in the end. We had to learn how to do that before we could learn how to dominate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That Thursday night game in 2006 against Wake Forest changed the face of Clemson Football.

Apr 30, 2019, 10:24 AM

That game sucked balls

those were the worst two weeks

Apr 30, 2019, 4:05 PM

That I can remember in Clemson football history. A lot of people forget we lost to maryland the week before

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coot, if you are going to try and quote Clemson football

Apr 30, 2019, 10:32 AM

history, at least get your facts right. The year was 2008. SMDH.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Citadel says hello.....********

Apr 30, 2019, 10:35 AM

We are better everywhere

Apr 30, 2019, 11:06 AM

but the DE position is where we’ve made the biggest improvements. When we were in the middle of that horrible streak against GT, it ALWAYS appeared to me that we couldn’t control the edge. We own the edge now and when we get you 3rd and long, we bring the heat.

Re: We are better everywhere

Apr 30, 2019, 11:09 AM

2008 not 2006, sorry typo.

And Clemson80Tiger,
I Am NOT a Coot

Tell em coot

Apr 30, 2019, 11:08 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can’t deny that didn’t change our

Apr 30, 2019, 11:12 AM

face on football, man .

It did. The two key games to 2008 were

Apr 30, 2019, 11:55 AM

losing to WF and beating SC. I know you wish neither would’ve happened or you might not feel the need to troll Clemson fans. You’re cool as far as I’m concerned but you’re not fooling anybody. If you troll I will talk trash. Personally I don’t have time to waste on a rival’s board. You need to find a new hobby dude.

Re: You can’t deny that didn’t change our

Apr 30, 2019, 12:28 PM [ in reply to You can’t deny that didn’t change our ]

definitely cannot deny that is when it all started from the very beginning. the genesis. So many other defining moments since then , though. But , yes, mostly all due to Dabo. Dabo and Clemson are quite the combination, ..

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL..."our"...lol***

Apr 30, 2019, 12:38 PM [ in reply to You can’t deny that didn’t change our ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Marlborocountycoot =dgcannon39= tigerclaw1819 = u5c loser

Apr 30, 2019, 12:50 PM [ in reply to You can’t deny that didn’t change our ]

u5c

4th and 16 vs. LSU

Apr 30, 2019, 12:48 PM

That play in my mind signified the "difference" we see now! We had up until then been, "bridesmaids"! That moment lead to us beating a vaunted SEC team in SEC country(a virtual home game for LSU). It propelled the program more than anything to the next level in my opinion.

The hire itself as OP pointed out can't be understated either! Which is a different category. But, if the question to what had the most impact on us being to the heights we are now - for sure that 4th and 16 to Hopkins from Boyd!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 4th and 16 vs. LSU

Apr 30, 2019, 2:54 PM

Clemson80Tiger = Broken Record Player

Re: That Thursday night game in 2008 against Wake Forest changed the face of Clemson Football.

Apr 30, 2019, 2:59 PM

And the WV 70 to get Brent Venables

My biggest take-away from this thread...

Apr 30, 2019, 3:05 PM

Didn't know s.natch was a banned word!

Re: My biggest take-away from this thread...

Apr 30, 2019, 6:45 PM

Mine is, MarlboroCountyCoot at least knows how to use the edit button.

Apr 30, 2019, 6:53 PM

Look we had to have a turning point somewhere in our history to get where we are today.

I remember that wake contest in 2008 pretty good. That was almost 11 years ago, and led to the firing of TB. If he was still here, we wouldn't be NEAR where we are today, Period.

Apr 30, 2019, 8:31 PM

Go Tigers !

Re: I think the 2008 opener vs Bama

Apr 30, 2019, 8:47 PM

was a key game. Bama (Saban's 2nd year) manhandled #8 Clemson. It was the beginning of Saban/ Bama dynasty and the beginning of the end for TB.

May 1, 2019, 9:31 PM [ in reply to Re: My biggest take-away from this thread... ]

That wake game was important but those teams in the late 2000s constantly underperformed. There were plenty of examples in the 08 season, wake being the last one. I think recruiting is the single most important aspect of college football so I’d said getting Spiller was the turning point. That opened up the pipeline to Florida and top prospects all over the nation.

Thank you Dabo and the rest of the coaching staff for bringing in #28

Apparently not

May 2, 2019, 7:08 AM [ in reply to Re: My biggest take-away from this thread... ]

You couldn’t even remember what year the game was played in coot. Unfortunately you were able to edit your OP so you can try to fool the people who are late getting in on this thread.

Message was edited by: CootSmackdown16®

I thought you hadn’t have an “r” to use edit function.***

Apr 30, 2019, 10:29 PM [ in reply to Re: My biggest take-away from this thread... ]

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Try it...***

May 1, 2019, 3:59 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have an “r” so I can’t really test it ...

May 1, 2019, 11:22 AM

I just thought being able to edit was a perk for being a paying member.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic