Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson LB's 2013
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Clemson LB's 2013

Dec 27, 2012, 4:02 PM

Will BV move Anthony outside with Shuey in the middle and Steward holding down the other side. Anthony is just not physical enough to play inside. Leave that to Shuey and Goodson. If they make these move's our LB's will be solid next year, especially with incoming recruits.

GO TIGERS!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The transfer from OK..Jones.. will man the inside next year****

Dec 27, 2012, 4:04 PM

Re: The transfer from OK..Jones.. will man the inside next year****

Dec 27, 2012, 4:05 PM

I forgot all about him. Yeah he will bring great presence on the inside. Did he Redshirt this year?

Yes he will have 3 years to play

Dec 27, 2012, 4:07 PM

Some people think he will come in and start right away as he was the best LB all through the practices this year before he got hurt.

Re: Yes he will have 3 years to play

Dec 27, 2012, 4:08 PM

I also heard someone say he was the biggest of all our linebacker's and maybe the fastest.

Dec 27, 2012, 4:09 PM [ in reply to Yes he will have 3 years to play ]

When did he get hurt? He had to sit out a year for his transfer, but I don't remember an injury.

null

I think he fractured his foot back in September....

Dec 27, 2012, 4:12 PM

maybe? I think he is already back and practicing again though.

Dec 27, 2012, 4:16 PM [ in reply to Yes he will have 3 years to play ]

Anthony-Jones-Steward
S M W

Dec 27, 2012, 4:18 PM

I think Mr. Shuey will have an objection to your line up and man one of those positions.

Dec 27, 2012, 4:19 PM

I think he could rotate in on a regular basis at either position.

shuey will have to start unless one of our 5 stars start

Dec 27, 2012, 4:31 PM

Showing a better understanding of their assignments. They look lost too often and Anthony was immediately thrown at the moment he came in against Wake. I would love for these guys to meet their expectations but it was clear that once Shuey was made a starter our enitre lb group was in better shape. For now,and from what BV has said about Jones, the starters look like Shuey,Jones, and a roation of Anthony and Steward regardless of position. I can't wait to see Boulware get some reps as well

Re: shuey will have to start unless one of our 5 stars start

Dec 27, 2012, 4:55 PM

I agree. Shuey will "shurely" (haha) get playing time and may still be a starter along with Jones. I'd expect Shuey will get subbed out though during passing downs. He is a heck of a run stopper, but doesn't have the best of wheels for obvious passing downs.

My problem is..

Dec 27, 2012, 4:23 PM

outside of Shuey and Willard, our LBs look completely LOST out there,especially Christain.
And alot of that could be....

"COACHING"

Re: My problem is..

Dec 27, 2012, 4:24 PM

Yeah Christian looks like the worst linebacker by far. I think lateek will see more PT next year as well.

Teek is lost too. I think Kellen Jones will man the inside

Dec 27, 2012, 4:41 PM

with Shuey and Anthony will move to SAM with QC. Steward will replace Tig well. Jones was a ILB recruit.

I thought Lateek would see more PT this year.

Dec 27, 2012, 4:55 PM [ in reply to Re: My problem is.. ]

I know Dabo says all of our LBs are good and can play, but that it just takes a little longer for the light to come on for some of them. Apparently we got a whole slew of them that are taking an extrordinarily long time. And did the light suddenly come on for Shuey after 3-1/2 years? That is just mind-boggling and I'm not sure I buy it.

Either we did a consistently pi$$-poor job of evaluating talent at LB over the last 4-5 years, or we did a confoundingly wretched job of developing LBs over that time.

I thought the LBs were noticeably better this year, especially with the play of Shuey, but as a unit they still have a ways to go. I too am hoping Kellen Jones is as good as he is being pumped up to be on here, and I'm hoping we have a couple of more Shuey's mysteriously emerge after an eternity in oblivion.

Either way, LB has been a real head-scratcher for some time, and I'm ready to see a return to the old days of great LBs who were good from day-one.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Every scouting service had those LB's highly rated

Dec 27, 2012, 4:59 PM

Thus, I would place the blame either on the scheme or individual coaching...or most likely both.

Same with defensive backs

Dec 27, 2012, 5:24 PM [ in reply to I thought Lateek would see more PT this year. ]

seems to be the same problem as you see and write about with the linebackers. High rated recruits who never develop?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DBs weren't as highly rated as LBs

Dec 27, 2012, 5:33 PM

that LB class with Lateek, Steward and Anthony was one of the best any school has signed in a long time. But none of them are starters two years into their careers.

It's hard to blame Steward for his injuries, but he was probably the biggest "can't miss" of the three and he's the one who's had the least impact. I look for him to really come on next year and hopelly be a starter.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DBs weren't as highly rated as LBs

Dec 27, 2012, 6:37 PM

I agree on Steward. I hope he lights it up soon. Injury bug has bitten him bad.

LOL....whats sad is...

Dec 27, 2012, 6:40 PM [ in reply to Same with defensive backs ]

and I've seen it countless times....where 2 or 3 of our players are standing near each other and NOOOO ONE from the other team is within 15 yards of them.

How about Justin Parker.........

Dec 27, 2012, 5:05 PM

what is going on with him?

Supposedly, like Townsend, Anthony, Goodson,

Dec 27, 2012, 9:57 PM

Steward, and pretty much every LB we've recruited in the last few years, the light just hasn't come on yet.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Supposedly, like Townsend, Anthony, Goodson,

Dec 27, 2012, 10:25 PM

"the light just hasn't come on yet"

we sure do hear this one a lot...

makes you wonder if the wiring is faulty

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic