Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
welp.....this is it boys
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 542

welp.....this is it boys

Aug 14, 2020, 9:20 AM

Last commute into the office today. Most of me has a sad, part of me is pumped to finally get out of here.

tl;dr: i'm being a big softie now that i'm leaving my home state.

been really thinking about the good times we've had the past 13 years since I arrived at the north ave trade school.

The music: #### me I have some fantastic memories here, and they're all ridiculously unique. First panic show was allman bros / panic at verizon. Seeing Bassnectar and Pretty Lights at some farm in the middle of nowhere tripping balls will be tough to beat. Griz and Gramatic at some abandoned warehouse btwn Tech and vine city. Drinking beers w/ Col Bruce. PGroove at Variety. String Cheese invite only after party at T-West. The memories of all the Sweetwater and Terrapin festivals. The Tabby. And, obviously, the Fox. The music scene here is unique, and there's nothing better IMO.

Georgia Tech: May sound super nerdy, but I really take for granted the influence my degree has here versus other cities. Atlanta is a logistics hub. The top firms in the industry are right here for a reason, and I'm proud to be a part of it. I wish I would've taken advantage of living here and knocked out my MBA from Tech as well. Tennessee has nothing that can compare. The value of the GA colleges is second to none. I graduated w/ < 20k in debt and have the #1 degree in my field on the planet.

The airport....talk about taking things for granted. Can literally get anywhere in the world on a direct flight.

The whole UGA / GT culture. I've hated those ####### dawgs my entire life. I love hating them. I love all my leg humping aaaaaaaaaaathins friends. I'll miss hearing how bad ### they're going to be every year, how whichever QB they got is going first round, etc. From the UTenn people I've met, it's not the same.

HS football. South GA Low Country. Boiled Peanuts. The Braves. The Masters. The Okefenokee Swamp. GA Shrimp. Cumberland. Being close to family in SC and obviously that sweet, sweet 2 hour drive to the Valley. I could obviously go on...

The city has changed, and I personally think for the worse. Maybe it hasn't and we're just now seeing it...idk. Although it's not the driver for us leaving, it definitely feels as close to the right time as it can be. There's more sadness w/ leaving the state than Atlanta itself.

We made a ton of money on our house, get to be close to Obed®, close to a lake, and outside of a metro area. There's a lot of positives for sure and hoping the next 13 years are as good as the last.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glad you're doing what's best for you, Linda.***

Aug 14, 2020, 9:22 AM

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You forgot to mention two of Georgia's greatest attributes

Aug 14, 2020, 9:27 AM

incest and meth addiction.

Tennessee might have more of that though, so congrats.

No, for real, congrats!

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it's not a race.***

Aug 14, 2020, 9:46 AM

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you think Dawg fans are obnoxious, wait until you

Aug 14, 2020, 9:33 AM

get a load of eastern Tennessee, UT fans, during football season.

They literally worship UT football.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Believe it or not, they’re finally humble.

Aug 14, 2020, 9:39 AM

Most of em anyway. I don’t even hear “this is our year” anymore in the preseason.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I married into it so been dealing w/ their ####

Aug 14, 2020, 9:46 AM [ in reply to If you think Dawg fans are obnoxious, wait until you ]

for a few years now. luckily they suck ### so ain't been an issue.

but yes, they're obnoxious.

Just leave already

Aug 14, 2020, 9:33 AM

You’ll be laughing at the music scene in ATL when you get here and once you’ve regularly flown outta BNA you’ll never look back at Hartsfield. Plus no state income tax.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, Atlanta is groovy, but Nashville is full of

Aug 14, 2020, 11:00 AM

brilliant musicians who are working as wait staff. Nashville draws musical talent the way New York and LA draw attractive aspiring actors

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i know i'm pretty biased

Aug 14, 2020, 12:14 PM

and hopefully Obed can help steer me in the right direction. Given our affinity to <=2002 panic, I think we'll have similar tastes. I do think he's about 20-25 years older than me tho lol

but spending time w/ the in-laws and all the Franklin-ites has just turned me right the #### off of Nashville music. I feel like they take great musicians and get them to spit out this poppy ########, bedazzle them up, and just make them straight up poosies.

Luke Bryan, Jason Aldean, Cole Swindell all come to mind. GA boys who sold the #### out.

Much more of a Rhett Akins fan when it comes to 'modern' country

I'm no modern country fan either...

Aug 14, 2020, 1:12 PM

but you still got Vince Gill and his backing bands playing local gigs around there. I'm pretty sure Obed will turn you onto the right places to go.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

tech?

Aug 14, 2020, 9:41 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

We left da ATL in 2002. It was unlivable by then.

Aug 14, 2020, 9:56 AM

And my last job had practically no commute by ATL standards.

Agree about the airport. And yes, the ATL is the land of riches.

Otherwise, never again.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It would haveto be the "land of riches"

Aug 14, 2020, 12:52 PM

Cause if it is, that's all its got going for it. I can't think of one redeeming, memorable thing about Atlanta, or specifically Alpharetta, that would even make me ever want to visit, much less live there.

For the money it would take me to make me live there, they can find someone a lot cheaper and better at their job then me.

I used to have to go to Alpharetta for work about 6 times a year. Alpharetta could literally be anywhere. The town as a whole could be picked up and moved to any state, and as generic and vanilla as it is, it wouldn't make any difference. It really doesn't get any blander than "Moss Creek" Or "Pine Valley" or "Oakmont" or "Hearthstone". Whats the difference in any of them? They all have McMansions on top of each other with an apartment complex thrown in front of a few of them to give the poors and divorced dads somewhere to live.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 542
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic