Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Should I be able to sue a gun manufacturer if
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Should I be able to sue a gun manufacturer if

Apr 9, 2021, 3:09 PM

I take aim at an armed bad person breaking into my home, pull the trigger, and it does not fire?

Guns are made to kill people, and the defective gun did not kill. Should I be allowed to sue the gun manufacturer?

tia

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would you be around to sue?

Apr 9, 2021, 3:10 PM

Prob not...

Maybe he bought the same gun.***

Apr 9, 2021, 3:11 PM

Re: Maybe he bought the same gun.***

Apr 11, 2021, 8:41 AM

would you two just have a duel already?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes I’m certain that’s what Biden is worried about***

Apr 9, 2021, 3:13 PM

WAP 9 go click.***

Apr 9, 2021, 3:14 PM

Sure. But you would have to prove the manufacturer had not

Apr 9, 2021, 3:15 PM

tested the gun well or knew there was a chance it might be defective.

You bought a gun to protect yourself from armed bad people - you have a reasonable right to expect it to waste said bad person.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If it's lack of proper functioning caused you bodily harm

Apr 9, 2021, 3:22 PM

pain and suffering due to no fault of your own and it had some defect of something, sure. If it functioned properly, and you killed the neighbor's drunk kid who stumbled into the wrong house, no, because the product worked as manufactured.

Might want to consider bringing in the ammo maker as well, if they had a bad round.

And guns are made to fire a bullet that kills things. Deer, all kinds of animals, including people sometimes. Cars are made to move people and goods around. Sometimes they kill people as well. If an axle breaks for no reason, design defect, causing a wreck and injury or death, you can sue the car maker. If you're drunk and hit a tree, no. If someone else was drunk and hit you, yes.

It's not that difficult.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure. That was easy***

Apr 9, 2021, 3:36 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you should the bullet manufacturer isn't at fault?

Apr 9, 2021, 3:57 PM

could be a bad primer.

Also - maybe you let the powder get wet because you did not properly store the ammunition. Or maybe there is some neglect on your part in how you have care for the gun itself... lot to review

Message was edited by: HuntClub®

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

You can sue anyone for anything.***

Apr 9, 2021, 5:51 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Correct answer, unfortunately. Doesn't mean you'll win, tho.***

Apr 11, 2021, 1:26 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic