Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sun Trust Park Nightmare..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,973

Sun Trust Park Nightmare..

May 25, 2017, 5:48 PM

Just got in from the new Braves stadium and I want to share my experience with people haven't gone or plan on going. First off...absolute beautiful park and facility...second off, better get there about 2-3 hours before the game in order to get in and deal with the parking disaster. All lots are prepaid and we had to park at North Atl High School and take a tour bus 3 miles to the stadium while sitting in traffic. It then took us another 30-40 mins to get into the stadium at the gate. There are many things to do and everything will be better once it's fully complete, but it is a logistical nightmare! Have fun!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Thanks - I might wait to go until the

May 25, 2017, 6:04 PM

team is complete.

Re: Thanks - I might wait to go until the

May 25, 2017, 6:14 PM

Hope you're no older than about 18. You'll likely be eligible for social security by the time the Braves have a contending team.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

No luck there- started Social Security over 2 years

May 26, 2017, 10:17 AM

ago so I have no immediate plans to attend a game there. Maybe I can roll in by wheelchair if they are ahead of their schedule for contending again.

Re: Thanks - I might wait to go until the

May 26, 2017, 10:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Thanks - I might wait to go until the ]

Haha 18 years old and expecting SS

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Thanks....

May 25, 2017, 6:10 PM

I'll be heading there in about another month or so.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sun Trust Park Nightmare..

May 25, 2017, 10:15 PM

Sorry you had this experience but I disagree more. I live in Atlanta and have been to several games. Weekends and week nights. Have never had the slightest logistical problems. Yes lots cost minimum $20, but there are tons of lots with open spots within close walking distance. In fact, we have never even planned a lot, we just drive to the stadium and take a lap around it until we decide to turn into one. We park and then walk. Simple as that.

As far as your troubles getting into the game, can't argue that, maybe there was some sort of hold up at your gate, but again, I have never had more than a few person wait. So others don't be discouraged. Go support the Braves with no logistical fear.

May 25, 2017, 10:18 PM

And sure some of the front row lots may be prepaid as you say but that could expected at any pro stadium. They also constructed massive pedestrian bridge systems at the major intersections for the sole purpose of helping people walk to the stadium from all the surrounding lots.

May 26, 2017, 7:03 AM

We went in April and booked a room at the Double Tree. Walked to game, definitely the way to go.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 26, 2017, 9:39 AM

I love how the braves organization was able to pay for it with local property taxes instead of their own money. brilliant.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,973
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic