Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sugar coat it all you want...the bottom line is Dabo
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 2,310

Sugar coat it all you want...the bottom line is Dabo

Dec 1, 2013, 12:49 AM

Has lost 5 straight to SCAR...I for one am missing TB right now...at least he could beat the chickens...I'm so sick of you people buying into Dabo's crap year after year as we lose to the chickens over and over

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if we could mix tommy..

Dec 1, 2013, 12:51 AM

with dabo we would have a great coach.tommy seemed to win the games we shouldnt against good teams.but lose to lesser teams.while dabo beats the lesser teams and loses to the good teams.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Greatest Scar teams ever.***

Dec 1, 2013, 12:51 AM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Greatest Scar teams ever.***

Dec 1, 2013, 12:53 AM

This SC team was very beatable. No excuse this year.

They have become relevant on Dabo's watch

Dec 1, 2013, 2:41 PM [ in reply to Greatest Scar teams ever.*** ]

passed us in fact. In part due to his inability to do anything about it on the field.

Re: Sugar coat it all you want...the bottom line is Dabo

Dec 1, 2013, 12:53 AM

TB could beat the chickens... sure. But those weren't the same chickens that Dabo's Tigers are playing year in and year out. South Carolina was a doormat when Bowden got the job at Clemson and rose to mediocrity to slightly better than mediocre in that tenure. Once Spurrier took over, the level of the South Carolina program has risen a lot.

Comparing South Carolina in Bowden's era to South Carolina now is like comparing Alabama to Mississippi State.

Yeah... ok.. this SC team that has won 17 straight at home,

Dec 1, 2013, 12:56 AM

beat Mizzou on the road and lost to GA and Tenn on the road was "beatable." Come on, we were "beatable" too and we simply made too many mistakes to win. Shaw managed the game and his offense well and we made too many mistakes to win. That's the bottom line. I don't know how "beatable" they were at home on this night. Just sayin' Not an excuse but we certainly didn't "beat" them.

Sure they were beatable

Dec 1, 2013, 1:17 PM

The point I was making is that beating South Carolina is a MUCH more difficult feat than it was 10 years ago... or even 5 years ago. They are at a completely different level now.

Exactly, VTech. I can remember distinctly sitting in Death

Dec 1, 2013, 12:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Sugar coat it all you want...the bottom line is Dabo ]

Valley in 2006 when we lost to them 31 to 28 and looking at my buddy with me and saying,"I hate to say this, but you can feel a change in the air or something." Yeah, we got them two years in a row after that, one barely, but Clemson could very easily be looking at losses in 7 of the last 8 years.

Dec 1, 2013, 1:00 AM [ in reply to Re: Sugar coat it all you want...the bottom line is Dabo ]

Can someone please explain something to me? At the beginning of the season, Sammy Watkins muffs 1 PUNT against UGA and is immediately replaced by Humphries, who after tonight, I do believe, has muffed 4 or 5 punts on the year. Why was a change not made in that thought process? And don't hand me the "We were trying to protect Sammy from injury" BS either. This was the last big game of his CU career. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that Watkins is/was a greater asset in the return game than Humphries, yet Dabo, as usual, stayed the course. Yes, there were several mistakes tonight, but Humphries fumbles were the real killers for our team, as in they came at the most inopportune times.

Wonder what stake a VT fan has in Clemson keeping Dabo...***

Dec 1, 2013, 2:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Sugar coat it all you want...the bottom line is Dabo ]

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2013, 12:58 AM

Please take a hike I beg you! We don't need you as a fan!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2013, 2:23 PM

These are the best Clemson teams fielded as well so it is quite interesting how they keep winning

I still say these facts remain true

Clemson has more talent than in anytime in history - Clemons never had top recruits at each position even in the Ford years

Clemson is winning more games than anytime in history

Clemson is ranked higher for longer than anytime in history

Clemson plays in the ACC and the players, coaches, and fans buy into the high rankings and the # of blowout wins and start believing they are something

When big games come up, the house of cards crumbles

Face it, these are better coot teams but the Tiger teams are just losing to them, we can;t say hey they are soooo good, after ripping them for losing to unranked Tenn.

They beat us up at the LOS (which last night was the 1st time in the streak that the D line was very disruptive. I say the D line has risen but the O line has gone backwards, did you see how many times TAjh was rushed or made to be out of sync. it is just like FSU, he plays badly when the other team has a D that pressures him. Once he gets rattled he loses it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo is too busy trying to turn the players ...

Dec 1, 2013, 2:35 PM

... into choirboys instead of a$$-beaters. That mentality is reflected in his recruiting as well. We've had some great players, but they are not mean. I believe this nancified youth-group atmosphere is why we miss on so many big nasty recruits.

Re: Dabo is too busy trying to turn the players ...

Dec 1, 2013, 2:38 PM

yeah because hes a good man and is more concerned about our players futures than winning every game. you guys are some douchebags and i wish we didnt pull for the same team. go somewhere else with your whining. go be a coot fan if you are so worried about that ONE game.

Dec 1, 2013, 2:38 PM

SERIOUSLY??? YOU WANT TO GO BACK TO WINNING 7 GAMES AND BEING LUCKY TO BE BOWL ELIGIBLE ONLY IF WE BEAT SOUTH CAROLINA EVERY YEAR?!?!? You are more worried about beating our rivals than winning the conference? You sound like a coot fan years ago. There is more to Clemson football than beating SCAR

Dec 1, 2013, 2:39 PM

^bump

Replies: 16
| visibility 2,310
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic