Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sucks to be Mizzou right now. What a bad spot to be in.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 64
| visibility 1

Sucks to be Mizzou right now. What a bad spot to be in.

Nov 8, 2015, 1:50 PM

You have a group of people completely convinced they are leading a civil rights movement who are holding the football program hostage. You can't really argue with the people doing this because questioning their stance would immediately label the person as racially insensitive at best...racist at worst.

We are about to see just how far the power of political correctness goes. With it being impossible to argue with these guys, how do you stop what they are doing other than giving them all of their demands? They want a University president removed because there were 3 alleged racist incidents on campus. Nobody has come out and said what they expect the President to do about it, but they are demanding he be removed.

It's a crazy, irrational situation and political correctness is going to keep anyone and everyone from honestly engaging the madness. If this type of thing spreads it could kill college football.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pull their scholarships.

Nov 8, 2015, 1:53 PM

You are given a free education and everything else needed to PLAY A GAME.

If they are so upset about the president, put in a petition.

They may be a bad spot but they got 2 more SEC Division Titles than USUC.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If the University does that then lots of people will

Nov 8, 2015, 1:55 PM

conclude that Missouri is a racist institution.

We have really reached the point where if you don't agree with a black person on race, and you are white, then you are callous to their oppression and part of the problem.

you are correct. The president must resign.***

Nov 8, 2015, 2:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If the University does that then lots of people will

Nov 8, 2015, 2:59 PM [ in reply to If the University does that then lots of people will ]

I think what you are failing to realize is that the frustration amongst the students is that the University is not doing enough to show racism should not be tolerated under ANY circumstances. Far too long people have been passive about racial...and passed off the excuse like they have done enough. 95 percent of Institutions are controlled by whites...but they don't want the accountability that comes with it when it comes to issues like these.

Coach Gary Pinkel is the person who orchestrated the

Nov 8, 2015, 4:49 PM

standoff between the players and administration. He is Jewish and was behind the Michael Sam parade.

CAPOTY

Nov 8, 2015, 4:54 PM

Crazy @ss post of the year.

Nov 8, 2015, 5:06 PM [ in reply to Re: If the University does that then lots of people will ]

It is time for race-blind college admissions. Somehow the massive preferential treatment of minorities has backfired to create a permanent victim class of students. How is it that race relations in this country were so much better 40 years ago than they are today? People used to have a sense of humor about ethnicity. PC totalitarianism has to stop.

Nov 8, 2015, 6:01 PM

Yes - things in the last ten years have gotten so much worse than 40 years earlier:

1966: Division Street Riots (Humboldt Park neighborhood, Chicago, Illinois)
1966: Hough Riots (Hough community, Cleveland, Ohio)
1966: North Omaha, Nebraska (North Omaha community, Omaha, Nebraska)
Long Hot Summer of 1967
*1967: Roxbury riots, (Boston, Massachusetts)
*1967: Tampa riots, (Tampa, Florida)
*1967: Texas Southern University Riot (Houston, Texas)
*1967: 1967 Detroit riot (Detroit, Michigan)
*1967: Buffalo riot (Buffalo, New York)
*1967: Milwaukee Riot (Milwaukee, Wisconsin)
*1967: Minneapolis North Side Riots (Minneapolis, Minnesota)
*1967: 1967 Newark riots (Newark, New Jersey)
*1967: Plainfield riots (Plainfield, New Jersey)
*1967: Cincinnati riots (Cincinnati, Ohio)
Protests of 1968
1968: Orangeburg massacre (Orangeburg, South Carolina)
1968: Nationwide riots following the assassination of Martin Luther King, Jr.
*1968: Baltimore riot of 1968 (Baltimore, Maryland)
*1968: Chicago West Side riots (Chicago, Illinois)
*1968: Louisville riots of 1968 (Louisville, Kentucky)
*1968: 1968 Washington, D.C. riots (Washington, D.C.)
*1968: 1968 Wilmington riots (Wilmington, Delaware)
1968: Glenville shootout and riot (Cleveland, Ohio)
1969: 1969 York Race Riot (York, Pennsylvania)
1970: May 11 Race Riot (Augusta, Georgia)
1970: Jackson State killings (Jackson, Mississippi)
1971: Camden riots (Camden, New Jersey)
1972-1977: Escambia High School riots (Pensacola, Florida)
1975: Chaffey High School Race Riot enhanced by local sniper (Ontario, California)

Seriously. We're winning at football. Quit showing yourselves for the idiots you are.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Protest Yes Ok, Demand Action, But If You Follow These

Nov 8, 2015, 6:20 PM [ in reply to Re: If the University does that then lots of people will ]

Idiots Mantra, Then President Obama Should Resign as Well as Everyone Between Him And The University President. Heck God Should Resign Too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only oppression now are the entitlement

Nov 8, 2015, 6:07 PM [ in reply to If the University does that then lots of people will ]

programs that keep them voting democratic

Re: Sucks to be Mizzou right now. What a bad spot to be in.

Nov 8, 2015, 1:54 PM

So it's "irrational" that they feel threatened by someone on campus drawing swastikas in feces and an administration that is not responding to the situation? They better get their black ##### back on the football field since that is what really matters. I can't imagine why they feel the way they do.

editing to add that I think there are lots of incidents of political correctness run amok. look at what is going on at Yale right now. This, however, is not one of them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What exactly do you expect the administration to do other

Nov 8, 2015, 1:57 PM

than release a public statement saying "Please refrain from doing that?"

They have no suspects for any of their crimes so what exactly can they do?

People calling them n-word while they are rehearsing a play?

Take a picture of the offender and then the president can do something?

However, I'm confused on what they are expected to do with no evidence leading back to anyone.

Re: What exactly do you expect the administration to do other

Nov 8, 2015, 2:00 PM

to begin with, appearances mean everything in a situation like this and right now appearances are that a predominantly white administration is rolling their eyes at the concerns of these students - which are valid concerns. This is not nonsense micro-aggression PC garbage. This is clear cut efforts to threaten black students. This is 2015. What percentage of college campuses do you think aren't under constant surveillance? If they aren't perhaps assurances should be made that they will be.

Notice how you are being vague with no solutions?

Nov 8, 2015, 2:02 PM

No mention of what the president is supposed to do. Or why the President should be fired for what happened.

Re: Notice how you are being vague with no solutions?

Nov 8, 2015, 2:04 PM

I'm not paid mid six figures to solve these kind of problems. The president is. He is also paid handsomely to mitigate these types of situations. He has failed to do so. Asking for his removal is not unreasonable at that point.

See? Open-ended complaining with no solution.

Nov 8, 2015, 2:05 PM

That's all that is going on here. People are mad about something and have no idea how to fix it, so they pick a figurehead and start a witchhunt with no real plan to solve anything.

Re: See? Open-ended complaining with no solution.

Nov 8, 2015, 2:23 PM

Here, five point plan conceived in under a minute to stop your circular argument.

1) Coordinate University Police with local, state, and federal authorities to determine any all possible avenues of investigation and prosecution.

2) Any and all campus surveillance from the nights in question will be released immediately for public viewing.

3) Announce that all common areas on University property will have 24 hour surveillance installed. How in god's namme this doesn't already exist in 2015 is beyond me, but fine.

4) In the interim until adequate surveillance is installed, security will be increased around all campus facilities.

5) Hate speech intended to threaten other students by any group will result in immediate expulsion.

Now - you can try and pick it apart but it's something. Again, as far as I can find, the reaction so far has been an email basically saying "the darkies get their feelings hurt when you smear #### swastikas on their walls so would consider not doing that."

What if he was doing all those things already?

Nov 8, 2015, 2:33 PM

Is it more important that he respond to an impromptu youtube interview in an acceptable way and fire off strongly worded 5 point plans to students email accounts?

How does the President even know that anyone affiliated with the school did that? How do we know that the intent of the vandalism was even racism, or just an attempt to start a social/political fire? If we put our emphasis into carefully delivered PR responses over actual investigation then what good are we doing? Do you think the President actually doesn't care about the vandalism? Do you think he thinks it's acceptable? Of course not, but don't let common sense get in the way of a self-righteous victim-hood 0rgy.

#5 is ripe for abuse btw.

I think you are lying when you quote the email

Nov 8, 2015, 2:43 PM [ in reply to Re: See? Open-ended complaining with no solution. ]

"the darkies get their feelings hurt when you smear #### swastikas on their walls so would consider not doing that."

Care to link to your proof that the President of Missouri sent that in an email?

Liberals lie, that's what they do. You are a liar. Prove me wrong.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think you are lying when you quote the email

Nov 8, 2015, 2:55 PM

your right, I'm sorry the email actually read "the kikes and the darkies get upset when you smear #### swastikas on their walls so please don't do that. I don't like when they stand in front of my car to complain about it."

this is his actual statment

Nov 8, 2015, 5:23 PM

"It is clear to all of us that change is needed, and we appreciate the thoughtfulness and passion which have gone into the sharing of concerns. My administration has been meeting around the clock and has been doing a tremendous amount of reflection on how to address these complex matters.

Clearly, we are open to listening to all sides, and are confident that we can come together to improve the student experience on our campuses. We want to find the best way to get everyone around the table and create the safe space for a meaningful conversation that promotes change. We will share next steps as soon as they are confirmed.

In conjunction with campus representatives, the university began work on a systemwide diversity and inclusion strategy, plan and metrics for the University of Missouri System as part of my strategic goals (see 1.4.i of the System Strategic Plan) as approved by the Board of Curators in summer 2015."

It's seems a bit different than what you wrote. Make up lies and then insist that somebody be fired based on those lies - so predictable

Re: this is his actual statment

Nov 8, 2015, 5:55 PM

This statement wasn't made until after the football boycott was proclaimed. The coaches are backing the players. And you need to check your meter - I never pretended that was an actual quote. I would think the even more sarcastic reply would have been a tip=off but apparently you need your hand held.

$5 says a black dude made the poopoo swastika***

Nov 8, 2015, 6:11 PM [ in reply to I think you are lying when you quote the email ]

people who judge with zero facts r the problem

Nov 8, 2015, 6:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Notice how you are being vague with no solutions? ]

and u appear to be one of those people.

Re: people who judge with zero facts r the problem

Nov 8, 2015, 6:20 PM

Since you have all the facts I hope you can fly up to Missouri ASAP since my opinion now officially corresponds with that of the Missouri Head Coach, the Missouri Athletic Director, and the Governor of the State of Missouri. But I'm sure you've come to clearer understanding of the facts and can get up there and straighten things out.

Re: What exactly do you expect the administration to do other

Nov 8, 2015, 4:18 PM [ in reply to Re: What exactly do you expect the administration to do other ]

Dum $ss

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are conflating the situation, which is the problem.

Nov 8, 2015, 1:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Sucks to be Mizzou right now. What a bad spot to be in. ]

What does the President have to do with these seemingly random acts of racism? Only one of which is confirmed.

Do we just fire presidents when a couple of nutjobs try and start racial tension?

Re: You are conflating the situation, which is the problem.

Nov 8, 2015, 2:02 PM

he has nothing to do with the incidents themselves and 100% responsibility for the reaction to them. From what I've read he basically issued a sternly worded request to stop writing hate symbols in feces.

What should he have done? Why won't anyone be specific?

Nov 8, 2015, 2:04 PM

Should he have said that Missouri sucks. The white people here are bad... they should all be sent to sensitivity training?

Seriously... what should he have done?

Re: What should he have done? Why won't anyone be specific?

Nov 8, 2015, 2:10 PM

Do you really not see a distinction between someone using questionable language and someone drawing swatiskas outside their dormitory. You're also deliberately being tone deaf to the racial background going on in that state. College is a place for students to learn to voice greievances and learn to effect change. would you rather they be setting stuff on fire and flipping cars like in Ferguson. These students are doing the right way - at least as far as when you believe the power structure is against you. I know it would be easier for us to speak in coded language if they'd just riot and loot like so many expect them to. They have every right to do what they are doing and the University has the right to pull their scholarships. Our concern for the future of Saturday entertainment should be the least of either parties concern.

What if they are wrong? Everyone assumes they are right.

Nov 8, 2015, 2:15 PM

I say they are holding a program hostage for a stupid reason. People like you will say that "racism isn't a stupid reason." And that's deflecting the issue. It's the specific demand that a president should step down, who can't possibly have any control over the incidents that took place. The whole situation is irrational. Should the campus police chief step down? Should the head coach? SHould the Board of Directors? Should the Governor?

This is mob mentality behavior. Lazy reactionary witch-hunting. You can't reason with irrational arguments.

Re: What if they are wrong? Everyone assumes they are right.

Nov 8, 2015, 2:25 PM

actually it's not. If they asked for all the things you said it would be. The football coach has nothing to do with this. So they havent asked for his dismissal. That would be irrational. The President is ultimately in charge of the University's reaction, they don't like that reaction, and they are demanding he step down. It is actually quite logical. Its you acting irrational because you're scared that somehow this is gonna send shockwaves through College Football and shut the whole thing down.

Notice you only mentioned the coach? Cherry picking.

Nov 8, 2015, 2:35 PM

There are dozens of random people that could be selected by the mob to hold accountable for the vandalism.

Re: Sucks to be Mizzou right now. What a bad spot to be in.***

Nov 8, 2015, 2:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Sucks to be Mizzou right now. What a bad spot to be in. ]

So its irrational...

Nov 8, 2015, 4:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Sucks to be Mizzou right now. What a bad spot to be in. ]

So there's graffiti terrorism going on at school. What can anyone at all do except try to catch them in the act? So the genius response is to remove the president? Pull your head out of your colon and figure out how to use your brain. Thanks for reading.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No idea what you are talking about! If you are

Nov 8, 2015, 1:56 PM

Going to make a comment like this, please include hyperlink so as to add context to what you are referring to.

It sounds like you are having a conversation with yourself.

Re: No idea what you are talking about! If you are

Nov 8, 2015, 1:58 PM

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=missouri%20football%20boycott

Screw anyone who brings a divisive topic to Clemson's...

Nov 8, 2015, 1:57 PM

best message bored.

Take that chit to the P&R bored and lose friends.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's on the front page of college football news.

Nov 8, 2015, 2:11 PM

Nobody asked you if you were interested. If you don't want to see something, then avoid it. It's already affected Clemson with the Tillman Hall thing. It's going to come back and affect us again. Keep your head in the sand if you want, but Universities all over the country are watching this in horror right now.

Nov 8, 2015, 1:58 PM

All lives matter. This particular demographic needs to stop drawing so much attention to themselves. All races have had to endure hard times throughout history.

Nov 8, 2015, 2:47 PM

The Jews had the Holocaust, Asians were detained during WW 2, and Slavery. I honestly don't know what whites have had to endure ..especially in this country?

Nov 8, 2015, 2:56 PM

Apparently the unbelieveable burden of treating those people like humans after we were no longer allowed to keep them as property.

"We?" You mean "everyone?"

Nov 8, 2015, 3:17 PM

Perspective built on ignorance isn't perspective at all.

Well that's why education helps. Ever wonder where the word

Nov 8, 2015, 3:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Sucks to be Mizzou right now. What a bad spot to be in. ]

slave comes from? Slavs... who are white. Commonly taken as property by North African slavers and reduced to slavery by non-white conquests.

Maybe if you stopped obsessing over a certain group of people at a certain time you will see there is a huge world out there where everyone has been screwed over by everyone else.

While your at it, why don't you learn something about the African Slave trade? Having strong opinions based on lack of education isn't really good for the world, in my opinion.

And everyone has had to suffer in this country. Believe it or not racism isn't the only form of suffering people go through.

Re: Well that's why education helps. Ever wonder where the word

Nov 8, 2015, 5:52 PM

dude, I'm not the one obsessing about anything. I'm not making demands. You're the one who is afraid that your entertainment is going to be scuttled if these kids get away with this protest. i just disagree with your point view. I think someone's rights are more important than my entertainment. So let's flip the scrip-t. What exactly should Missouri do? Regardless of your opinion of their motives, these students have every right in the world to do what they are doing. You are the one railing against the dangers of a group people exercising their absolute rights. So what do you think Missouri should do? Throw em out of school and field some walk-ons. That would send a stern message. That would let everyone at all the others schools know they better not get out of line. No possible subtext there.

Based on their list of demands I honestly think they should

Nov 8, 2015, 7:28 PM

be told their expectations are ridiculous. That they are creating more of a problem than they are fixing. That they are naive, and self-righteous, non-self-aware behavior will never lead them to genuine feelings of self-worth.

Their list of demands are racist. Their list of demands are an attempt to give Black people sole control of the race debate and an unfair balance of power regarding all university decisions.

They are using a series of unfortunate events that have little to do with the institution of Missouri (other than it is the canvas that some idiot vandals used) and creating a racial problem far bigger than whatever led to the graffiti.

White people will eventually get sick of all the hand holding and the double standards. I will not apologize to someone I never wronged for things I never did. It is insulting and racist to suggest that being born a certain sex and a certain race is something you should have to "admit" and apologize for.

Many of these people are using the legitimate suffering of generations past to make themselves feel special. They are cowards and they have it easier than most of the rest of the world.

By the way, the post in this thread was not a response to you. It was a response to the smitha person.

Re: It appears that they quit a couple of weeks ao.***

Nov 8, 2015, 2:00 PM

they started boycotting the endzone about a month ago

Nov 8, 2015, 2:08 PM

the Missouri football team would be missed by absolutely no one.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wonder if they were 9-0 right now if this would happen.***

Nov 8, 2015, 2:09 PM

Could you imagine 30 players going to Dabo

Nov 8, 2015, 2:14 PM

and telling him they were going on strike to make a political statement against the school?

That's why this story is so scary. If some idiot from

Nov 8, 2015, 2:24 PM

a trailer park comes onto Clemson's campus and spray paints a bunch of racist stuff, and we try to track them down and fail... and a group of black students wants to make it an issue with the University... then we are in trouble. What can you do about something like that? Once the protesters decide that it's the school, or the president... or the police... or whoever is the target of their movement, they single-handedly define the issue. And you can't argue against it. You either follow what they say or you are racist. It's a bad situation.

Nov 8, 2015, 2:13 PM

Possibly this stems from the events in Ferguson, MO.
Not a lot of options other than trying to do the right thing.
Innocent people are killed by cops ( both black and white victims and black and white cops).

What is the right thing? Anything protesters ask for?***

Nov 8, 2015, 2:16 PM

They are standing up for what they believe in homie.

Nov 8, 2015, 2:15 PM

What wrong with that?

Because the way they are standing for what they believe in

Nov 8, 2015, 2:18 PM

contributes nothing towards decreasing racism. If anything it's going to build more racial tension.

They have drawn the wrong line in the sand.

Tell 'em coot

Nov 8, 2015, 2:23 PM [ in reply to They are standing up for what they believe in homie. ]

fno

Nov 8, 2015, 2:18 PM

It is not impossible to argue with SJWs, it just takes guts. BYOG. Facebook fascists will try to have you fired and excommunicated though, so be prepared if you choose to engage. Victim classes suppressing free speech is the new tyranny.

Nov 8, 2015, 3:22 PM

Agree, one has to pick their battles, there is no good way out of this.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2015, 4:15 PM

Thank the liberals. Thank the Kenyan we have in the presidents office.
This is really affecting the police. I can see them refusing to answer calls.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just waiting for some race industry executive to decide

Nov 8, 2015, 6:14 PM

a new way to make lots of money is to rant about the white man exploiting all the blacks in athletics... Just wait it's coming.

Mindless Demanding The President to Resign is Silly

Nov 8, 2015, 6:17 PM

I respect them standing up and not playing, but a Zero-Sum demand is childish. Board of Trustees need to back their President and then appoint a task force or something empowered to remedy the situation. I grow so tired of the inability to communicate and compromise in this world.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mindless Demanding The President to Resign is Silly

Nov 8, 2015, 6:26 PM

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/news-columns-blogs/the-buzz/article43682574.html

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/the-latest-on-missouri-protests-gov-jay-nixon-weighs-in-110815

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/nov/08/black-missouri-tigers-players-to-strike-over-racial-harassment-on-campus

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/latest-missouri-protests-gov-jay-nixon-weighs-35058956

The President at Missouri is done. It's just a matter of whether the board has to force him out or if he is gonna resign. He has no support left. But, again, I'm sure everyone here has a much better handle on how this should have gone down.

Nov 8, 2015, 7:14 PM

God forbid black football players have any political power that they can exercise in the way they see fit. If they did something remotely threatening violence, you'd say they should be nonviolent. Here they've jeopardized the ability of their not so good team to win a game or two, and you're telling them they should draft a petition instead. if you were their leader they would not have had heir voice heard, pretty much. Frankly, I'm guessing if they merely drafted a petition you'd come up with a complaint about that. The gist of your argument is that you'd prefer that they voice their complaints in a manner so quiet that you don't have to hear it.

Considering their list of demands is outrageous, I find it

Nov 8, 2015, 7:30 PM

hard to sympathize with their method of holding something important to a lot of people hostage.

Replies: 64
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic