Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Stub Hub
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,816

Stub Hub

Dec 28, 2016, 2:16 PM

Hello fellow Tigers.

May drive out day of game from California to pull for the Tigers.

Have never tried stub hub before. Is it 100% legit. No chance of getting fake tickets? I obviously will go and read the FAQ on the website but figured I would post here first.

Tickets are delivered UPS it seems but what if you held out until Friday to order? How would you get the tickets then?

Thanks and Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, stubhub is legit, although their fees are quite steep.

Dec 28, 2016, 2:19 PM

Many tix can simply be printed so you don't have to rely on UPS.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

You can print ticket from stub hub and they still mail the

Dec 28, 2016, 2:24 PM

actual for keepsake

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Stub Hub

Dec 28, 2016, 2:25 PM

They charge a pretty big % ( around 10% I think ) on tickets but other than that, they're great.

On a side note

Dec 28, 2016, 2:29 PM

I just looked at prices and they're pretty cheap considering it's a playoff game. Sales must be underwhelming. Not surprising, people don't want to have to pony up the cash for 2 separate trips and tickets.

Re: On a side note

Dec 28, 2016, 2:32 PM

Yeah tickets are relatively cheap, I think mainly because flights to Phoenix are so #### expensive ... so even if tix were $0 they'd still be expensive

Re: On a side note

Dec 28, 2016, 2:35 PM

Yeah, I am thinking of driving from California about 5 or 6 hours. Would leave early day of game. If we win I might be so pumped I could drive straight back home that nigh :)

I drive so much for work, I want to just stay home and relax and watch football all day. But with the Tigers being so close I want to be there and support them.

Thanks for Responses

Dec 28, 2016, 2:33 PM [ in reply to On a side note ]

Yeah, the prices have been falling, even in the good seats area in the lower level around 20/30 yard line.

When you all talk about stubhub charging a percentage, is it a percentage listed on the tix price.

So let's say a tix is going for $200, will then pay an additional percentage at check out?

Heck, I can go and read the site FAQ and quite being lazy. Actually, I plan on doing that but I like to get other input as well.

Thanks again,

Re: Thanks for Responses

Dec 28, 2016, 2:45 PM

Not entirely sure how the %'s work. I think they vary from event to event. The % for that game seems higher than normal. For $200 dollar tickets you're looking at $50 in fees so around $250 total.

Dec 28, 2016, 2:34 PM

Order via Stubhub and then choose LMS (Last Minute Service) for LOCAL PICKUP. The pickup location is close to the stadium.

Dec 28, 2016, 2:36 PM

Good suggestion and thanks.

Dec 28, 2016, 2:37 PM

Fees are a %.

Purchased off StubHub for the Natty. I purchased the morning of the game. They had a pick-up location at the Renaissance adjacent to the stadium. Lanyard, nice ticket, etc.

I've used StubHub numerous times and got hosed once

Dec 28, 2016, 3:34 PM

I purchased a single ticket to a football game at Clemson last season when we needed to get one additional person into the lower deck. When I purchased the ticket, it said it would be available for printing within 24 hours. I received an email from StubHub the next morning saying they were sorry blah blah blah, but the seller's ticket wasn't valid for re-sale (I assumed it got blocked for being a student ticket or something). The email gave a number to call and the gal on the other end of the line offered me a similar priced ticket, but it was in the upper deck. I had to put up a strong argument for her to fork over a similar ticket (like StubHub guarantees), but she finally came through by paying some other seller twice as much as I paid for the original bum ticket. I was surprised she gave in, but she finally did with a lot of persuasion on my end.

With all that said, if the ticket is available for immediate electronic delivery it's completely safe. Otherwise, you're putting faith in someone else doing something to complete the transaction.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,816
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic