Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
STOP...before the rest of you get started...STOP
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

STOP...before the rest of you get started...STOP

Oct 7, 2015, 12:34 PM

You can feel sorry for the loss of life and property, for the devastation and conditions. You can mourn for our state and its situation in the wake of the extreme weather. I encourage it.

But you can all STOP right now with the "I feel sorry for" or "I'm pulling for" South Carolina Gamecocks and their fanbase because of the game swap. Those fans would take pleasure in watching the #### break and destroy DV if it came to pass. So spare me. Many of them wished worst in relation to our game this past weekend. Don't kid yourself.

You don't have to laugh at them or rub it in it if you don't want to, but don't be sorry for them moving the game and SHAME on you if you pull for them.

Pull for everyone affected by the tragedy...but this is a game. They made the right decision, and there's no sympathy needed for that cause.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You have a point. Let's just wish for 0-11 seasons.***

Oct 7, 2015, 12:35 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Um, AMEN and AMEN again

Oct 7, 2015, 12:37 PM

Point for u...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never pull for USuC. Never. BUT

Oct 7, 2015, 12:39 PM

what if our game Saturday was changed from being a home game (one of the biggest of the year), to then being played in South Bend? That's all im saying

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: Never pull for USuC. Never. BUT

Oct 7, 2015, 12:40 PM

It would suck. But if you think gamecock fans would care, you're sadly mistaken.

It's not "fair"

Oct 7, 2015, 12:41 PM [ in reply to Never pull for USuC. Never. BUT ]

But there's no way it can be fair.

I'm sure the exhausted every option for finding a suitable replacement, and in the end this probably makes the most sense.

Nope, not "fair". But they'll still get to play their game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

popular to contrary belief

Oct 7, 2015, 12:45 PM

there are things sometimes bigger and more important than football in life

Re: popular to contrary belief

Oct 7, 2015, 1:16 PM

So you think it would be in poor taste to share a song ,.,
I met my Baby in the Porta-John Line
Her eyes were floating and so were mine ,.,

Just when I see a bunch of them outside a dormitory ,,.

Strongly disagree

Oct 7, 2015, 1:26 PM

Like most people in South Carolina, I've got good friends I grew up with that are Gamecock fans. A lot of them live in Columbia as well.

When tragedy strikes, it can put everything into perspective. And you're definitely right, it's just a game. But when everything seems to be going wrong, whether it's dealing with illness in the family, loss of a job, loss of property, etc., something as simple as a win for your football team can be a meaningful distraction. So if a Gamecock win on Saturday brings even one person in Columbia a moment of joy with all of the crap they're dealing with, why should it matter to you? Are you suggesting that your hatred of the Gamecock football team trumps a moment of happiness for Gamecock fans?

And yeah, there are a lot of Gamecock fans that wish our program and its fans ill. So what? Aren't we always going on and on about how we're supposed to be classier than other fans? Why would we judge ourselves against them?

They can lose every game for the rest of the year as far as I'm concerned. And I'll probably stop short of actively pulling for the Gamecocks this weekend. But I will also be happy for their fans if they pull out the win (I still don't think there's a chance in #### of that happening, mind you). We will take care of business down there in November. But for this weekend, I think we could be adults about this and chill out with the hate.

One of the great things about being a football fan

Oct 7, 2015, 1:28 PM

And not being a jerk

Is that I can both:
1) Want USC to lose every game ever in every sport against any team
and
2) Be happy for my gamecock friends when they win a game

It's really not that hard to do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well Put!

Oct 7, 2015, 9:48 PM

My Dad and my wife are Gamecocks. I can't find it in myself to ever pull for the Gamecocks, but if they happen to win, I can be glad for the misguided members of my family

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Strongly disagree

Oct 7, 2015, 1:32 PM [ in reply to Strongly disagree ]
image.jpeg(63.6 K)

sure, perspective during this tragedy...here's their kickers latest tweet.

I'm sorry, there are better ways to help them get better that are better than football. They would pull for us if we were playing ISIS.

Hoping for recovery and hope can be done mutually exclusive of pulling for their football team to win.

Gag me with a spoon.***

Oct 7, 2015, 1:53 PM [ in reply to Strongly disagree ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

Oct 7, 2015, 2:18 PM [ in reply to Strongly disagree ]

I believe this post points all Tiger fans in the proper direction from hatred to simple caring and the need to put aside ugly feelings in the face of a situation of tremendous loss across our state. Quite a few Clemson fans have no idea what kind of hell parts of Columbia are enduring! Get over your anti USC attitude and start asking instead how you can help! Otherwise be quiet! I live adjacent to Forest Acres and know of people who have lost everything and have zero flood insurance. The time for playing a game against the Gamecocks will be here soon enough, but recovery will take a whole lot longer. Just consider yourself lucky if you did not suffer like Columbia has.

Go Tigers - Beat Tech!

Oct 7, 2015, 6:02 PM

I was unaware that me feeing sorry for Scar having to move their game, or pulling for them to win would help people who lost their belongings due to flood waters. Thanks for helping me see the light. Until now I had just been giving money and needed items to the Red Cross...

Oct 7, 2015, 10:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Strongly disagree ]

I don't really think football has anything to do with the flood and devastation in Columbia. I doubt that people that have lost most or everything are thinking about football right now. A football game and the flood don't have a thing to do with each other. I wish the best for all the people that have been affected but I really don't think winning a football game is going to help anything or replace what was lost. You can't use this tragedy as a "feel sorry for me" event for a football game.

^^^not a Clemson fan.***

Oct 7, 2015, 7:18 PM [ in reply to Strongly disagree ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I think that all Gamecock fans would be better off if they

Oct 7, 2015, 10:16 PM [ in reply to Strongly disagree ]

stopped being Gamecock fans. So winning only keeps them hooked on the rotten teet. If we really care about the individual, then shouldn't we hope for their disease to be removed?

I hope SCAR loses by 500 points. And I hope the salvageable souls that pull for the Gamecocks come to the light.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To clarify, I'm not pulling for them to win

Oct 7, 2015, 10:30 PM

I'm just not ACTIVELY pulling for them to lose, like I would every other week. And if it gives someone in the state of South Carolina a distraction from any sort of hardship they've suffered from the flood, that's a good thing.

I will pull for every gamecock fan to win the lottery. Sorry

Oct 7, 2015, 10:33 PM

that's the best I can do.

Fair enough***

Oct 7, 2015, 10:35 PM

Re: To clarify, I'm not pulling for them to win

Oct 7, 2015, 10:46 PM [ in reply to To clarify, I'm not pulling for them to win ]

Doubtful many coots watch the game knowing what's coming.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To clarify, I'm not pulling for them to win

Oct 7, 2015, 10:46 PM [ in reply to To clarify, I'm not pulling for them to win ]

Doubtful many coots watch the game knowing what's coming.

Good point

Oct 7, 2015, 11:13 PM [ in reply to I think that all Gamecock fans would be better off if they ]

Save them from the misery of coot fanhood.

Now that is a post!!!!!!

Oct 7, 2015, 1:51 PM

TU

No real Clemson fan is pulling for those D-Bags.

Oct 7, 2015, 1:56 PM

I hope LSU wins 100-0. Fournette will be handed the heisman trophy on Sunday morning.

Always want coots to lose, but I do regret their situation.

Oct 7, 2015, 9:58 PM

I would prefer they lose here and be safe.........just a game.

Re: STOP...before the rest of you get started...STOP

Oct 7, 2015, 10:04 PM

My response, in 70 years I have NEVER pulled for South Carolina. I have no reason to start now.

Absolutely. Don't ask me to pull for coots ever.

Oct 7, 2015, 10:16 PM

I mean if you can demonstrate how having Steve Spurrier get a coveted win vs LSU will reduce flood waters and help man and property then... Perhaps. Otherwise GTFO. That includes you liquored up, running off at the mouth kicker Frye.

I hope all their players remain healthy, and all their fans

Oct 7, 2015, 10:18 PM

remain safe and that their team always loses 63-17 from here until eternity.

Re: They Were Still Going To Play The Game In Columbia But

Oct 7, 2015, 10:49 PM

Nikki Haley said, "They Gamecock Fans Have Been Through Way Too Much."

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic