Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Stockpiling QB Talent at Clemson...Good or Bad?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Stockpiling QB Talent at Clemson...Good or Bad?

Dec 13, 2016, 3:13 PM

We have all seen headlines recently with Alabama and now FSU losing extremely talented QB commits because a younger QB won starting role and they see no opportunities. At Clemson, we didn't see that with DW here because our QB depth was not at same level as Alabama from a recruiting perspective. However, I think that changes next year and in 2018.

With Kelly Bryant, Zerrick Cooper, Hunter Johnson, and Chase Brice and potentially Trevor Lawrence in 2018...are we going to be comfortable with QBs leaving because of a lack of playing time in the future?

I could definitely see this playing out for us...but Dabo is a mitigating factor. Maybe he is able to control it.

Thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol

Dec 13, 2016, 3:15 PM

You serious, Clark?

Is having too much talent a bad thing? SMH

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

absolutely not

Dec 13, 2016, 3:49 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Question...

Dec 13, 2016, 6:45 PM

What are the "talents" of these young ladies?

Re: Stockpiling QB Talent at Clemson...Good or Bad?

Dec 13, 2016, 3:18 PM

Lots of talent=intense competition
Intense competition=better results

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2016, 3:21 PM

Iron sharpens iron, so the more competition, the better. All of these guys have been competing at a high level for most of their football careers, so this is just another day for them.

QB Talent at Clemson...Good or Bad?

Dec 13, 2016, 3:44 PM

This is a great situation to have as long as Dabo keeps an open mind. I am not convinced that Kelly Bryant can be our QB unless his passing gets much better. He certainly deserves to have the inside track as long as he can get it done. I don't want us to fall victim to the "Dabo loyalty to a fault syndrome" where he puts on blinders and keeps saying that "Kelly gives us the best chance to win" unless he really does...Give the other guys a chance to prove their worth, and may the best QB win.

Although having tons of talent is awful, I feel good about this.****

Dec 13, 2016, 3:47 PM

Dec 13, 2016, 3:48 PM

I know. I miss Nealon Greene.

be honest

Dec 13, 2016, 3:52 PM

you're real high, aren't you? its cool and all, but that is definitely the weed talking.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: be honest

Dec 13, 2016, 5:17 PM

Lol chill bro he's just paranoid about having to much talent!!

Dec 13, 2016, 3:58 PM

I have only one request. Please...one quarterback at a time. Do not repeat 2014. Thank you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We need to develop some solid depth at QB, so

Dec 13, 2016, 3:58 PM

having a bunch of guys competing for the starting position is a great thing IMHO.

There is no way we can expect some of these guys to stay if they don't break into the 2-deep because all of them are capable of starting on somebody's team.

Still, by stockpiling we probably increase the chances that we will end up with at least two guys who can step in and win big games for us, and that's not something we've had for the past few years.

Also, (re: Kelly Bryant) Clemson has a history of finding spots elsewhere where on the team where big athletic former QBs can prosper. James Earle, Andy Headen, Terrence Mack, Dexter McLeon, and Patrick Sapp come to mind.

Dec 13, 2016, 4:43 PM

I will say this - it's going to be great if the starter can come out, and the #2 and #3QB's come in, and the score keeps going up. Or if the starter is injured for a few plays, and that occurs. THAT will suck the life out of the opposing team, knowing they can't even beat the 2's and 3's.

That said, maybe we should ask Kelly Bryant. I'm not sure that he's all that happy about it.

Good. Next question.***

Dec 13, 2016, 5:04 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's just awful. We'd be better off with players that suck.***

Dec 13, 2016, 5:09 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Dec 13, 2016, 5:12 PM

168 posts in 8 years.

I hope the other 167 werent this #### stupid.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

the coots have the same problem with

Dec 13, 2016, 6:51 PM

macilwayne and the high school kid that is all world

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic