Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Spring Football
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1,067

Spring Football

Feb 5, 2016, 11:12 AM

Ah, one of the benefits to playing in the NC is that you play so late into January that NSD is right around the corner. Once you hit NSD, Spring ball is right around the corner.

Anyway on to my post. Here are the guys that need to have a great spring. Some of these guys need to go ahead and take the lead with some of the open vacancies.

Here we go:
OL- Morris, Pollard, Hearn, Green all need to do well in spring.
Maverick Morris, Sean Pollard, Taylor Hearn and Noah Green need to have good springs and 1 should clinch the LG spot and the rest should start to fill in the other backup spots at T. I sort of anticipate Simpson coming in and being able to take a backup G role. Pollard has been pegged as more of a tackle but one would think he could see the field sooner at G.
Honorable Mention- Zach Giella

DE- Bryant, Register, Ferrell, Yeargin
Look for Austin Bryant to nail down the SDE, Register could push him. Ferrell and Yeargin will likely battle it out at WDE. Kelly will come in and provide some immediate depth and could contribute early.

LB- Lamar, R. Smith, C. Smith, O'Daniel, Wiggins
Tre Lamar, Shaq Smith, and Chad Smith will fight for the 3 spots available at WLB and MLB. O'Daniel and Wiggins will compete at SLB but Wiggins could move back to safety since there are only 3 scholarship safeties right now unless a corner is moved.

HM- Jalen Williams and Kendall Joseph

CB-Baker, Fields, Ryan Carter
Adrian Baker probably leads the way in getting the field corner spot with Mark Fields and Ryan Carter possibly vying for the spot as well. I look for Fields to land the backup role at boundary behind Tank at the minimum. Carter has the chance to earn more PT and get better at the nickel role.

HM-Denzel Johnson, Marcus Edmond, Kaleb Chalmers

S- Muse, V. Smith, Johnson, Wiggins
Johnson is the leader and needs to strengthen his rushing game, V. Smith probably is the going to step into the other starting S role. Wiggins could compete for a starting role here if not at SLB. Muse probably serves as Johnson's backup but if Wiggins doesn't move and one of the corners moves back like D. Johnson then Muse could rep both spots.

HM- Jeff Gibson's ghost.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think Jospeh gets the nod at MIKE at first

Feb 5, 2016, 11:24 AM

With Lamar or Chad Smith backing him up. Shaq Smith is a WILL all the way since that's the position Venables prefers to blitz the most and that works best with Smith's pass rushing skills set. He's also good in coverage so we could play some at SAM as well

think Ben might start out at Mike until Tre learns the calls

Feb 5, 2016, 11:43 AM

Replies: 2
| visibility 1,067
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic