Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Speaking of JH yesterday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 458

Speaking of JH yesterday

Nov 19, 2020, 8:21 AM

(not JO) check out this brand. I went to their store last year and got some bibs, thus now I get their catalog each month. They makes some great stuff.

The only thing I do not like is their vests. Everything else is spot on.

https://www.stio.com/

Greenr
TOTE1

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I get that catalog almost monthly. I keep swearing to check

Nov 19, 2020, 8:23 AM

out the stuff but never buy anything. Maybe I will treat myself this Chrimmus. Have you tried these:

https://www.stio.com/products/mens-rivet-canvas-pant-regular?variant=32105099001921

This is VERY MUCH up Greenr's "alley"

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I do not, I only have the bibs

Nov 19, 2020, 8:25 AM

and a plaid shirt. I tried on the vests and I think others just have better colors and styling.

But YES those pants are on fire.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Makes me wonder if they're related to Mountain Khakis.

Nov 19, 2020, 8:28 AM

Guy I used to play tennis with in Lake Wylie owned a monster successful carpet cleaning business and basically split his time between Lake Wylie and Jackson Hole. Turns out he was a pretty savvy angel investor too and (at the time, dunno about now) had a large minority share...something like 30-40% of mountain khakis. Wouldn't surprise me if he was in on that brand too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mountain Khakis cracks me up, styled out of JH but operated

Nov 19, 2020, 9:02 AM

out of Charlotte, NC (used to be warehoused in Fort Mill)

They have a flagship store in Larimer Square in Denver as well, but we all know those guys are NC/SC Natives.

I rock those pants though, now that they make them a little tighter in the thighs and don't look like JNCO Jeans

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah, probably explains why this guy was so in on it.

Nov 19, 2020, 9:07 AM

He used to hand me a pro discount card or two for 50% off every time we played so that was nice.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When I was a buyer and could get MK's for

Nov 19, 2020, 9:53 AM [ in reply to Mountain Khakis cracks me up, styled out of JH but operated ]

cost, I would wear them all the time. But they never really fit me right. I need a 35x36 and they only do 34 (super tight) and 36 (ridiculously huge) so I gave up.

I have gone back to wearing jeans a lot. Banana Republic make an Athletic Fit Denim that is super stretchy and they fit at the ankle, but not hipster skinny. They are perfect and at like $90.

Then I mainly do the Carhartt 5 Pocket in Hickory. Once you wash them a couple of times, they are money.

Might try those Stio since they have a long option.

If you ever heard of Cloudveil, Stio's founder started that

Nov 19, 2020, 9:04 AM [ in reply to Makes me wonder if they're related to Mountain Khakis. ]

company and sold it (IIRC) then started Stio.

Re: If you ever heard of Cloudveil, Stio's founder started that

Nov 19, 2020, 9:05 AM

https://www.snewsnet.com/news/cloudveil-founder-stephen-sullivan-to-debut-new-outdoor-apparel-company-stio

"If I ever heard of Cloudveil"......

Nov 19, 2020, 9:08 AM [ in reply to If you ever heard of Cloudveil, Stio's founder started that ]

bruh, c'mon.

lol, I wonder what happened to my Cloudveil jacket

Nov 19, 2020, 9:09 AM

gone with the original birkenstock bostons, I bet. I think my wife threw away half my stuff when I wasn't looking.

That's why I miss my old 1990's outdoor gear.

Nov 19, 2020, 9:16 AM

Original North Face mountain light jacket (this was before NF sold out)....a cougar could maul that thing and you could mail it back to them and tell them you weren't happy with it's cougar resistance and they'd repair it free or send you a new one.

I had a Moonstone gore-tex jacket that I got in Atlanta in 1993 and that thing made the round trip to their HQ 3 or 4 times.

I still got a TNF Alpine Light jacket. BOMBPROOF.

Nov 19, 2020, 9:26 AM

I actually saw a Vintage Dead Instagram account selling those for like $200 the other day. I offered to sell him mine for $100 and he could resell (it's too big for me) but he declined.

As someone who wears all mountain khakis cloths and gets

Nov 19, 2020, 9:46 AM [ in reply to Makes me wonder if they're related to Mountain Khakis. ]

their catalogs, catalogs for Stio also started showing up randomly.

Survey says, yes they're related.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://gearchase.com/Search/ProductGrid.aspx?m=301&p=1&b=St***

Nov 19, 2020, 9:03 AM

HEY GREENR. Here's a little NF time machine back to

Nov 19, 2020, 1:12 PM

https://www.etsy.com/listing/904515733/90s-the-north-face-light-jacket-vintage?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=north+face+mountain+LIGHT+XL&ref=sr_gallery-1-25&organic_search_click=1&pro=1

That jacket looks like the 1990's.

Nov 19, 2020, 1:27 PM

All its needs is a big 8 ball on the back.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Speaking of JH yesterday

Nov 24, 2020, 8:27 AM

Im all set on ski gear but I would like some new backpacking stuff. Poof jackets and such.

Replies: 17
| visibility 458
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic