Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sad that coaches only had ETN in because hand was forced
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Sad that coaches only had ETN in because hand was forced

Sep 23, 2017, 10:09 PM

on that 50 yd TD run. Fuller was benched for fumbling, Feaster had just gone out with some physical issue, and the play before Choice limped off with an ankle injury. He wouldn't have even been in there had the other guys not had an issue. We're trying to run the ball. No blocking is required in this scenario. Why would he not be in there in the first place?

I just don't understand it taking so long for the coaches to realize he needs touches (even though he still has things he needs to work on) when it's been obvious for weeks to everybody else.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sad that coaches only had ETN in because hand was forced

Sep 23, 2017, 10:12 PM

maybe you should write Dabo a letter. I am sure he would appreciate the insight.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Sep 23, 2017, 10:19 PM

Not sure what game you watched but etienne was in a good bit throughout the game. I saw faster and etienne a lot more than choice and fuller.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know you've raised a real tiger fan when you ask your son what he wants his cub scout pinewood derby car to be and he says a Tiger!

Not sure what game you were watching

Sep 23, 2017, 10:26 PM

I said touches not snaps. He only had 3 or 4 touches prior to that play. Like I said he was the last option for the coaches on that long run so you really can't even give them credit for having the wherewithal to have him in there.

As usual, U whining like b!tch !

Sep 23, 2017, 10:33 PM

34-7

Game was closer the score indicated

Sep 23, 2017, 10:37 PM

It was a bigger picture observation. Is it not an accurate one?

Re: Game was closer the score indicated

Sep 24, 2017, 7:34 AM

Uh, no. No it wasn't.

Sep 23, 2017, 10:34 PM

> on that 50 yd TD run. Fuller was benched for
> fumbling, Feaster had just gone out with some
> physical issue, and the play before Choice limped off
> with an ankle injury. He wouldn't have even been in
> there had the other guys not had an issue. We're
> trying to run the ball. No blocking is required in
> this scenario. Why would he not be in there in the
> first place?
>
> I just don't understand it taking so long for the
> coaches to realize he needs touches (even though he
> still has things he needs to work on) when it's been
> obvious for weeks to everybody else.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sad. Very sad. Crooked coaching.***

Sep 23, 2017, 10:35 PM

amazing our players can win despite our coaches

Sep 24, 2017, 9:25 AM

intentionally trying to lose the game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No great mystery. I totally understand where you are coming

Sep 23, 2017, 10:48 PM

from, BUT it's a trade off. Obviously, there are some very important things the other RBs do better than Etienne. However, Etienne is clearly a much better runner than Fuller or Choice, and probably better than Feaster. Having said that, Etienne's touches so far have been limited to situations when those things he doesn't do so well are not critical. I think experience and ball security were the reasons Etienne was not originally in at the end. As I said last week, look for Feaster and ETN's touches to increase going forward. Feaster started this week and got the bulk of the carries (by a long shot). You can almost count on ETN getting even more touches early next week. Relax and enjoy it!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

What? He was a key contributor on the first TD drive. What

Sep 24, 2017, 7:33 AM

game were you watching? Stop posting moronic stuff.

Sad that you think you're actually making a meaningful point

Sep 24, 2017, 8:09 AM

while everyone else thinks you sound like an dumb ###.

I like holding ETN until late when defense is worn down.

Sep 24, 2017, 8:50 AM

BC was making fantastic open field tackles early but with fatigue, They couldn't wrap up ETN. Would almost be demoralizing to a defense knowing ETN is coming in later.

That's a real good point. At that point they hadn't seen

Sep 24, 2017, 11:53 AM

That burst from the others and he can pop it when they aren't expecting it. Had they seen that all game they probably would have a scheme set to slow him down and not get away so easily.

Sorry...

Sep 24, 2017, 8:54 AM

but they are doing the right things. ET, to me, actually looked a little winded at the end.

Go Tigers!

I know you like to stir the pot, but you also posted before

Sep 24, 2017, 9:03 AM

the season even started that it was "clear" our offense was going to be a problem early in the year and that we would need a spark off the bench at QB.

I also said ETN would lead the team in rushing

Sep 24, 2017, 9:14 AM

Why don't you mention that one too? Stay on topic.

lol***

Sep 24, 2017, 9:04 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

There is something to be said about wearing a defense down..

Sep 24, 2017, 9:19 AM

then putting in someone with fresh legs who has lightening speed. There's also something to be said about a pecking order and how it is established, maintained and developed. There's another something that might be worthy of consideration, freshman development in a slow methodical way to protect the freshmen.

Don't let me distract you with my opinion, I'm just another armchair coach.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is only my opinion. I think we are putting ET in the

Sep 24, 2017, 11:28 AM

Game when we have worn down the defense and he does not have to block at a critical passing time. I think his productivity has been a product of the time of the game he was in- this does not mean he is not ultra talented. All being said, Fuller is in my doghouse with the fumbles. I hope Choce is not injured, and I like the way Feaster is running between the tackles.

Re: Sad we have "fans" like you.

Sep 24, 2017, 9:20 AM

eom

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic