Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Someone please explain to me the reasoning
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Someone please explain to me the reasoning

Oct 15, 2013, 4:19 PM

On why we wont jump oregon if we win saturday. Espn is saying we solidify our apot at #3. To me beating 2 top 5 teams earns us the #2 spot.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ESPN wants who they want in the NC game = Oregon /Bama***

Oct 15, 2013, 4:19 PM

Duck bias

Oct 15, 2013, 4:20 PM

nm

Write it Down...Clemson Beats FSU They Will Be #2 in BCS

Oct 15, 2013, 4:30 PM

Poll released that Sunday.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly- win out w/ wins over coots and the conf title

Oct 15, 2013, 4:50 PM

it's a done deal. Just win and it all works itself out

Re: Someone please explain to me the reasoning

Oct 15, 2013, 4:31 PM

Yeah, I don't get it either. If an SEC team had beaten 2 #5 teams they'd be number one which is where I think we should be if we beat FSU. This is why I don't like the polls. Way too much bias. I'm all for the computers, but they need to be candid about what goes into the equations.

If we win out, we will eventually jump Oregon....

Oct 15, 2013, 4:33 PM

based on strength of Schedule alone.

That's not to suggest Oregon is a bad team or not worthy of their ranking. That's not the case at all.

On the contrary, I firmly believe Oregon is the best team in the country right now but Clemson's more dificult SOS will be the determining factor in the polls.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Not if voters still perceive Oregon to be the better team,

Oct 15, 2013, 4:40 PM

and I could see that happening.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Disagree, FSU/Clem winner needs either bama or ducks to lose

Oct 15, 2013, 4:53 PM [ in reply to If we win out, we will eventually jump Oregon.... ]

I think one will...and I think FSU/Clem winner still has challenges ahead themselves, but don't think either jump Bama or Oregon if they win out.

History says there won't be 2 undefeated teams regardless.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

We're #3, playing at home, and are a 3-point

Oct 15, 2013, 4:34 PM

underdog. FSU has jumped all the way up to #5 by beating the crap out of everyone they've played (minus BC). We will beat FSU I think, but unless we do it VERY convincingly, we won't go up to #2.

That's just the way it is, and I'm fine with that. Win every game and we WILL be #1.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We're #3, playing at home, and are a 3-point

Oct 15, 2013, 4:51 PM

Agree. The Tigs will have to beat FSU by three or four
td's to jump in the polls and that is asking a lot of our team. It's a real challenge to jump Oregon because they are a quality team for sure. Where Clemson may have an edge is the fact that we are on the east coast and get more exposure than Oregon. Their games end well after one am in the east and a lot of folks don't watch them. I certainly don't. In fact, I have never watched an Oregon game, or any other west coast game. How about you guys?

Oct 15, 2013, 4:47 PM

relax. it is what it is. We aren't going to play for a NC unless we go undefeated and OU or AU lose a game. Just like it was in 1981, we needed some teams to lose, and they did.

Man, there's just too much football between now and December

Oct 15, 2013, 4:52 PM

to get angry about people saying that we're ONLY the third best team in the country.

Oregon is great. There's no shame in coaches giving them the nod on the eye test. If we are lucky enough to go undefeated, our strength of schedule might just put us over the top.

null

ESPN stands for Entertainment and Sports

Oct 15, 2013, 4:58 PM

Programming Network, with an emphasis on ENTERTAINMENT. It's just another 'reality tv' network, where everything is orchestrated for maximum ratings, and hence maximum profit.

Very true, there's a reason the "E" is first in ESPN***

Oct 15, 2013, 5:33 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

because Oregon should be #1

Oct 15, 2013, 5:06 PM

And Alabama isn't moving until they lose because of their track record over the last couple of year. It just isn't going to happen, unless we completely dismantle FSU.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Given a choice, I'd rather play 'Bama than the Ducks......

Oct 15, 2013, 5:29 PM

neither would be an easy game, but Oregon looks scary from time to time

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, and Bama would be a much better match- up for us***

Oct 15, 2013, 5:34 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2013, 5:10 PM

I think maybe they are taking a long view of the BCS and believe with UCLA, Stanford, Washington and maybe USC(if they get their act together) and maybe UCLA in the PAC 12 Championship game that is more impressive than FSU, Georgia, and USuck with maybe Miami or Va Tech for our Championship game.

I tend to think our schedule is better but just barely and most people nationally believe Oregon deserves their chance at Bama so it will be hard for us to turn people's heads without impressive wins against FSU and USuck if you ask me.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic