Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Some random thoughts on Venables, BCS, ACC and USuC.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,735

Some random thoughts on Venables, BCS, ACC and USuC.

Oct 17, 2012, 2:18 PM

So someone at Oklahoma is talking trash about BV. This is most likely a sports writer (I use that term loosely) who knows little and writes much. Look, Oklahoma has yet to play; Notre Dame, Baylor, WVU, OSU and TCU. Come back and talk some trash when half of your wins are not against Texas-El Paso and Florida A & M.

BCS: Having a whole show devoted to BCS standing in the middle of October is nothing but ESPN creating news. Nothing could be less relevant than where anyone is ranked right now. If where everyone is ranked now matters, let’s end the season today and go with what we’ve got… hmm no takers outside of the states of Alabama and Oregon. Fine, then hush –up about where we are. Where we are end of November… that matters and there is still a lot of football to be played. Right now the ONLY thing important to Clemson football is this Saturday and Va. Tech.

The ACC, yeah right now it is pretty much a vomit inducing mess. The reality, FSU, Clemson, Va. Tech and Miami have historically and will likely continue to spend the bucks necessary to be good at football. UNC, flirts every now and then. What I believe: Clemson, FSU and Miami will spend whatever is necessary to be great at football. Va. Tech will spend whatever is necessary to be really good at football. UNC will spend whatever is necessary to be a consistent lower top 25 team. Every now and then they will need a top 15 finish and they will be over the top happy with that. Ga. Tech and N. C. State are mediocre right now at both basketball and football. They need to pick a priority. I think they both have enough going for them facilities wise to make a run at Va. Tech level really goodness. They would both need to drop some serious cash to push through to greatness. I hope they both make at least a Va. Tech level commitment to football and become really good. Notre Dame, if and when they become a full member, well we know the answer to the spending money question. The rest of the ACC, football is a filler between more important sports.

USuC: Please stop all the USuC sucks at football posts. It makes us sound ignorant as a fan base. Any half-way serious football fan can see that they are a legitimate good football team. The major difference between us and them: they are very good on one side of the ball (defense) and adequate on the other. We are very good on one side of the ball (offense) and less than adequate on the other. If between now and November, we become at least adequate on D, then we have a great chance to win at home.

One thing that is bad about the internet age, it has turned everyone with a computer and to much free time (translate no real job) into an expert on whatever they feel like writing, no matter how baseless it may be. So, let's all try and relax a little over things we cannot control (that is just about everyting by the way) enjoy life, football season, being a Tiger fan, and an opportuinity this Saturday to venture to God's country (Yes even for noon games) and enjoy the greatest college football experience on the planet. Have a blessed day and sorry for going on so long.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You left out one point

Oct 17, 2012, 2:50 PM

Scar suxxors....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NC State is #5 in the country in basketball, don't think

Oct 17, 2012, 2:52 PM

that is mediocre.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: NC State is #5 in the country in basketball, don't think

Oct 17, 2012, 4:11 PM

I knew they would be pretty good but was surprised they were picked that high.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Some random thoughts on Venables, BCS, ACC and USuC.

Oct 17, 2012, 3:04 PM

NC State is picked to win the ACC in basketball. They had a very nice run last year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

Agreed but their run of mediocrity was pretty long. Remember

Oct 17, 2012, 3:06 PM

Herb Sendek?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Some random thoughts on Venables, BCS, ACC and USuC.

Oct 17, 2012, 4:06 PM

nice! spot on.

I would add Maryland as a program with strong potential.....

Oct 17, 2012, 5:08 PM

for consistent top 25 level. They along with Clemson were the two best teams in the original ACC. They play physical football now, and usually give us all we want and sometimes then some.

I agree. You are right on.***

Oct 17, 2012, 7:07 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,735
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic