Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So Trump allegedly shared classified info with the Russians
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

So Trump allegedly shared classified info with the Russians

May 16, 2017, 9:45 AM

Then McMaster pulls the ultimate spin, "At no time were intelligence sources or methods discussed and the President did not disclose any military operations that weren't already publicly known"

Ok so he didn't name sources or methods or operations. Is that the only kind of stuff that's classified? Or could he have spilled SOMETHING ELSE.

Sounds like:

"Well he didn't leak Item A"
"What about Item B"
"I said he didn't leak Item A, I was in the room, I should know"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

McMaster was out for a jog this morning to work off stress.

May 16, 2017, 9:48 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OK, coach, here it is

May 16, 2017, 9:56 AM

The US has an agreement with Russia (and other countries) to share vital info about terrorist activities. We do not share the source or the method the info was gleaned, especially if it came from a partner.
It is the POTUS's prerogative to share the info.

The libs on here do not want to understand this and are whining like petulant children.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doubt he broke the law. Probably the oath of office.

May 16, 2017, 10:06 AM

Just pointing out what a dumb ### he is and how his love for all things russian is the one common thread running through his administration.

And how the lies the White House always tells after stories break make everyone who supports him look foolish.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

here it is pt 2

May 16, 2017, 10:08 AM [ in reply to OK, coach, here it is ]

"Let’s unpack this a bit.

First, members of Team Trump surely realize by now that their boss is humiliating them without any real forethought. If they choose not to resign, they’ll do further damage to their reputations.

Second, the president may have the “right” to share secrets, but that legalistic defense is spectacularly unpersuasive. We’re talking about a story in which Trump compromised national security, mishandled extremely sensitive information, infuriated an ally, and sent a signal to the world that the United States, at least in the Trump era, cannot be trusted to safeguard secrets.

To respond by effectively saying, “Yeah, but Trump can technically do that within the law” might work in court, but it’s not much of an argument.

And finally, this White House has created a credibility crisis that won’t fade anytime soon. The president argued last week that he and his team are too busy to worry about “accuracy,” and Team Trump now appears to be working hard to prove the point."

WOW!

May 16, 2017, 10:10 AM

How did he compromise national security?

Pls provide details...

He hasn't empowered the dems yet.

May 16, 2017, 10:13 AM

Does that count?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If he shared something that the Russian's could use to

May 16, 2017, 10:54 AM [ in reply to WOW! ]

deduce a critical source that we even keep secret from our allies, then that is probably the biggest screwup a president can make.

I'm not one of those russo-phobes either. I don't mind us sharing useful intelligence to help Russia kill ISIS and AQ. But if you pay attention to the details of this story, it looks like he gave away something massively top-secret that exposes something big that can be leveraged.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CSO - just curious what you're alluding to here:

May 16, 2017, 1:11 PM

"it looks like he gave away something massively top-secret that exposes something big that can be leveraged"

Who is the source on that?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The sources are anonymous at this point. Simply referred to as..

May 16, 2017, 1:24 PM

"unnamed source with details of the meeting."

But based on all factors considered, I am inclined to believe that Trump made a huge error in judgment.

Based on the following...
1. The Washington Post and the Buzzfeed articles are not proof by any means, but they are not obviously crock either. I don't trust them on the face of it at all, but there's more.
2. The initial reaction by admin officials was a flat-out denial that anything of the sort happened.
3. Trump himself admitted he shared something significant with the Russians and instead of downplaying how major it was, he chose instead to justify it using the excuse of national security.
4. Trump is obviously foolish and clumsy enough to do this. It fits the context.
5. Now the narrative has changed to "Trump wasn't even aware of the source." Uh... WHAT SOURCE? Why are we clarifying something like this if it never happened? That's proof that there is some veracity to the source. Something happened, something was shared, the admin felt it was legitimate enough to clarify, and the clarification has been inconsistent. That smells like smoke to me. McMaster is a loyal servant of the U.S. and he knows its in the US best interest to deny Trump gave away anything, that way the Russians may not pursue it to the end. But they will. They are a lot smarter than us lately.

I have certainly not made up my mind about anything. We are in the post-fact era. But the specific quotes coming out of the WaPo article from their secret source sound like something legit and the reaction has implied there is something to it.

Response: WOW!

May 16, 2017, 11:58 AM [ in reply to WOW! ]

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=21566109#21566109

But isn't it laughable that Trump surrogates said

May 16, 2017, 10:27 AM [ in reply to OK, coach, here it is ]

he didn't do this, then he tweeted that he did, cutting their legs out from under them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm on the fence on whether he is consciously destroying

May 16, 2017, 10:56 AM

the conservative movement in this country or if he's just so violently retarded he can't help it.

It's so embarrassing for the those that still blindly follow him down the dark path. I mean... my God... have some pride.

He's not smart enough, focused enough or intellectually

May 16, 2017, 11:10 AM

curious enough to formulate a plan like that.

Conservatives thought his mind was a blank slate that they could fill with conservative ideas once in office, so they went along with the crazy. Most still believe that.

Once Conservatives perceive that they cannot get their agenda passes and that the President's unpopularity will affect their re-election chances, they will start to turn on him. Given that he could shoot someone in Central Park and his supporters wouldn't abandon him, it make take until after the 2018 elections before they come to that conclusion.

Unless conservatives throw him out like NOW it's too late.

May 16, 2017, 11:21 AM

He's absolutely a wrecking ball in beast mode right now. Democrats are building a massive arsenal.

The GOP needs to be the face of the anti-Trump movement. Conservatives are tethered to a dumpster fire in quick sand. There is clearly no coming back from this. Cut your losses and regroup before it gets fatal.

Building an arsenal?

May 16, 2017, 11:29 AM

I don't necessarily disagree with your take on Trump's effect on the party, but let's not pretend that the Dems are in well-oiled machine mode right now, taking full advantage of the situation.

Their reaction to Trump is turning off as much of their base as Trumps actions are turning off the GOP.

Politics in general is taking a dump with the populus right now. If the Libertarians could ever get serious about being a political force, now would be the time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unfortunately, because this country is addicted to

May 16, 2017, 11:33 AM

two parties, and totally incapable of freeing themselves of such a set-up, voters will choose the side that has the least amount of horrific screw-ups in the last month or so.

Trump is such a gigantic disaster that even an inept democrat organization can easily cash this in. I'm horrified the result is going to be a rampant expansion of entitlements after people look to the soothing personality of Bernie Sanders... as long as the DNC doesn't kill him first.

I like Bernie's personality, but his economic policies are just as ruinous (if not moreso) as Donald Trump's general disgusting behavior.

Don't necessarily agree with that

May 16, 2017, 11:40 AM

The viability of any third party is all about the candidates.

Gary Johnson was a total joke of a candidate----not a person a serious party would run if they had designs on the office.

OTOH, as I pondered a few times during the election, imagine if 2016 were the year Ross Perot had run instead of 1992.....he would have won in a landslide.

They've gotta start finding common sense, intelligent candidates like that, and I think the votes will come.

Courting the blacklight tie dye crowd with pot legalization will only get you so far.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude, the country had to choose between...

May 16, 2017, 11:49 AM

Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump. They STILL didn't try out a 3rd party. The fact Libertarians didn't even crack 5% isn't just about having a bad candidate. I think this is simply non-reversible social conditioning. Our democracy has failed us. Woe is me.

Gary Johnson was a weird buffoon and everybody knew it.

May 16, 2017, 11:57 AM

The party's PR machine was crap. Their messaging sucked.

It's amateur hour over there. They get their act together, and get a good candidate, they'd have had a chance last fall.

Trump was a bigger buffoon and he won.

May 16, 2017, 1:31 PM

Hillary was so weird people thought she had a serious medical disorder. She came in second.

If George Clooney was the libertarian.... well maybe if he was we'd win.

I disagree with that.I wanted to vote Libertarian after Hill

May 16, 2017, 1:24 PM [ in reply to Dude, the country had to choose between... ]

The Donald won their primaries. But Johnson had no social skills; his interviews were painful to watch.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So if an awesome personality doubled or tripled the vote

May 16, 2017, 1:28 PM

then he's still not even qualifying for the debate.

The Lib party doesn't seem to get it.

May 16, 2017, 1:26 PM [ in reply to Dude, the country had to choose between... ]

They show up every four years and try to get a candidate in the debates instead of trying to get people elected in the lower offices. State leg, House, Senate.. Actually make a name for themselves and get their ideas in front of the voters..

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

I've been saying this as well.

May 16, 2017, 1:23 PM [ in reply to Building an arsenal? ]

If the Libertarians can't get a foot hold in this #### show of a political climate they ought to just give up.

GO TIGERS!!

That's my argument. The bad candidate factor is MORE

May 16, 2017, 1:29 PM

than cancelled out by the other two candidates.

Re: OK, coach, here it is

May 16, 2017, 3:01 PM [ in reply to OK, coach, here it is ]

Not aware of any agreement between U.S. and Russia to share intel. Quite the contrary. Russia is allied with Syria and Iran, Iran being a primary supporter of Isis and Hezbullah.

Of course there is an alternate view coach.

It is an established fact that Russia interfered in our election in order to favor Trump.

The Republican led house and senate intelligence committees are investigating that fact as well as any possible connection to the Trump Campaign.

Trumps Nat. Sec. Advisor is fired for undisclosed contact and payments from Russia. Trump's campaign chairman Paul Manafort is fired after the discovery of payments from the pro-russian Ukrainian Party Regents .

Sally Yates, who warned the Administration about Flynn's vulnerability to blackmail by Russia is fired.

Preet Bharara, U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York where Trump Tower and various Trump properties fall within his district, as well as investigating Russian meetings at Trump tower and Stock trades made by HHS Sec. Tom Price is fired after being assured by trump he would stay on.

Jim Comey, Director of the FBI who is leading the investigation into collusion between the Trump Campaign and Russian contacts is fired. The Administration lied for 24 hours stating he was fired for being mean to Hillary. The following day Trump makes liars out of his own staff and relates that the Russia investigation was on his mind as to why he fired Comey.

The following day Trump meets with the Russian Foreign Minister and the Russian Ambassador in the Oval office where U.S. Press were barred....only Russian media was allowed in.

Trump admits that it was appropriate to reveal 'named' classified information (named is the most sensitive) to the Russians in the Oval Office to benefit U.S. Security. While at the same time, not mentioning to the Russians their overt efforts to destabilize our election and democratic processes.

Now those are the facts coach. Deal with them as you will.

Re: So Trump allegedly shared classified info with the Russians

May 16, 2017, 10:03 AM

The threat was against civil aviation. What part of that do you all not understand?

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic