Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cameron Champ
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Cameron Champ

Apr 10, 2021, 11:22 AM

His dad is biracial and his mom is white and ESPN refers to him as an African American golfer. That’s a 25% stretch.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Survey says

Apr 10, 2021, 11:26 AM

The nose is about the only feature I see

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They also call

Apr 10, 2021, 11:28 AM

Bruce Jenner, katlyn.........so makes since for ESPN to misunderstand things.

Re: Survey says

Apr 10, 2021, 12:43 PM [ in reply to Survey says ]

I have seen lots of noses bigger than that on white people. Have you run into an Italian lately?

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2021, 2:04 PM [ in reply to Survey says ]

I am tired of colored

Apr 10, 2021, 2:05 PM

Golf balls. Golf balls should be white!

Apr 10, 2021, 2:09 PM

Putt-Putt?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Thomas Jefferson made this rule about white a long time ago and the south upheld it...

Apr 10, 2021, 12:08 PM

To control who was free, able to vote and own property. It’s not black folks or ESPN’s fault. Until we are willing to admit the historical whys and who’s and foundational ideologies things will not change. Most are not willing to admit what our founding fathers did that have affected the way we continue to see and treat each other and engage in healthy conversations and relationships. It just doesn’t make sense

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thomas Jefferson made this rule about white a long time ago and the south upheld it...

Apr 10, 2021, 1:22 PM

Do you believe he would have better opportunities living anywhere on the African continent?
I certainly don't think so!

No. I don’t. This is his country and he adds to make it worth all of us living here

Apr 10, 2021, 1:29 PM

I am doing my part along with you to make it a better day place for all- for a more perfect union!!!! Go USA!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thomas Jefferson made this rule about white a long time ago and the south upheld it...

Apr 10, 2021, 1:22 PM [ in reply to Thomas Jefferson made this rule about white a long time ago and the south upheld it... ]

You are saying ESPN has to identity mixed race golfers because America’s founding fathers owned slaves. HBrown - it is you who makes no sense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No! I am saying they defined what made someone white a long time ago and that’s why

Apr 10, 2021, 1:32 PM

With 25% blood- in this country’s history and continuing thinking- l am not surprised and neither should we that he would be talked about as African American

Apr 10, 2021, 1:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Thomas Jefferson made this rule about white a long time ago and the south upheld it... ]

If you had the chance to identify as the currently privileged race, or gender identity, why wouldn’t you? It’s what social “justice” is all about.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Apr 10, 2021, 2:04 PM

It had to start somewhere in this country. Where- in the US( don’t go pre-USA on me, please) did determining rights or justice or privilege according to skin color begin? From who and why? Now let’s work together to end it, friend.

Apr 10, 2021, 2:14 PM

Slaves were brought to the US from Africa, so I’m going to guess that it started with Mother Africa and brought to the US.

Unless you’re talking about the discrimination against the Irish in the northeast, but I guessing not.

And Jim Crow laws?

Apr 10, 2021, 2:26 PM

nm

Came after that.

Apr 10, 2021, 4:37 PM

Didn’t you ask where it started?

Bottom line - the whole world was tribalistic and racist

Apr 10, 2021, 3:04 PM [ in reply to Thomas Jefferson made this rule about white a long time ago and the south upheld it... ]

at one time; as such, it is ingrained in our history and our culture as Americans. No excuse, but our founders were not immune; they were products of their time. I take great comfort in knowing that were those brilliant men alive today, they would not hold such ignorant, reprehensible beliefs about race, and that the priciples and ideals they embraced and codified were timeless and greater than they were as mere mortals. Thanks, in large part to them, flawed as they were, we don't live in their world anymore, as they gave us not only the foundation, but the mechanism to make it better.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

So, only the good part of the foundation lives or do you agree that

Apr 10, 2021, 3:37 PM

Their mistakes also have serious consequences? I’m not sure it works like that. I acknowledge the awesomeness of our democracy and ability to work toward a more perfect union- I am staying and fighting and working and loving for it as a citizen. But it would be negligent to not recognize where the seeds of racial disparity and hate in the language of the laws of the day have caused havoc between. I love my country like I appreciate the old homes and buildings in Charleston where I am from but I would not move my family or business or life into them without a restoration of the foundation and an appreciation of the original architecture all at the same time.

Of course, I fully acknowledge that our founders were flawed

Apr 10, 2021, 4:12 PM

men and their ignorance and mistakes led to much harm and suffering by innocent people, and we still see some of those repercussions today. Some folks act like they, as white men of western european descent, were somehow unique in their flawed beliefs and practices, and I'm just pointing out that they were not, and that America is not therefore uniquely "bad". We were ultimately left, by these very same flawed men, with a way to overcome those flaws, and I think that is worthy of honor and celebration. I don't deny the bad at all, but we should only be lamenting and dwelling on the mistakes of the past to the extent that we can learn from them and make things better going forward. I guess I have always taken all of that that for granted, and assumed everybody did.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Cameron Champ

Apr 10, 2021, 12:27 PM

He is very close to his very black grandfather. I think Cameron self identifies as black and ESPN has nothing to do with it....

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

Apr 10, 2021, 12:45 PM

No, in South Carolina, if your mother is white, you are considered white on your birth certificate. Don't know if you can request a change or not but these were the rules in vital records at DHEC when I retired.

It was also became illegal for a white woman to sleep with a black man

Apr 10, 2021, 1:27 PM

Chances were slim that she would come forward.

Apr 10, 2021, 12:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Cameron Champ ]

I don’t care if he is black or white. Why make a big deal of it either way? Asking for someone who don’t care

Apr 10, 2021, 1:19 PM

And therein lies the problem. We have one side that wants to put everybody in a category or a box/voting block while the other side looks at the individual as having value and self-worth. All I know is that dude can crank a golf ball.

Apr 10, 2021, 1:28 PM

Yep - humans will identify each other by every classification available. Skin color, hair color, weight, height, beauty or lack thereof ... and that will not change. But we like to believe King was right and what matters is whether the person does more good than bad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree!!! That would be awesome

Apr 10, 2021, 1:37 PM

nm

That is not how it started and continued in this country is my point.

Apr 10, 2021, 1:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Cameron Champ ]

White became a term founders, especially Thomas Jefferson, to distinguish who could vote, own land and claim freedoms. I am not saying folks shouldn’t be thought of as individuals but early on European immigrants dropped their place of origin distinctions because it was more profitable socially more advantageous to be considered “white.” People even went to court to be declared “white.” So I ask- who ended up wanting to be lumped in together by appearance more than origin?

Apr 10, 2021, 2:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Cameron Champ ]

Ah, the arrogance of “individual achievement.” The Collective is all that matters. There is nothing outside of the State. He didn’t build that, we all did. He’s just doing his part comrade, but pride and thinking one is better than another can lower your Social Justice Score and get you sent to re-education.

Apr 10, 2021, 4:07 PM

HBrown you are so typical of a liberal. You are totally, 100% incorrect if you think whites won't admit the sins of our ancestors. Hey, but many blacks think racism is committed by whites only. Do you admit that ? Why are no blacks charged with racism ? Because everybody and his brother are covering for people with color. The black guy from Rock Hill that killed the physician, his wife, 2 grandchildren, and a repairman a few days ago, did you see that reported at length on CNN, MSNBC, CBS. or mentioned at the White House ? What if that was a white guy that killed a black family ? Oh No, kill all white people because they are all racists. HBrown, you have a lot of things to learn in this life. When volunteerism is needed, what race steps up to the plate more ? Give you a hint since I am involved in that, it ain't people of color. Who contributes more to charity ? It is not you. Don't play the race card with me sir, I've worked in the social field a long time and I know the score. I assure you sir, you know very little about the subject.

We are all racist in some form or fashion, because

Apr 10, 2021, 5:11 PM

We have all mistreated and been mistreated based on “race” or class. Could the people who were killed in Rock Hill be dead because of black supremacy- sure- that is a possibility. Because of the history, power and privilege attached to race in our nation it is not the first thought. But I admit I am racist in a number of ways that God, my family and friends have been helping me change. In my first animal science class at Clemson I thought all of these country people were dumb hicks with their pickups, farm life and boots- including my professor- Dr. McConnell- never mind he has a PhD!!! I was ignorant and racist and wrong. My years at Clemson helped me to not judge by the accent and bring rurally raised. I still am tempted to judge white people through stereotype, history and personal projection. That does NOT mean racism is not real and that blacks have a history of systematic oppression- it does mean we are all broken though!!! And hate to admit it

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic