Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So is Zamir gonna fall into the UGA RB hype trap
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

So is Zamir gonna fall into the UGA RB hype trap

May 5, 2017, 9:42 AM

and either get ran into the ground and tear his knees up with 45 carries a game b/c they got nohting else or split time with the other #1 ranked RB next year and still lose in the worst division in college football in the south. Plus lose 4 games a year and never sniff the jock of bama even if you make it to a conference championship. Which UGA can't beat enought people ever to get there but once a decade. That side of the conference is garbage. Kirby will be on the hot seat lists after next year and certainly 2 years from now.

Its Hype Zamir. Yes they've had some names but who has really done anything with it other than Gurley in the last 15 years? Knowshon maybe. Gurley still has hurt all the time because they ran him into the ground too. They get every RB but why? Might as well just got to NC State... its about the same as UGA just without the Hype. Plus all youre buddies are going to be trying to get you into trouble all the time. Because thats just what they do in Athens.

I mean cmon man.. come to Clemson and write your own ticket, become a man, have fun at the same time...and win championships. We ain't done. Trevor Lawrence and Zamir White ticket would be unstoppable.

You'll be just another victim eaten up and spit out by the hype train at UGA.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I call BS on this. They have had bad luck

May 5, 2017, 9:50 AM

in injuries to RBs, but that's all it is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I call BS on this. They have had bad luck

May 5, 2017, 10:51 AM

Bad luck????? LOL Come on.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hope his knees are ready

May 5, 2017, 10:15 AM

We're WRU and Georgia's ACLU

Re: Hope his knees are ready

May 5, 2017, 10:28 AM

american civil liberties union?

Re: Hope his knees are ready

May 5, 2017, 10:32 AM

Anterior Civil Ligament Union

He is a 17 year old kid. You sound bitter

May 5, 2017, 10:27 AM

Did someone from UGA steal your girlfriend ? A RB perhaps ?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nah, I just have yet to understand why we are supposed to

May 5, 2017, 10:47 AM

crown UGA as football elite? They are always preseason ranked in the top 10 and end up out of the rankings at the end of the year and too boot..they play in a #### pore division that missouri won their first two years. Both of those years btw UGA was slated to win and they never did. UGA is a farce. But somehow they get these elite RB's to buy into the myth. And they usually do absolutely nothing while they're there. Sony Michel was the #1 RB in his cycle. Most people now would say..who??

Keith Marshall was the #1 RB and Gurley was #3 in the same cycle and somehow they got them both to come. Gurley was just big and could take the abuse but Marshall wasted his college career. He could have come to Clemson and had a great career with numbers and a decent draft pick. I just don't buy the hype but... they keep selling it and it works. Just throw out the name Herschel Walker and they will come.

WE just need one. We don't need two. Just one elite back and we're set up for another championship run when TL gets to town.

Re: nah, I just have yet to understand why we are supposed to

May 5, 2017, 12:57 PM

WE got ours in fiester last year. I think his speed and catching ability fits into our system better. With him getting a year of feet wet averaging 6 ypc under Wayne train. I think this is his year look like game has slowed a lot for him during spring game. fuller and fiester will be our next thunder lighting duo. Plus I think that RB outta LA will surprise us this year and get on the field. He has power and speed. I just want to see some big 75 yard td runs like James Davis and mostly cj spiller used to do.

I was curious about your observation of pre-vs-post season..

May 5, 2017, 4:07 PM [ in reply to nah, I just have yet to understand why we are supposed to ]

I'd say you're right! Check out the last 8 years...ranked in the pre-season every time. Ranked in the post-season only 3 out of 8 times:

"PreSeason Consensus" vs Final AP ranking

2016:..........15.........NR
2015:..........8...........NR
2014:..........10.........9
2013:..........4...........NR
2012:..........7...........5.5
2011:..........18.........19
2010:..........22.........NR
2009:..........13.5......NR

(Data from: http://preseason.stassen.com/over-under/)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So is Zamir gonna fall into the UGA RB hype trap

If he does commit to UGA watch how all you guys turn on him and call him a future thug.

May 5, 2017, 10:53 AM

That's racist

May 5, 2017, 11:16 AM

That's facts

May 5, 2017, 11:35 AM

According to that coot chick you met in Charleston?

May 5, 2017, 1:03 PM [ in reply to Re: So is Zamir gonna fall into the UGA RB hype trap ]

Your right some on here will but not me I mean this is their lives not mine they gotta make the best decision for them and their family not for me as a fan so I don't turn on kids that don't commit to us it's unfair to them. We don't know the factors he's thinking of he's 17 about to be 18 I'll never knock a guy if he goes elsewhere I wish him the best if he does go to Georgia unless they play us then I hope we shut him down lol.

Dont buy your argument except I've never seen a school recruit more talent and do less with it in recent years.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i believe that IS the argument i was making.

May 5, 2017, 10:51 AM

them doing less with more is what HYPE is. Hype means its not true...smoke and mirrors.

Re: i believe that IS the argument i was making.

May 5, 2017, 10:56 AM

well I was speaking about the injury aspect. that can just happen. Less w more? Absolutely

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UGA RBs are hardly hype

May 5, 2017, 11:07 AM

I saw what they did to our very good defense.

The problem for UGA is that they haven't been able to pair up a stud RB with a stud OL. Gurley and Chubb have hidden those major problems with the guys up front.

RBU without an OL is like WRU without a QB.

The program is hype not the RB's, you're missing the point

May 5, 2017, 11:18 AM

i'm saying these young RB's think and are sold that if you're the best of the best you need to go to UGA. My question is why? They get the best every cycle it seems and the results for the RB's and the program are not great at all. I'd say SCAR has more success than UGA.

They have signed more stud OL than we have. Coaching!!

May 5, 2017, 1:13 PM [ in reply to UGA RBs are hardly hype ]

That is why our OL has progressed and theirs has regressed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 5, 2017, 11:31 AM

You should tweet this to him

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

I hate UGA as much as the next guy but if you're a RB, I

May 5, 2017, 11:36 AM

get it. They put RBs in league almost every year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hate UGA as much as the next guy but if you're a RB, I

May 5, 2017, 12:00 PM

> get it. They put RBs in league almost every year.

No they don't. They've put in 7 since 2000 and actually one of those was from 2000, and another two were in 2002 and 2003. So 4 RB's in the last fourteen drafts ain't exactly rockin' it, especially when guys like Todd Marshall went in the 7th courtesy of some of those blown knees prior posters were referring to.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Georgia_Bulldogs_in_the_NFL_Draft

By way of comparison, Clemson has had 6 RB's drafted in the same span, all of them since 2009 starting with James Davis.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Clemson_Tigers_in_the_NFL_Draft

Their superiority as "Running Back U" is wildly overstated.

well they better.. when you have the top 2 RB prospects

May 5, 2017, 12:23 PM [ in reply to I hate UGA as much as the next guy but if you're a RB, I ]

out of high school every year in recruiting I think you would have to work to make them not get drafted. I'm saying...what do you get out of UGA as one of those highly recruited prospects? See a highly recruited RB gets a lot out of a commitment to BAMA or LSU or Auburn but why does UGA keep getting these high profilers? They tend to finish in 2nd or 3rd in the EAST every year. How UGA or UF can't dominate the EAST is ridiculous. Tells me they can't get their act together and so why go there.

I can see how a big time RB would want to go to Auburn..they can win. Go to LSU they can win or Bama. The precedent at UGA does not warrant the RBU tag that they always receive in recruiting. Its dumbfounding that every year it seems they get two top 5 Running Backs. For what?

Like i said...we just need one. Zamir White would dominate at Clemson and would be able to go after a real trophy. At UGA...finishing 2nd behind another scrub every year.

May 5, 2017, 12:48 PM

Your arguments are sound for him going to Clemson. Here's the issue. Running backs are the stars of Georgia's Stone Age offense. White sees that fact. The NFL is still stuck this old offense and they draft accordingly. It's no coincidence that Georgia backs have so many knee surgeries. They are run way more than most backs. White is overlooking this sad fact. I want him at Clemson but we can't wait forever. Go get Teague.

May 5, 2017, 12:51 PM

Sad but true Georgia runs their backs to the ground and get everything they can from them. I can't think of a rb they had pst 5 years that hasn't torn a acl! But that's football they see Georgia runs the ball more in pro style and some RBs love that bc they get the ball 20+ a game but don't realize it's going to shorten their pro career if they are good enough. Heck unless that oline gets better white ain't doing anything big there just look at chubbs last year couldn't get yards at all and was getting no push from his line. Kirby has not impressed me at all yet even at bama I could have a top 10 defense with all those 5*s and same with Georgia I prob could have won 8 games last year as their coach I mean they have never finished outside top 10 in recruiting rankings so Kirby had talent all over the field and produced 8 wins in a weak east division. Kids are being sold on hype of new coach and good class kinda like when butch got his top 5 class still never did anything.

What do you mean gonna?***

May 5, 2017, 1:16 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic