Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So is Maggie Valley the Myrtle Beach of the mountains?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

So is Maggie Valley the Myrtle Beach of the mountains?

Oct 13, 2020, 8:46 AM

Looking at a mountain vacation after the season is over with wife of and kids of.

Was looking at Maggie Valley but it's too touristy and everybody goes there.

Love Black Mountain/Ashville, but that's a long ### drive with two little kids.

Wreck-or-Mends?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Pigeon Forge is the Myrtle Beach in the sky***

Oct 13, 2020, 8:47 AM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Greener is right.

Oct 13, 2020, 9:05 AM

Maggie Valley is nothing like Myrtle Beach, maybe more like Folly.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That ######## is still open/alive??

Oct 13, 2020, 8:48 AM

I've said it for years, Gatlinburg is the Dirty Myrtle in the mountains.

BTW I'm going to Dollywood tomorrow WITHOUT KIDS. I haven't ridden a rollercoaster since my oldest was a newborn. I caint wait.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hol up, Maggie Valley is an option but Black Mountain is

Oct 13, 2020, 8:50 AM

too far? I'm pretty sure Black Mountain is closer to you but I am not 100% sure where you live.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You need to remember who you are talking to.***

Oct 13, 2020, 8:50 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

I'm not 100 percent sure where maggie valley is

Oct 13, 2020, 9:21 AM [ in reply to Hol up, Maggie Valley is an option but Black Mountain is ]

went once as a kid and don't remember anything but Ghost Mountain and almost dying on the ski lift during a lightening storm while the trolly LDR's laughed at us.

I've drove to Black Mountain/Asheville from Cola one time. That #### sucked.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^This

Oct 13, 2020, 2:15 PM [ in reply to Hol up, Maggie Valley is an option but Black Mountain is ]

Unless he lives west of Maggie Valley or in Northern GA then Black Mountain is much closer.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Grew up in that area.....

Oct 13, 2020, 8:56 AM

why you would travel that far to go to Maggie Valley, I have no idea. Just drive the extra hour to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge. Or I ditto Greenr, hit Black Mountain.

Since Ghost Town is closed there ZERO reason to go to Maggie Valley.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

100% hitting Black Mountain before Maggie Valley.

Oct 13, 2020, 9:07 AM

Eating Ole Guacamole's on Friday night, drinking Pacifico. Black Mountain Ale House to watch football on a Saturday and then My Father's Pizza at some point in time too.

Take-A-Hike Outfitters for some gear, Vertical Runner for some running gear, Kilwins to get the kids something sweet, and hiking up to Lookout in Montreat.

We usually go to Montreat for a weekend with Church, cancelled this year. I think it was supposed to be this weekend actually.

Without church people, I'm heading into Asheville to do more day drinking.

Lord. What's the difference between Maggie Valley and

Oct 13, 2020, 8:57 AM

Asheville/Black Mountain? Maggie Valley is actually further from your trailer in BFE, SC. Go with what you love. Give the kids a pad and hope they don't barf. Play music the whole way up to drown out wife yapping. Drink heavily upon arrival. It'll werk out.

Seriously, we have undertaken the ultimate vacation and survived. Try driving from Cola to CLT, flying a 1yo, 4yo, and 10yo out to Phoenix, AZ. Renting a minivan, driving 5-6 hours Clark Griswold-style to the Grand Canyon, staying a few days, then another 5 hours over to Las Vegas for a few days of money wasting and glitz, then flying back. With car seats in tow, and driving back from CLT to COLA at 1am. We had one vomit session on Route 66 in BFE, AZ. One vomit session in an Arby's in Kingsman, AZ, and another in the Bellagio. And Vegas was the most difficult. By the end, I wanted to go rent a Lambo from that place across the interstate from the Bellagio, go find a hooker, score some blow, and crash and burn.

Seriously, Clark. You got this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish I could give this post more than 1 TU

Oct 13, 2020, 9:02 AM

but alas, I can not.

To be fair though, a vomit sesh in an Arby's is probably not too far out of the norm for most Arby's.

The Bellagio was the best really. Youngest blew projectile

Oct 13, 2020, 9:12 AM

chunks right onto the polished Italian marble floor, in a heavily traveled area, packed with people and witnesses. And not a ###### one of them ever had a kid, apparently judging from the looks. By that point I was at the numb stage. Like in a haze or fog, purely on autopilot hoping just to get through with it. Luckily I didn't snap because in Vegas that could have gotten expensive, or illegal, or both. But I know approximately where that point is now, and it's a LONG WAY OFF. But I can at least see how you can get there.

It does make a trip to the mountains appear MUCH easier.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't enjoy the car ride to Florence with kids

Oct 13, 2020, 9:29 AM [ in reply to Lord. What's the difference between Maggie Valley and ]

much less hours on end. Daughter of is fine as long as she has her tablet. Son of gets board really really easy and becomes super annoy boy.

You took a kid to Vegas

Oct 13, 2020, 10:14 AM [ in reply to Lord. What's the difference between Maggie Valley and ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, I took 3 to Vegas.***

Oct 13, 2020, 10:52 AM

Yeah I mean to ask earlier

Oct 13, 2020, 12:13 PM

Why?

I would like to know this too.

Oct 13, 2020, 12:24 PM

This just seems like common sense that it would be a bad idea.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think Kings Mountain is exactly what you're looking for.***

Oct 13, 2020, 8:57 AM

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then he could hit Shelby

Oct 13, 2020, 9:01 AM

and go to the Shelby Cafe and get a goooooooood cup of coffee.

Are you a travel agent?

Watch out for the badboy of Shelby though

Oct 13, 2020, 9:07 AM

Yep.

Oct 13, 2020, 9:10 AM [ in reply to Then he could hit Shelby ]

Some of that red slaw at Red Bridge's BBQ, a few good beers at New Grass Brewing, and a show at the Don Gibson Theater. That's pretty much our standard itinerary for concerts in Shelby.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now I’m hungry

Oct 13, 2020, 9:32 AM

And thirsty

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

I think what you want is in Berkeley Springs WVa

Oct 13, 2020, 9:04 AM

You’ll fit right in with the locals and the kids will get a big kick out of peeing in the same pool George Washington did.

Soooo worth the drive

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

A Facebook Coach like yourself seems more Highlands, NC than

Oct 13, 2020, 9:08 AM

Maggie Valley or Black Mountain though.

I read there's a hill in Cherry Grove. May go check it out***

Oct 13, 2020, 9:30 AM

He's definitely too UDP for Cashiers

Oct 13, 2020, 9:31 AM [ in reply to A Facebook Coach like yourself seems more Highlands, NC than ]

Honestly, I think FBCoachSC® should just go to the Great Wolf Lodge in Concord and call it a day

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He's definitely too UDP for Cashiers

Oct 14, 2020, 7:26 AM

FBCoachSC® - agreed Kids love Great wolf Lodge and TBH, it's pretty fun. We took the kids there for my son's birthday 2 years in a row. Shop deals online for discounted tickets. Here's another trick...

When you book 1 night at GWL, you can spend the day before and the day after your night in the hotel. Book a second night at a cheap hotel down the road so you can maximize your time at GWL.

Also, your kids won't be big enough to ride the really big slides, but it'll still be fun.

Not sure how that place is dealing with Covid, though. Definitely may be changed. .... or maybe you can get a real cheap room.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Bruh, Gatlinburg was MADE for you.

Oct 13, 2020, 9:30 AM

Cherokee a close second.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh man, I forgot all about Cherokee.***

Oct 13, 2020, 9:39 AM

I can totally see the FBC's ruling Cherokee.....

Oct 13, 2020, 9:42 AM

kids wearing their REAL CHEROKEE Moccasins.....Dad saying "Hey kids watch this" and walking up to every store clerk and saying "HOW!!".....dream vacation.

Imagine the overstimulation

Oct 13, 2020, 9:46 AM

perpetuated by dream catcher options. Mastercard max-out waiting for a place to happen.

Mastercard? Na fam

Oct 13, 2020, 12:07 PM

AMEX

Diner's Club***

Oct 13, 2020, 12:08 PM

Maestro

Oct 14, 2020, 7:27 AM

or Players Club

So much Turquois jewelry for the mrs.

Oct 14, 2020, 7:30 AM [ in reply to Imagine the overstimulation ]

and a sweet richard petty-esque hat for the coach:

You jest, but I'm pretty

Oct 13, 2020, 2:32 PM [ in reply to I can totally see the FBC's ruling Cherokee..... ]

sure I had this exact vacation.

how much peyote was involved?***

Oct 13, 2020, 2:38 PM

Check out Roxboro, NC.

Oct 13, 2020, 9:32 AM

https://thetrippylife.com/18-fun-things-to-do-in-roxboro-nc/

Man sometimes the answer is right underneath your nose

Oct 13, 2020, 9:34 AM

Try the KOA in Pomaria and hiking on Little Mountain. Plus side is you are a mere half hour drive from a delicious Rush's cheeseburger.

Or Sugarloaf Mountain in Patrick SC

Oct 13, 2020, 9:42 AM

It is an unusual hill, known locally as "The Mountain," that towers a hundred feet above the surrounding terrain.

There's a Subway in nearby McBee that you can take the fam to. And if you just got paid, there's a Huddle House across the street

It's Mac Bee idiot***

Oct 13, 2020, 10:06 AM

LOL....you leave Sugarloaf Mountain out of it. That's

Oct 13, 2020, 12:02 PM [ in reply to Or Sugarloaf Mountain in Patrick SC ]

paradise to us rednecks. ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You now who else had a Coker connection ?

Oct 13, 2020, 2:22 PM

H8nusc®

Sobering

You right.

Oct 13, 2020, 4:21 PM

After my ####### didn't take school seriously thats where I landed. Lost out on Oklahoma St, Tennessee, UNC, Clemson, VCU and TCU.

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic