Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So I'm just wondering where are all the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

So I'm just wondering where are all the

Nov 26, 2017, 5:23 AM

Hunter Johnson should be our STARTER folks at? I am not saying the kid isn't a talent but He is not mentally ready for a quality 1st string defense. The times he has shined has been against an already downtrodden Wake Forest and Citadel's 2nd string defense (1 score in each game). Whenever he has played while the other team's defensive starters were still in the game, even with the game in hand (no pressure for him to win the game), he has exhibit one bad judgement after the other. I hope this ends all the foolish and wishful QB talk.

Message was edited by: CUFirstLady

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dumb argument

Nov 26, 2017, 5:56 AM

If you start a freshman, you expect freshman mistakes. We had them with DW4 and we would've had them with HJ had he been the starter. That's what you saw with that INT. Hunter is a better passer than KB, but KB is the better runner and we are a run first offense this year. Therefore KB is your starter.

Most of the arguments I've heard is that Hunter should be our #2 and he wasn't until this week and people believe that was the reason we lost to Syracuse.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dumb argument

Nov 26, 2017, 11:24 AM

It's not a dumb argument. I don't argue that he is a better passer but no matter how good of a passer you are if you make bad decisions because you can't handle the pressure than you are going to be a let down. DW4 was actually better his freshman year in the games he did play in as far as decision making than his 2nd and 3rd year. KB is the starter not because he is a runner but because up to this point he is the better decision maker which equals less turn overs which is something (turnovers) our coaching staff wanted to change this year. If Hunter would have shown he was capable of consistently making good decisions and handling the kind of pressure this season would bring he would be starting. Then the offense would be more pass oriented and suited to his strengths. My comment is not an indictment on his physical talent or his potential "ceiling" but all that is nothing if you aren't mentally prepared and this year the coaching staff didn't want to start him and hope he gets there, they wanted someone who was a little closer mentally to were they want to be.

Re: So I'm just wondering where are all the

Nov 26, 2017, 5:56 AM

Except for a holding call , he moved the O right down the field.
It's going to be tough keeping him on the bench next season.
KB had a good night but he floated the ball on every pass down field.

Re: So I'm just wondering where are all the

Nov 26, 2017, 3:49 PM

Except for the one pass, Adam Choice moved the ball down the field, all HJ did was hand it off which doesn't require any decision making.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic