Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
$2 Quadrillion
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

$2 Quadrillion

Jul 30, 2019, 10:05 AM

For PA alone....

LOfreakinL

Will some of you leftists PTBE how to pay for this?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/green-new-deal-swing-state-households-would-lose-70g-first-year

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Re: $2 Quadrillion

Jul 30, 2019, 10:07 AM

1. Lol @ CEI
2. The GND was not a bill. It was a resolution. Resolutions cost $0.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If there's is no intent for the resolution to become a bill

Jul 30, 2019, 10:20 AM

and subsequently a law, what is it's purpose?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Initial purpose was get in the news about the environment.

Jul 30, 2019, 11:19 AM

Purpose is now is fodder for the "news" media to talk about because it gets people riled up.

Because it was stupid

Jul 30, 2019, 11:20 AM

Pointless drivel

Well, yes.***

Jul 30, 2019, 11:21 AM

Yep, just like this thread.***

Jul 30, 2019, 11:54 AM [ in reply to Because it was stupid ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2019, 10:17 AM

we are looking at 50 trillion just to replace every gas vehicle with an electric. I mean 2030 is obviously overly ambitious, may 2050 is a more reasonable goal.

But there is a lot of promise in carbon neutral, synthetic fossil fuels.

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2018/06/carbon-engineering-liquid-fuel-carbon-capture-neutral-science/

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol....let's see...some wonderful chemicals used in electric

Jul 30, 2019, 10:50 AM

car batteries. Lead acid is wonderful. Working out some occupational disease claims still for those. I'm sure the billions of tons of additional chemicals in a variety of electric car batteries will ensure I have work for many years. Oh, and then you have to generate electricity to charge them. Well, we can't build a ###. Can't build a nuclear plant. We can't burn coal. What we can do is install windmills and clearcut forest for solar panel fields. Guess there's that to save the environment. Maybe we can convert the millions of additional forest lands cleared for ethanol production and change them over to solar panels? Future looks bright.

Oddly, there are no studies being done on the exposure to the new breed of chemicals in batteries used for electric cars.

Oh, and there's this:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2017/02/08/tesla-explosion-fire-were-factors-crash-deaths/97641474/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OMG you are so...

Jul 30, 2019, 10:55 AM

right, we should instead find a way to make cars run on coal.

Coal gasification was done decades ago***

Jul 30, 2019, 11:21 AM

it was a joke dude

Jul 30, 2019, 12:30 PM

read the above article i linked if you get a chance, this technology shows a lot of promise.

3.22 trillion miles. That's what Americans drive each year.

Jul 30, 2019, 3:23 PM

Considering the average electric car uses 10 kWh per 100km driven....

How do you propose adding the additional 518,530,636,800 kWh to our electric capacity in the US for all the cars, trucks, and SUV's? Would have to add 20% roughly to our current electric generating capacity. You can pick your poison from coal to hydroelectric to nuclear to wind to solar.

Perhaps cold fusion? ###### that law of thermodynamics.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 3.22 trillion miles. That's what Americans drive each year.

Jul 30, 2019, 9:53 PM

I was more referring to carbon capture and generating synthetic fuel from it. releasing the carbon to be recaptured. and rinse and repeat. This is promising.

So does Fuel Cells..

Jul 30, 2019, 10:19 PM [ in reply to it was a joke dude ]

https://www.hydrogenics.com/technology-resources/hydrogen-technology/fuel-cells/

If you believe in it, invest in this company. H.E.A.V.I.L.Y:

https://www.plugpower.com/about-us/fuel-cell-benefits/

-Tesla, PhD

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

In 1908, he lobbied against gas engines in favor of steam

Jul 30, 2019, 2:11 PM [ in reply to OMG you are so... ]

'gas explodes ya know'

Re: Lol....let's see...some wonderful chemicals used in electric

Jul 30, 2019, 12:14 PM [ in reply to Lol....let's see...some wonderful chemicals used in electric ]

And of course, a gas car has never caught on fire ever, not once!

Just because something isn't a prefect replacement doesn't mean it can't be better.

I love how this was front page Fox News this morning haha.

Jul 30, 2019, 2:42 PM

The GND was never a real solution, it came with zero plan, and was shot down by AOC’s own party. Yet Fox tries to keep the discussion around it alive through articles like this just so that it can slam Dems. GND was a joke and is dead, move along to something else.

I'm no AOC fan - but I do think the GND was a conversation

Jul 30, 2019, 4:20 PM

starter - and nothing else. It worked perfectly and likely got a few more folks wondering/talking about climate change...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GND??

Jul 30, 2019, 10:23 PM

Is that common with Digital Ground (DGND), Analog Ground (AGND) or Chassis GND?

If AGND, is that High Current GND or Quiet GND?

Asking for an EMI Friend...

-Doc Tesla

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Jul 30, 2019, 11:58 PM

Do you ever ask yourself "why does Fox put this stuff out there?" You might learn if you did. For example. The "Study" was done by the Competitive Enterprise Institute and

CEI: "It postures as an advocate of "sound science" in the development of public policy. However, CEI projects dispute the overwhelming scientific evidence that human induced greenhouse gas emissions are driving climate change. They have a program for "challenging government regulations", push property rights as a solution to environment problems, opposed US vehicle fuel efficiency standards, and spin for the drug industry.

Many of its claims have been debunked."

Yeah, you have a real winner there. They have strong ties to the Coal Industry.

https://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/Competitive_Enterprise_Institute

And "Power the Future" is one guy, a former Koch Brother flunky...and it's pretty much funded by the Koch Bros.

And you sling around terms like "Leftist"? Do you just not understand what a real leftist is?

At a minimum, educate yourself rather than falling for the propaganda that billionaires put out there to make more billions.

And don't forget, Trump said climate change was a hoax created by the Chinese. Don't forget that...the Chinese.

"Power the Future was launched in February 2018 by Daniel Turner, a former Republican communications staffer and alumni of the Charles Koch Institute. Turner also worked for Generation Opportunity, a non-profit 501(c)(4) organization that is funded by Freedom Partners, a multimillion dollar Koch-tied funding vehicle. [2]"

https://www.desmogblog.com/power-future

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic