Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
the search feature worked when bush was president.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 472

the search feature worked when bush was president.

Oct 24, 2012, 11:22 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FAT TAX NOW!

so did most people***

Oct 24, 2012, 11:24 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nice***

Oct 24, 2012, 11:25 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lutz***

Oct 24, 2012, 11:26 AM [ in reply to so did most people*** ]

b00m***

Oct 24, 2012, 11:27 AM [ in reply to so did most people*** ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

And boom goes the dynamite...***

Oct 24, 2012, 11:33 AM [ in reply to so did most people*** ]

BOOMSHAKALAKA***

Oct 24, 2012, 11:36 AM [ in reply to so did most people*** ]

Bush 43 (R) start: 4.2% end: 7.7% difference: +3.5 points

Oct 24, 2012, 11:47 AM [ in reply to so did most people*** ]

D@mn, even Jimmy Carter finished where he started at 7.5%.

2024 free_orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

but don't let the facts get in the way***

Oct 24, 2012, 11:49 AM

2024 free_orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good point.

Oct 24, 2012, 11:53 AM [ in reply to Bush 43 (R) start: 4.2% end: 7.7% difference: +3.5 points ]

Meanwhile, the unemployment rate hit 10% less than a year after Barry took office, and the trend since then has been downward.

Comparable to the unemployment rate in Reagan's first term. Reagan had it up above 10% in 1982 (yes, higher than Carter had it) before it started trending down.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

check out the participation rate if you really wanna

Oct 24, 2012, 11:54 AM

compare Reagan and Obama's unemployment figures.

Don't let the facts in the way, Obed***

Oct 24, 2012, 11:56 AM

Why, what are they?

Oct 24, 2012, 12:00 PM [ in reply to check out the participation rate if you really wanna ]

I won't let the facts get in the way, but that's not difficult since you haven't provided any.

- Jonathan Swift

Re: Why, what are they?

Oct 24, 2012, 12:05 PM

Keep the participation rate static, Obama's unemployment is over 10% right now.

Re: Why, what are they?

Oct 24, 2012, 12:27 PM

Thanks. Not sure how that affects the unemployment rate, but I guess I'll look into it.

- Jonathan Swift

I know statistics can be spun any way you want, but the

Oct 24, 2012, 2:00 PM

correlation between these two stats IMHO is just some basic math.

Let's say a community of 2000 people has a college with 1000 students, and 100 of them are failing classes. That school had a 10% failure rate, and the community has a 50% college participation rate. That school's failure rate doesn't sound so great.

Let's say 50 of those kids say screw it, I'm dropping out and therefore no longer count towards that school'ss failure rate (work with me, it's a spontaneous analogy). That school only has a 5% failure rate now, even though the community as a whole has a lower college participation rate, which is ultimately undesirable. The school can technically still brag about their failure rate dropping.

Re: I know statistics can be spun any way you want, but the

Oct 24, 2012, 2:41 PM

OK, so what's a good participation rate? I know with unemployment we're shooting for 5% or something. With people living longer, I suppose we should expect the participation rate to drop over time, but what's a good rate for now?

- Jonathan Swift

I don't know about that, but I know what I'd like to see....

Oct 24, 2012, 2:46 PM

I think unemployment rate would be a LOT more useful stat if they just based it on the non-working percentage of all non-disabled adults from 18-65 (or whatever, the parameters aren't quite as important).

Taking out people who are considered to be not actively looking for work just adds another variable that can be manipulated through interpretation (and it has been manipulated/adjusted, and not just by this administration).

That makes sense.***

Oct 24, 2012, 3:57 PM

- Jonathan Swift

Re: check out the participation rate if you really wanna

Oct 24, 2012, 4:30 PM [ in reply to check out the participation rate if you really wanna ]

maybe if you greedy aholes would lower your standard of living some more and be willing to work for 7 dollars a day like everyone else in the world, more jobs would come home and wealthy people could continue their accent on this graph.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ascent, Beavis, ascent, and I suspect you're a left side

Oct 24, 2012, 4:48 PM

outlier on that bell curve.

But it took him a while to #### it up.

Oct 24, 2012, 11:57 AM [ in reply to Bush 43 (R) start: 4.2% end: 7.7% difference: +3.5 points ]

So there's that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't let the facts get in the way, Obed***

Oct 24, 2012, 12:01 PM

I guess average wouldn't be a useful measure over....

Oct 24, 2012, 2:01 PM [ in reply to Bush 43 (R) start: 4.2% end: 7.7% difference: +3.5 points ]

8 years?

LOL

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well played***

Oct 24, 2012, 1:49 PM [ in reply to so did most people*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 472
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic