Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
No Worries. No Sweat
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,040

No Worries. No Sweat

Jan 28, 2021, 5:38 PM

Several years ago I decided I would not watch the Tiger Basketball team on TV or listen to it on the radio. I would get so worked up my blood pressure would rise. I finally came to the conclusion that it wasn't worth it. I would fuss and fume but there was nothing I could do about it. I wanted the Tigers to win but after about 50 years I decided to give up my season tickets in hopes it would preserve my sanity, what little I had left.

Well, when I got up this morning about 0915, I saw that the Tigers had actually won. Apparently it was an ugly win but I much prefer an ugly win over a pretty loss. And the best part, I had no worries and no sweat and my blood pressure this AM was excellent.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No Worries. No Sweat

Jan 28, 2021, 5:44 PM

Watching Clemson basketball is painful at times. I monitor the game as it is being played and will watch it as my blood pressure will stand.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm with you, Joe. This aside from the fact that for awhile

Jan 28, 2021, 5:45 PM

I thought I was a jinx, since every time I watched on the tube we sucked and lost. But the, I stopped watching, and we still played just as wretched, it seems. Much better for me, and my TV if I just see the results after the fact.

Basketball viewing on TV vs being there in a big crowd is probably the most different of any sport, anyway. All that energy contained in a much smaller space, I guess.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2021, 6:13 PM

Well, I am with all of you. I sometimes monitor and will watch the last few minutes in a win.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2021, 6:39 PM

I follow the Tigers completely from beginning to end regardless of the sport. I was truly blessed in 1961 when I became a Clemson Tiger and NO WAY will I ever let them down because the don’t win enough. Go Clemson. Number one in my heart .

Jan 28, 2021, 7:18 PM

Tiger fan since birth (1943) but I can not watch BB. Get too upset. Like a lot fans I wait until the next day and check the score. Happy if we win but realistically I expect a loss. Go tigers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2021, 7:33 PM

Good call sir. Pretty much sums up why I stopped watching Clemson Basketball shortly after Brownell was hired. Coupled with one and done NBA rules, college basketball for me is only watchable for the March Madness pools when I have no skin in the game.

Jan 28, 2021, 8:09 PM

Joe , you sound like I used to be . Too worked up when my son was playing . I finally realized ,try as I may , I couldn't will him to win . After that realization I found I could watch and enjoy .

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2021, 8:34 PM

You’ve basically described life BEFORE social media Joe! Haha!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Jan 28, 2021, 8:39 PM

I made this move about 6 years ago and wish I had done it 20 years ago. I love em and hope they win all games, I just couldn’t take it anymore. In the 80s I followed Clemson and ACC basketball religiously. Now, meh.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Similar situation with Aunt

Jan 28, 2021, 8:55 PM

My Aunt, who is now 84, loves Clemson basketball.

Several years ago she was in the hospital (I don't recall for what, but nothing extremely serious. It was February. Clemson was on TV playing I think UVa. Close game.

She was watching, and her blood pressure and heart rate started going up, alarms... and nurses ran down to see what was going on. It was just a close game. Doctor told her maybe she shouldn't be watching.

So most of the times now she records and watches after she already knows the score.

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,040
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic