Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SI says Clemson steals signals. This sounds like bitterness
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

SI says Clemson steals signals. This sounds like bitterness

Aug 10, 2016, 11:20 AM

to me.
http://www.si.com/college-football/2016/08/09/clemson-tigers-preseason-rankings-team-preview

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SI says Clemson steals signals. This sounds like bitterness

Aug 10, 2016, 11:21 AM

maybe teams should get better signals.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

LOL! I remember when our ball boys were using their cell

Aug 10, 2016, 11:26 AM

phones to relay the calls over to us from the Coot side of the field. According to Coots in the know anyway.

"Coots in the know" = Oxymoran lol***

Aug 10, 2016, 12:16 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: "Coots in the know" = Oxymoran lol***

Aug 10, 2016, 10:58 PM

Not the spelling police but it's moron not Moran. Go Tigers :)

Aug 10, 2016, 11:50 AM [ in reply to Re: SI says Clemson steals signals. This sounds like bitterness ]

GUESSING HE MISSED THAT ONSIDE KICK SIGNAL. LOL

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like they're quoting an opposing coach.***

Aug 10, 2016, 11:23 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

If we have the staff that is able to figure out opp signals

Aug 10, 2016, 11:29 AM

and steal them, then GREAT!!! Glad to hear it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Aug 10, 2016, 11:31 AM

yeah not like we have good players or anything. (sarcasm)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like Jimbo

Aug 10, 2016, 11:32 AM

sounds a lot like something Jimbo would say. Those quotes I believe are quotes from anonymous coaches in the ACC (though I could be wrong). Jimbo has insinuated that teams steal signals before and I believe he said it about Auburn in the National Title game a few years back. He is just salty bc our defense has stepped up against his offense the last few seasons.

Sounds more like Dave Doeren,he's been whining about

Aug 10, 2016, 11:35 AM

everything lately ,including how unfair it was for NCS to be in the ACC Atlantic.

Re: Sounds more like Dave Doeren,he's been whining about

Aug 10, 2016, 11:41 AM

I heard from a decent source that he was negative recruiting the heck out of us to Big Dex and Overton. So, I wouldn't be surprised if it was him, and if he was also the one that said "Dabo is full of it"

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

BV is signalling as soon as the whistle blows

Aug 10, 2016, 11:43 AM

We may be so good that they think we are stealing, but that's called preparation and planning.

Re: BV is signalling as soon as the whistle blows

Aug 10, 2016, 11:46 AM

It's a definitely testament to our preparation and film studying. Everyone has tendencies and we capitalize on them.

^^^This!***

Aug 10, 2016, 11:46 AM [ in reply to BV is signalling as soon as the whistle blows ]

That's true & since he lost them ,he's been whining about

Aug 10, 2016, 12:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Sounds more like Dave Doeren,he's been whining about ]

everything. Seems like he knows this is his make or break year. He's legal, but he's one of the most negative recruiters out there. Guess his program is not good enough to speak for itself.

Watch last year's NCS game. They did a whole segment of them recruiting their state, showing all the plaques on the stadium wall of all the NC high schools that they had visited. Well , when there were 2 recruits that Clemson wanted,those plaques didn't help one bit.

He's a coach on his way out and grasping at straws.

https://accsports.com/acc-news/headline-news/doeren-acc-divisions-dont-think-even/

Maybe he should get better at signaling.***

Aug 10, 2016, 11:41 AM [ in reply to Sounds like Jimbo ]

GO TIGERS!!

Very likely is dumbo he keeps gettin

Aug 10, 2016, 12:29 PM [ in reply to Sounds like Jimbo ]

All kinds of stuff taken from him - his ##### wife taken by a big ol Florida gator bull

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 10, 2016, 11:44 AM

If we were stealing signals you would think our 4th quarter D would be one of the best.

Re: SI says Clemson steals signals. If the signals

Aug 10, 2016, 11:49 AM

are there to see, I wouldn't call it stealing. I'd call it dumb on the opponents part.

Yep, it's a part of the game***

Aug 10, 2016, 12:19 PM

We didn't steal them very good vs Alabama***

Aug 10, 2016, 11:47 AM

Dood, "we" hadn't had a week off since before the monsoon

Aug 10, 2016, 12:34 PM

to end all monsoons.

People get tired and when people get tired things are missed and when things are missed, bad things happen. It's life, man; it happens. I mean so what if NCST dropped 41 on Clemson or Cuse dropped 27 or the Gamecocks dropped 32 after Citadel held them 22, it happens. And UNC was the hottest team in the nation when Clemson won, the 37 they scored was 8 too few. Ball game!

Listen, being a funny guy might be cool in some circles also known as the Lunge, but not here. So maybe and I'm just spit-ballin' here, but maybe it's best you realize you made a mistake and wrong turn, then make an about face 'cause this ain't that place, guy.

Some can only hope this is the last we hear of it, but I'm not one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So we DID do a good job of stealing signs vs Bama?

Aug 10, 2016, 2:18 PM

My point here good fellow is that if we WERE stealing signs it wouldn't have mattered what our condition was we would have held Bammer to fewer points.

I mean, all that no time off didn't seem to affect our offense did it?

Here's the deal. The mange is the classroom. We are all in it. The jounge is the back of the class where the cool kids sit and make fun of the mangers. Doesn't mean we ain't in class though son.

Dood, I got your point, but you're obviously tired

Aug 10, 2016, 2:43 PM

and missed mine or maybe you don't herd so good all the way in the back of the bus or classroom in your scenario.

That's what goes down when people are tired, they lose that edge and things get missed, sirius things.

And get it right, Mangers ride in the front or they don't ride at all - back of the bus lunger boi.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Personally, i would change them. But i'm not a CFB coach,

Aug 10, 2016, 12:18 PM

just an idiot i suppose

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Aug 10, 2016, 12:27 PM

Yeah, it is. It wasn't SI saying that but an anonymous opposing coach. I don't think we need to steal signals.

Something must be wrong with SI this year. They only have 3 SEC teams in the top 15. Usually they have the whole SEC West in the top 10.

Aug 10, 2016, 12:34 PM

Doesn't sound like bitterness, sounds accurate. We're doing what every team in the nation does.

I gotta say I would be kind of disappointed if our coaches

Aug 10, 2016, 12:47 PM

didn't at least try to figure out what the other team is doing. I mean it is kinda part of their job to win games.

If it's known that Clemson steals sideline signals...

Aug 10, 2016, 12:48 PM

and the opposing coaching staff doesn't know how to use that to their advantage...I'm not sure they should be coaching...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Terrifying!

Aug 10, 2016, 2:33 PM

I love that line :
Clemson " Offense is Terrifying" and sounds like we can read their minds too, all the better!

Doubt it, but even if true there's no rule against it

Aug 10, 2016, 2:54 PM

What like it's our fault your signs are ridiculous? We're supposed spend hours & hours studying film to find the tiniest detail that would show the other teams vulnerability but pay no attention to signs? I guess our victory at midway was cheating, we should vacate that win.

No one has mentioned the assertion that our o line

Aug 10, 2016, 9:43 PM

Does not knock anyone off the ball.... I suppose we can discuss the finer points of knocking opponents off the ball and how that might be defined, but we have one of the best lines in college football.

I can't say I know whether Leggett blocks well or not, but whoever was being quoted sure seems to have a poor view of the Tigers. At the same time, the coach making those statements is almost certain to have lost to us last year. There is a credibility gap both with the quoted coach and the writer who at once asserts we have a great team and at the same time would ask his readers to believe the team must just be lucky because our defense needs retooling and our offense cannot run the ball.

every team steals signals***

Aug 11, 2016, 9:48 AM

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic