Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SHUT THE #### UP!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,151

SHUT THE #### UP!

Jan 21, 2016, 11:36 PM

Seriously. Our staff just took us to a national title game. If Dabo says a recruit is Clemson worthy, that is all that matters. Why don't you wait and see these kids play before you critisize them. What Dabo and this staff think about a kid is what matters. They have a pretty #### good track record. No one gives a flying #### if some of you don't like it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We were so fortunate our linebackers dos not get hurt

Jan 21, 2016, 11:41 PM

Our linebacker position is scary thin. Imagine if the Davis twins were filled by 3-4 star linebackers? We would be in such a better situation.

Our DB situation is going to be scary thin if we don't land a couple of studs.

I care as much as you do.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: We were so fortunate our linebackers dos not get hurt

Jan 21, 2016, 11:50 PM

We are loaded at corner. LOADED. Tank, Baker, Edmond, Carter, Fields, Chalmers, Trapp. We've brought in two safeties this week. This kid and the ETSU transfer. We still have Jadar and Van Smith backed up by Muse and Johnson and we can start Wiggins there if we need to and give O'Daniel more snaps at Sam. We will be fine. LB will be fine. We have tons of good young players at LB. We lost a lot of talent, but the coaches will replace them. Leave it to them. They're pretty #### good.

Thin at safety but not really at CB

Jan 21, 2016, 11:58 PM [ in reply to We were so fortunate our linebackers dos not get hurt ]

and both Carter and Wiggins could get a look at S. We will sign a couple of DB's as well. I'd say we have addressed LB depth as well with this class. If you count Wiggins as a LB we'll have 8 on scholarship not counting the Davis twins. Since we rarely play a true SAM, how many do we need.

I'm not uncomfortable at all with
CB-Tank, Edmund, Chalmers,
CB-Baker, Fields, Johnson
add in new recruits
S- is thin with Smith, Johnson and Muse
WILL-Boulware, S. Smith, C. Smith, Williams
MIKE-Joseph, Lamar, Skalski
SAM-O'Daniel
And we always cross train at LB

Jalen Williams raised hell when he was in and Kendall Joseph

Jan 22, 2016, 12:43 AM [ in reply to We were so fortunate our linebackers dos not get hurt ]

was solid. Throw Chad Smith and the three rookies in there, and we have a fleet of young headhunters at LB. 10 is more than capable at Mike, which to me is the biggest depth issue.

Hopefully Shaq is as good as advertised and can back up 10. With the speed, depth and flexibility of the DL, especially a longer, faster DNA in our DE's, we will have more flexibility to vary our blitz packages across downs than we did last year. We will be a nightmare to game plan for.

The corners will be sound, but safety in my opinion is our biggest concern. I hate that Gibson left. He played with malice and could lay down the smack, but apparently he wasn't getting it. We might see #6 move to SS, and if not, we'll have a freshman starting there (Muse?), either of which is a concern. I like 18 and 23 at FS... concerns me that 18 didn't get more snaps this year, but he's been around long enough that he should know the deal.

In the final analysis, I think we have fewer questions on defense this year than last overall, but the questions are in the backfield.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Next man up if it were to happen.

Jan 22, 2016, 1:47 AM [ in reply to We were so fortunate our linebackers dos not get hurt ]

At every position throughout this season the next man (kid) up stepped up when called on. If it happened at LB I can't help but feel the same, true to form.

Dabo has a unique ability to team build - creating a whole greater than the sum of its parts. The top 5 graduation rate year after year doesn't just mean that we're helping kids get degrees, it means that our program is getting maximum mileage out of each roster spot over time. Leadership, character, ability.

I trust the process at hand.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We were so fortunate our linebackers dos not get hurt

Jan 22, 2016, 7:22 AM [ in reply to We were so fortunate our linebackers dos not get hurt ]

The simple fact is, Dabo offered a scholly to player X Y Z, they accepted and every Bill, Tom and Harry fan seems to think they have a say in it. LOL Funny at the very least.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SHUT THE #### UP!

Jan 22, 2016, 1:14 AM

Well this about the 10 post today saying the same thing.

Message removed by Author

Jan 22, 2016, 6:57 AM

Message removed by Author

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Well, #### you don't read it.***

Jan 22, 2016, 7:00 AM

LOL??

Whoops sorry thought that was directed at me. Post order

Jan 22, 2016, 7:01 AM [ in reply to Re: SHUT THE #### UP! ]

problems on smartphone

null

Jan 22, 2016, 7:28 AM [ in reply to Re: SHUT THE #### UP! ]

Amen. I get just as tired of the repeated posts ragging people that complain as the posts by the people that complain.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2016, 7:32 AM

So are we allowed to post our analysis or not? If not what is this board for?

Jan 22, 2016, 7:39 AM

NO, it's just that there are already 10 threads saying this already, and there will be a new one saying the same thing in another hour. If it's already been said 10 times, do we need an 11th thread saying the same thing? Let it die. The kid will get his chance to prove the naysayers wrong.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2016, 8:00 AM

This is the biggest problem with T net and why I don't read the board or post very often (and NEVER come here for several days after a loss in any sport) What's sad is it will never change. I suggest finding another board.

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,151
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic