Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Urban Meyer disagrees with Swinney's comments on OSU's playoff resume
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

TNET: Urban Meyer disagrees with Swinney's comments on OSU's playoff resume

Dec 14, 2020, 11:31 AM

Urban Meyer disagrees with Swinney's comments on OSU's playoff resume

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney told Rich Eisen last week that he believes that the college playoff committee should have a standard which choosing the most des Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Urban Meyer is still on OSU's payroll

Dec 14, 2020, 11:34 AM

So no surprise

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Urban Meyer is still on OSU's payroll

Dec 14, 2020, 3:06 PM

What else would he say ????? nothing to see here***

Ok***

Dec 14, 2020, 11:34 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Deer Urban...

Dec 14, 2020, 11:35 AM

I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

Stop trying to justify OcryO State receiving preferential treatment.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

LET'S GO WILDCATS!!! CLAP, CLAP.......CLAP, CLAP, CLAP***

Dec 14, 2020, 11:43 AM

"LOOK TEST" = 12 OR 16 TEAM PLAYOFF

Dec 14, 2020, 11:45 AM

FAIL !!!!

null

Re: TNET: Urban Meyer disagrees with Swinney's comments on OSU's playoff resume

Dec 14, 2020, 11:55 AM

So Urban, what would be the minimal number of games to qualify for the CFP? Since the Big 10 initially shut down, but was still practicing I believe ?, would it be ok for this team, loaded with talent, to have been one of the 4 teams selected even if they played no games? One? two?, ..., five? Six for sure apparently. The Big 10 changed everything again to allow the Bucknuts in the Big 10 championship. If they lose somehow to NW, they still have a ton of NFL calibre players and should be in the playoffs Urban? No Urban, the games are played for a reason. OSU should not qualify. Decisions should have ramifications.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2020, 4:30 PM

rons1® said:

So Urban, what would be the minimal number of games to qualify for the CFP? Since the Big 10 initially shut down, but was still practicing I believe ?, would it be ok for this team, loaded with talent, to have been one of the 4 teams selected even if they played no games? One? two?, ..., five? Six for sure apparently. The Big 10 changed everything again to allow the Bucknuts in the Big 10 championship. If they lose somehow to NW, they still have a ton of NFL calibre players and should be in the playoffs Urban? No Urban, the games are played for a reason. OSU should not qualify. Decisions should have ramifications.

Based on that logic, since we were #1 at the time and 7-0, we should have stopped playing games and had a free ride into the CFP. As of the present, if for some reason, this week’s game with ND got canceled, does that mean both ND and Clemson are in, right?
Urban Meyer = Reward teams for NOT playing just because they looked good against a horrible schedule....

Dabo and Urban needs a throw down: Thunder Dome Rules

Dec 14, 2020, 11:55 AM

Settle this the right way!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Dec 14, 2020, 12:02 PM

Urban you were supposed to surrender your Nut Necklace when you stepped away from the Coaching Gig! You are still wearing it. If you wanna coach em, go to Texas and leave little ole Ryan Ghey alone. It's his group of NutNecklace wearers to Coach now!

ohio state is in questin which means

Dec 14, 2020, 12:02 PM

its about eye test..they always change the criteria for who they are talking about..if this was tcu the criteria would be resume.

Re: ohio state is in questin which means

Dec 14, 2020, 12:41 PM

its about eye test..they always change the criteria for who they are talking about..if this was tcu the criteria would be resume.

To me this comment sums up the whole thing: "If this was TCU having only played 1 team with a pulse(winning record) then the talking heads would say their resume stinks"!

Southern Cal is also undefeated and in most years are a media darling! They are also undefeated and will end with more wins I believe over teams with winning records!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

who is Urban Meyer?

Dec 14, 2020, 12:03 PM

some hack Fox sports analyst?!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Hahhahahhaha The Opinion's of The LEAST Qualified Guy

Dec 14, 2020, 12:03 PM

Urban Loser

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hahhahahhaha The Opinion's of The LEAST Qualified Guy

Dec 14, 2020, 5:03 PM

I don’t agree with him, but a three time national championship college coach would seem to be a little more qualified than an anonymous internet message boarder.

Dec 14, 2020, 12:14 PM

He used the "Eye test" argument in 2016 to get in, so his argument is invalid.

Dabo is Urban's daddy anyways

Dec 14, 2020, 12:23 PM

Dabo's got 31 reasons and Urbans got none.

I had an eye test the other day and they said I needed

Dec 14, 2020, 12:30 PM

glasses!

Dec 14, 2020, 12:54 PM

Leinhert says they aren’t as good as last year. We kicked their azzes last year. Let them in and we’ll kick them again. There are worse things than moving to 5-0 lifetime against the cryineyes.

Urban Meyer is right

Dec 14, 2020, 12:58 PM

If one of the best marathon runners took a car to the halfway point. Why should that disqualify them from winning?

We didn't "kick their azzes last year."

Dec 14, 2020, 1:03 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Urban Meyer disagrees with Swinney's comments on OSU's playoff resume ]

We had to score a go-ahead TD with under two minutes left to beat them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: We didn't "kick their azzes last year."

Dec 14, 2020, 3:09 PM

Point is we are 4-0 vs them and I wouldn’t mind going to 5-0.

Re: We didn't "kick their azzes last year."

Dec 15, 2020, 3:35 PM [ in reply to We didn't "kick their azzes last year." ]

But the game ended with them losing, case closed!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So basically, he doesn't think results on the field matter

Dec 14, 2020, 1:02 PM

much, if at all. Instead, we should just go by how good a team looks against inferior competition, and how many potential future NFL players a team has on its roster.

What a tool.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Dec 14, 2020, 1:47 PM

Urban...thank you for your comment and best wishes for your continued success????

Shocker***

Dec 14, 2020, 1:57 PM

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Don’t you have to have a resume first

Dec 14, 2020, 2:03 PM

Dec 14, 2020, 2:11 PM

I think both resume and eye-test work against OSU.

1) Resume - only 5 games played. One ranked-team win - not convincingly and QB played horrible. Defense has looked questionable at best. Which also bleeds into eye test.

2) Eye Test is what had LSU at number 6 pre-season. Its human nature - who looks good getting off the bus? OSU - some, yeah. But so do Auburn (coach fired), UGA (took entire season to finally get decent), and even FSU (roster full of 4- and 5-stars whose performance on the field doesn't match their recruiting ranking). Eye Test tells the Gators should have never been in a position to let a shoe-throwing penalty cost them the game. But they were.

Performance on the field matters. I mention this every time I comment on FB or Twitter or Tnet about this topic. We are just a couple years removed from a "13th data point" making the difference who is in, who is out. How can HALF the data points matter so little now???

Dec 14, 2020, 3:13 PM

Indiana D rattled the OSU QB. Imagine what coach V’s defense would do to him....

Dec 14, 2020, 5:44 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Urban Meyer disagrees with Swinney's comments on OSU's playoff resume ]

jscott224 said:

I think both resume and eye-test work against OSU.

1) Resume - only 5 games played. One ranked-team win - not convincingly and QB played horrible. Defense has looked questionable at best. Which also bleeds into eye test.

2) Eye Test is what had LSU at number 6 pre-season. Its human nature - who looks good getting off the bus? OSU - some, yeah. But so do Auburn (coach fired), UGA (took entire season to finally get decent), and even FSU (roster full of 4- and 5-stars whose performance on the field doesn't match their recruiting ranking). Eye Test tells the Gators should have never been in a position to let a shoe-throwing penalty cost them the game. But they were.

Performance on the field matters. I mention this every time I comment on FB or Twitter or Tnet about this topic. We are just a couple years removed from a "13th data point" making the difference who is in, who is out. How can HALF the data points matter so little now???

Well said...

Deer Urban,

Dec 14, 2020, 2:19 PM

I don't agree with the positioning of your mirror while you are enjoying a shirtless man parading in front of you during a Zoom call.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

If "eye test" is true, then Tigers should get in if losing

Dec 14, 2020, 2:53 PM

(God forbid) closely to ND the second time.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If "eye test" is true, then Tigers should get in if losing

Dec 15, 2020, 3:43 PM

If we lose to ND Saturday, the orange bowl would be our best choice for finishing out the season. But a Close loss for ND, and they are in playoffs.

I hope we beat ND Saturday, and if they are in the playoffs, I hope that we are their opponent, and if we are, 2-1 sounds better than 1-1. I like it more when there isn't any doubt. I'm spoiled to winning, and it's a great feeling to have year in, and year out!!!

Go Tigers!!!

Dec 14, 2020, 2:56 PM

What "eye test" did they pass though? I might agree with him that total games don't matter if all 6 games where against all heavy hitters, but they weren't. Their regular season opponents had a combined record of 16-21, and without Indiana a combined record of 10-20. The top two opponents for them are Indiana and Northwestern. So again, what "eye test" did they pass?

Dec 14, 2020, 5:22 PM

What "eye test" did they pass though? I might agree with him that total games don't matter if all 6 games where against all heavy hitters, but they weren't. Their regular season opponents had a combined record of 16-21, and without Indiana a combined record of 10-20. The top two opponents for them are Indiana and Northwestern. So again, what "eye test" did they pass?

Precisely!

No kidding about this but; I think many other teams would be undefeated versus their schedule. Usually, there are one or two games where you couldn't say that! But, there schedule, including Indiana who also has not exactly had to beat the top of that conference isn't very strong!
Somebody at work told me that was "rich coming a team in the ACC". I told this buck nut fan, "it's what they have said the eye test consist of"! In short, looking good versus good competition. But, they haven't faced good competition outside of **get this** Indiana!

Dec 14, 2020, 3:22 PM

Lest ye forget Urban ran the FU program that covered up players shootings, rapes drugs and even a player beating a coach. Oh, and he had an affair with a college coed which is the real reason he left.

Credibility is zero.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2020, 4:00 PM

I am shocked.

Dec 14, 2020, 5:12 PM

When quitters and liars speak, winners should refuse to listen. Maybe good advice for TNET whenever Urban has something to say.

31 - Zip it !!!***

Dec 14, 2020, 5:38 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2020, 3:31 PM

My response to what Urkel Meyer has to say about anything IS, who cares???

I couldn’t watch the clip cuz the “Bill Belichick at UCLA” headline in the corner...

Dec 15, 2020, 3:54 PM

Of their screen screamed fake news to the nth degree and we’re just gonna have nothing but ginormous hot takes that will #### you off from here to eternity, JKB.

No thanks.

~JKB

Urbane, suck another prune like the one you were eating in

Dec 15, 2020, 3:55 PM

that picture. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2020, 8:53 PM

Urban Meyer is full of you know what! Play a 10 game schedule at least, then we’ll talk!

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic