Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Show of hands: Who was gullible enough to fall for...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1,090

Show of hands: Who was gullible enough to fall for...

Jul 28, 2020, 2:50 PM

That America's Frontline Doctors video?

My favorite is the Nigerian-educated doctor who has a strip mall practice next to her church and claims that sexual medical issues are caused by dreams about bumping uglies with demons and witches.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: Show of hands: Who was gullible enough to fall for...

Jul 28, 2020, 2:54 PM

Never heard of it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

These hospitals losing money hand over fist sure seem

Jul 28, 2020, 2:55 PM

likely to bury the cure.

hospitals are actually making money hand over fist***

Jul 28, 2020, 4:31 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: hospitals are actually making money hand over fist***

Jul 28, 2020, 5:35 PM

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-coronavirus-is-devastating-us-hospitals-which-will-lose-200-billion-in-revenue-by-the-end-of-june-2020-06-11

Re: hospitals are actually making money hand over fist***

Jul 28, 2020, 6:38 PM

That whole thing is an op-Ed by the AHA. They are lobbying for more govt money.

Hospitals have become extremely more efficient throughout the pandemic. They have been able to furlough thousands and also get rid of many if not most non-revenue generating elective surgeries. The icu’s are more profitable with Covid pts.

If revenue generating procedures were down drastically, wouldn’t health insurance premiums come down? They are all talking about increases... there are only 2 options a) insurance companies are greedy OR b) insurance costs (ie payouts to hospitals) have not changed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

never heard of it, so no***

Jul 28, 2020, 2:56 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's the video deleted today off social media...

Jul 28, 2020, 3:00 PM

And Trump Jr. got suspended for it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Re: It's the video deleted today off social media...

Jul 28, 2020, 3:03 PM

I get it now. Yeah the Trump's believe all kinds of idiotic stuff. They, Don and Don jr, both think Alex Jones is real news, so there you go. Unfit for office.

Jul 28, 2020, 3:20 PM

or maybe they think their supporters are incredibly stupid and pander to their idiotic beliefs.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 28, 2020, 3:29 PM

Yeah I think it's a lot of both.

They’re not wrong.***

Jul 28, 2020, 7:28 PM [ in reply to Re: It's the video deleted today off social media... ]

You cared enough to comment that "free speech" is being

Jul 28, 2020, 3:05 PM [ in reply to never heard of it, so no*** ]

staunched, lol.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

ZUCKERBURG IS CENSORING THE TRUTH

Jul 28, 2020, 3:07 PM

WHAT IS HE SCARED OF?

Na I wasn't.

Why?

Because I understand (generally) how that stuff works.

HCQ had the exact same effectiveness as a placebo PLUS bad side effects. Net Negative

Rem has shown to be more effective than placebo PLUS less side effects. Net Positive.

It's not that hard.

But don't tell that to some on here.

I like your funny words magic man

You talking about this lady?

Jul 28, 2020, 3:31 PM

https://www.thedailybeast.com/stella-immanuel-trumps-new-covid-doctor-believes-in-alien-dna-demon-sperm-and-hydroxychloroquine

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You talking about this lady?

Jul 28, 2020, 7:21 PM

Sex with demons does make you sick.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In the sermon I watched

Jul 29, 2020, 12:20 AM [ in reply to You talking about this lady? ]

it was sex with the spirits of Nephilim that caused all those diseases. She says they died in the flood, but couldn’t go to either heaven or hell because they are half angel or half demon and are all still around. If you believe the bible literally, she has a point.

Jul 28, 2020, 4:32 PM

Internet lefties telling you what medicine will and will not work in the treatment of a virus?

You’re smarter than this***

Jul 28, 2020, 5:26 PM

I can’t imagine the sheer luxury of being

Jul 28, 2020, 6:16 PM

Able to lollers a doctor like this without instantaneous replies of “yeah, I can imagine that an educated African-born woman with an accent makes you uncomfortable.” I hope you treasure the ability to have your objections to someone taken at face value, because it’s not universally afforded.

With that said, I heard a little bit about it and she claims to have successfully treated 350 patients with this regimen with no deaths. Is that true or false? It matters more to me than what she thinks about sex.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I can’t imagine the sheer luxury of being

Jul 28, 2020, 7:01 PM

Able to lollers a doctor like this without instantaneous replies of “yeah, I can imagine that an educated African-born woman with an accent makes you uncomfortable.” I hope you treasure the ability to have your objections to someone taken at face value, because it’s not universally afforded.

That's an odd non sequitur to the subject. And I believe I pointed out the origin of her education, not her birth place.

With that said, I heard a little bit about it and she claims to have successfully treated 350 patients with this regimen with no deaths. Is that true or false? It matters more to me than what she thinks about sex.

If you go to a doctor and he tells you that, in his professional opinion, genital warts are caused by midnight frolics in the forest with fairies and leprechauns, then he wants to prescribe a new, unapproved combo of drugs to you to treat your heart condition, are you going to let him?

It actually wasn’t odd. It just popped into my head what

Jul 28, 2020, 7:19 PM

Someone would invariably reply with if the shoe was on the other foot. Sorry if I overshared my inner monologue.

I think you’re trying too hard to discredit her. Maybe she’s a total whack and maybe she’s legit—-frankly I don’t care and don’t think this is political. From a relevance standpoint though, I don’t care if it’s Fauci, this lady, or hotsawce....if you say (and can prove) you’ve successfully treated 350 Covid patients personally, I’m at least going to listen to what you have to say and lend it some credibility.

So, has she or hasn’t she?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good question.

Jul 28, 2020, 10:55 PM

I don't believe she (or any of them) has presented evidence, but I'd like to see it.

Isn’t she a pediatrician?***

Jul 28, 2020, 7:05 PM [ in reply to I can’t imagine the sheer luxury of being ]

That’s what showed when I googled her name

Jul 28, 2020, 7:24 PM

But it said Louisiana and not Houston, so dunno.

I mean going by the published stats 350-0 is about what

Jul 28, 2020, 7:25 PM

stats I’d expect with hotsawce treating Covid kids.

She practiced in louisiana for most of her licensed time

Jul 29, 2020, 7:55 AM [ in reply to That’s what showed when I googled her name ]

Moved to Houston in November to open new churches.

I'd like to see your proof that

Jul 28, 2020, 11:04 PM

having dream sex with witches and demons isn't bad for your health. Come on libbies, I'm waiting.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The thing about doctors is, they

Jul 29, 2020, 6:46 AM

are not robots. Different ones have different opinions. These opinions can be formed from the same facts.

It's funny how, on social media, if a doctor offers an opinion, then for many people that "proves" it as fact. This particular video, like all other similar ones, neither proves nor disproves anything. It's people on camera giving an opinion. Whoop-dy doo.

Who then do we trust? Primarily, I would trust my personal physician. If he/she says to take something, I will. If he says don't, I won't.

Secondarily, if it's an larger issue of policy, I would trust those who are in positions of authority on the matter. That would be the FDA, DHEC, CDC, whatever agency may be responsible. They have a stake in it that doctors making a Youtube video don't. To me, it's no different from trusting law enforcement to enforce law. It's their job.

Re: The thing about doctors is, they

Jul 29, 2020, 8:58 AM

Jul 29, 2020, 7:16 AM

Trump

Jul 29, 2020, 8:03 AM

HOW BOUT THIS GUY. FROM YALE, CERTAINLY NOT A BASTION OF CONSERVATIVE THOUGHTS. FACT IS IF THE DRUG HELPS AT ALL WHY NOT USE IT. WE ALL KNOW THE REASON FOR THAT. IT IS CHEAP AND DOES NOT MAKE BIG PHARMA ANY MONEY. AND DOES NOT HELP THE REAL AGENDA WHICH IS RUNNING TRUMP OFF AT ANY COST. NO MATTER HOW MANY LIVES IT TAKES.

Hydroxychloroquine Is 'the Key to Defeating COVID-19', Says Yale Epidemiologist
BY MATT MARGOLIS JUL 26, 2020 1:11 PM EST

AP Photo/John Locher
Harvey Risch, professor of epidemiology at Yale School of Public Health, says that hydroxychloroquine is “the key to defeating COVID-19” in a Newsweek op-ed published this past week.

“I am usually accustomed to advocating for positions within the mainstream of medicine, so have been flummoxed to find that, in the midst of a crisis, I am fighting for a treatment that the data fully support but which, for reasons having nothing to do with a correct understanding of the science, has been pushed to the sidelines,” Risch wrote. “As a result, tens of thousands of patients with COVID-19 are dying unnecessarily. Fortunately, the situation can be reversed easily and quickly.”

And it can be reversed by the same medication that has become unnecessarily politicized by the media and the Democratic Party over the past several months.

“When this inexpensive oral medication is given very early in the course of illness, before the virus has had time to multiply beyond control, it has shown to be highly effective,” Risch explained. “Especially when given in combination with the antibiotics azithromycin or doxycycline and the nutritional supplement zinc.”

Earlier this month, a large peer-reviewed study found that hydroxychloroquine cut the mortality rate of COVID-19 by more than half and, contrary to previous claims by faulty studies, had no adverse effects on the heart.

For months the media has ignored both scientific and anecdotal evidence of the drug’s efficacy in treating COVID-19.

The war on chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine began almost immediately after Trump touted it as a potential gamechanger in the fight against the disease. Trump was accused of “practicing medicine without a license” simply for pointing out that the drug showed promise in some small studies. The New York Times even alleged that Trump’s motivation for touting the drug was self-serving because he holds “a small personal financial interest” in Sanofi, even though the drug is out of patent (any pharmaceutical company can manufacture it) and he only owned $29 – $435 in stock as part of a mutual fund.

Because the media and the Democratic Party wanted to use the pandemic to thwart Trump’s reelection, any positive news had to be buried. Trump was accused of offering false hope and “selling snake oil” to the public. A Democratic state lawmaker in Ohio even said Trump should be tried for “crimes against humanity” for touting the drug.

The media gave lots of coverage to studies that associated hydroxychloroquine with a higher mortality rate. In April, the results of a U.S. Veterans Health Administration study on the benefits of hydroxychloroquine as a treatment for COVID-19 were released. The study analyzed the impact of hydroxychloroquine with and without the antibiotic azithromycin and compared that to COVID-19 patients receiving standard care. The VA study found there were “more deaths” among those given hydroxychloroquine than those who just received standard care. However, the VA study wasn’t a clinical trial, but a small, non-peer-reviewed study of patients who were not representative of the entire population, and those with more severe COVID-19 cases were disproportionally administered the drug.

The media was so focused on how they could use the pandemic to undermine Trump’s chances of reelection that they rushed to downplay any sign of hope, which may have prevented the drug from being used to save lives. Anti-hydroxychloroquine hysteria by the media made finding volunteers for studies difficult.

Meanwhile, evidence of the drug’s effectiveness was conveniently and repeatedly ignored. The media ignored a survey of doctors back in May that found an overwhelming majority of them “would prescribe hydroxychloroquine or another anti-malaria drug to a family member” suffering from the coronavirus.

The media ignored other success stories of coronavirus patients who recovered after being treated with the drug. For example, in April, a Democrat lawmaker in Detroit, Mich., credited the drug and President Trump with saving her life. State Rep. Karen Whitsett, who tested positive for COVID-19 in March, had been aware of “the wonders” of hydroxychloroquine after a previous Lyme disease affliction, but would never have thought to ask for a prescription for it to treat the coronavirus had Trump not been touting it as a possible treatment for COVID-19. Whitsett took the drug in combination with antibiotics and made a full recovery.

Other coronavirus patients have reported dramatic recoveries after taking the drug. CNN anchor Chris Cuomo, who has also been critical of Trump’s touting of hydroxychloroquine, was successfully treated for COVID-19 with a less safe version of the drug.

In May, multiple studies claimed that the antimalarial drug hydroxychloroquine was linked to higher rates of mortality with coronavirus patients. In response to this study, the World Health Organization and many national governments changed their policies and treatment guidelines, effectively halting trials of the drug, and shelving it as a coronavirus treatment. But it turned out that those studies were based on possibly bogus data from a small America-based company called Surgisphere.

Dr. Risch is very much aware of the reasons why hydroxychloroquine has been “disregarded.”

“First, as all know, the medication has become highly politicized. For many, it is viewed as a marker of political identity, on both sides of the political spectrum,” he noted. “Nobody needs me to remind them that this is not how medicine should proceed. We must judge this medication strictly on the science. When doctors graduate from medical school, they formally promise to make the health and life of the patient their first consideration, without biases of race, religion, nationality, social standing—or political affiliation. Lives must come first.”

“Second, the drug has not been used properly in many studies,” he said. “Hydroxychloroquine has shown major success when used early in high-risk people but, as one would expect for an antiviral, much less success when used late in the disease course.”

Risch continued, “Even so, it has demonstrated significant benefit in large hospital studies in Michigan and New York City when started within the first 24 to 48 hours after admission.”

Risch believes the scientific community will look back on the hydroxychloroquine controversy poorly. “In the future, I believe this misbegotten episode regarding hydroxychloroquine will be studied by sociologists of medicine as a classic example of how extra-scientific factors overrode clear-cut medical evidence.”

That’s a nice way of saying the Democrats and the media, by politicizing the drug, are responsible for countless unnecessary deaths.

President Trump had the answer to defeating COVID-19 months ago. The Democratic Party and the media didn’t want it to be true and did everything they could to scare the public about the drug, letting thousands of people die just to help Joe Biden win the election.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2020, 8:19 AM

deroberts will believe anything.

SMDH GOOBERS

Replies: 32
| visibility 1,090
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic