Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So here's what's stumping me about Hillary.......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

So here's what's stumping me about Hillary.......

Mar 9, 2016, 3:14 PM

Why is she dominating the black vote? I get it that the black community LOVED Bill. Hillary ain't Bill. If there were a dictionary listing for "white people that black people hate", Hillary would be the illustration. Elitist, wealthy, arrogant, snooty, ZERO life experiences to allow empathy for blacks, uptight, soulless.......the list goes on.

It's not just "because she's a Democrat". In reality, I think Sanders plans would probably also result in more $$$ being distributed to the black community than Hillary's would, but it doesn't matter.

So what gives? Is it just the Bill effect, or something else?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Obama.***

Mar 9, 2016, 3:15 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they support her BUT

Mar 9, 2016, 3:17 PM

probably 50% less blacks will be even voting this year probably. There is no energy or excitement around her at all.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have my theory...

Mar 9, 2016, 3:18 PM

I just don't think old white dudes resonate with them. Bernie would be better though. I agree.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So here's what's stumping me about Hillary.......

Mar 9, 2016, 3:21 PM

How in the world her and Bill have skirted the whole issue of 3 strikes is against me. If the supposed over incarceration of black men is an issue to you, you should hate the Clintons.

Good point. **

Mar 9, 2016, 3:25 PM

nm

Yea, the GOP fought the three strikes law tooth and nail.***

Mar 9, 2016, 5:17 PM [ in reply to Re: So here's what's stumping me about Hillary....... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yea, the GOP fought the three strikes law tooth and nail.***

Mar 10, 2016, 8:11 AM

Aye yes. . .the federal three strikes law, that presikings made. . .

(some states have habitual offender laws, but we don't have a federal one).

Blacks were prominent in starting the war against drugs

Mar 9, 2016, 5:34 PM [ in reply to Re: So here's what's stumping me about Hillary....... ]

Which is a great illustration of the dilemma of incarceration for the black community: on the one hand, it takes criminals away and disproportionately makes black communities safer. On the other hand, since crime is committed at a disproportionate rate by black offenders, it takes a lot of people who are depended on out of the community and makes it difficult for them to get good jobs.

Message was edited by: camcgee®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As an aside: I think it's hilarious democrats have

Mar 9, 2016, 3:28 PM

championed republicans as the party of old white people. Lo and behold here we are in 2016 with the democrats running two old white people while the republicans have had a pretty diverse field.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yet will be the first time either party has nominated

Mar 9, 2016, 5:13 PM

a woman.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As an aside: I think it's hilarious democrats have

Mar 9, 2016, 10:19 PM [ in reply to As an aside: I think it's hilarious democrats have ]

Haha "I can't be racist, I have friends that are black!"

Ironic until you consider the one dominating the GOP field

Mar 10, 2016, 8:13 AM [ in reply to As an aside: I think it's hilarious democrats have ]

is the oldest, richest, and most racist.

Bernie did ahhite among Blacks in Michigan.

Mar 9, 2016, 3:49 PM

It's Blacks in the South that Hillary seems to have the lock on. Multifactorial, I am guessing. Associations with Obama & Bill, campaign infrastructure, the endorsement of prominent Black community members in the South, etc.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bernie did ahhite among Blacks in Michigan.

Mar 9, 2016, 3:57 PM

there is that, and then there are the republican policies that demonize the poor, and a voting base that "wants their country back"

and i find it especially cute that xtiger and wtrski are all of a sudden experts on racial issues.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That doesn't explain why Hillary instead of Bernie***

Mar 9, 2016, 5:33 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yep, and that was my point.***

Mar 10, 2016, 9:51 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If "ahhite" means losing them by 30%, sure

Mar 9, 2016, 5:32 PM [ in reply to Bernie did ahhite among Blacks in Michigan. ]

I guess that's better than losing them by 60-70% in the south.

Right. The data is saw were 2:1 in Michigan vs. 8:1 in Miss.***

Mar 9, 2016, 9:22 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Blacks like most Democrats must know that Bernie means

Mar 9, 2016, 5:11 PM

certain defeat.

Polls are polls but Bernie dominates the pubs, not Billary.

Mar 9, 2016, 10:48 PM

The EXACT opposite is true. Billary loses against most Pubs. Truth always 'trumps' dishonesty... The Bern > Billary.

Message was edited by: SOLOS®

I think it's mostly about security

Mar 9, 2016, 5:30 PM

I don't mean physical security, but about the kind of peace of mind a lot of people would be looking for when they're part of a historically oppressed group of people. Democratic domestic policy has, for some time, been focused on directly providing economic security to "vulnerable" people. Over the last 30-40 years, and especially over the last 20 years, they've also targeted their policy at what they see as vulnerable identity groups.

Now, Bernie's policies would probably provide even more economic security (at least, directly, if not in terms of good paying jobs) than Hillary's would, as you said. But he's seen as something different and extreme, while Hillary is seen as the tried and true. When you feel vulnerable, you go with the tried and true because it seems safer. You have to be sure of somebody's solidarity with you if you think society is largely set up to disadvantage you. So maybe you go with Hillary over a Jew from New York who seems to be pretty extreme. He's too different, and therefore not as safe.

That might not be right, but it would make sense to me in their position. It also somewhat explains why Hillary has a bigger lead among southern blacks than among black people in the north. 80-90% of black people in the south voted for Hillary, but only 65% voted for Hillary in Michigan.

"Jew from New York"... Your bigotry has become less nuanced.

Mar 9, 2016, 10:50 PM

Go suxxor a big one...

Nothing stumps me. She's a career politician and............

Mar 9, 2016, 7:03 PM

### good at it. She's also a conniving biatch who should be in jail.

I would vote against her if she ran against Satan himself!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

She is stumping you because she is going to clean the Rep's

Mar 9, 2016, 7:32 PM

clock come November, get used to it. Sorry you are so negative.

Go, winning Tigers, basketballers follow the lead of the baseballers. :)

If the FBI kicks the can... She's the best LIAR I've seen...***

Mar 9, 2016, 10:52 PM

I log onto P&R after I review state, local and national news

Mar 10, 2016, 10:36 AM

for amusement. Someone like you always succeeds to amuse me. I respond only to stir up more amusement. My message to you is why is the Rep. party trying to coerce their candidates? Seems strange. I would say they are out of whack, but I'm not so sure that I understand what whack is. ;)

http://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2016-03-10/viewers-guide-softer-gop-debate-so-says-trump-maybe

Go P&R Tigers, amuse us over and over and over.

I've never supported Trump... Feel the Bern!!! Pay attention***

Mar 10, 2016, 11:49 AM

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic