Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Scheduling
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Scheduling

Jan 26, 2016, 9:54 AM

As a former long time high school administrator, I can speak to the difficulty of scheduling, not for 14 football programs, but for several hundred high school students. Back in the 70's and 80's it would take most of the summer to get these schedules to work out.

I suspect that today high schools and colleges rely on computers to solve the puzzle of scheduling. Certainly the ACC and other conferences use computers to develop football schedules based upon input from the programs that have set dates for OOC games. A little fine tuning may take place, but I don't believe there is any conspiracy to hurt a defending conference champion that played in the national championship game. If anything, it would make sense to schedule to the benefit of Clemson.

As to the scheduling of Thursday and Friday night games, I believe that ESPN and ABC hold the high cards.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I disagree.... I think Swofford is sitting at a desk with

Jan 26, 2016, 9:56 AM

pencil and paper furiously erasing and looking at his watch

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

I agree

Jan 26, 2016, 9:57 AM

I think computers have more to do with the schedule than conspiracies.

As far as the Thursday and Friday games, I know ESPN put these in to fill the TV schedule and spread things out but if we were really putting the student first in student-athlete I am not sure we would have these weekday games. Obviously a player has less class time when they are traveling and playing on weekdays.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the ACC must use an abacus***

Jan 26, 2016, 9:58 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think the ACC must use an abacus***

Jan 26, 2016, 10:06 AM

I'm sure that Swofford has his hands all over it at some point!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic