Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sammy
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,644

Sammy

Jul 9, 2012, 6:32 PM

According to CUAD's drug policy, there is no suspension for a first offense.

First Offense

A positive test result or admission of drug use will have the following consequences:

1) Student-athlete will participate in a conference telephone call with coach, Director of Performance, and parent(s) or legal guardian(s) at which time the consequences of a positive test result will be reviewed.

2) Student-athlete will be required to attend mandatory evaluation and counseling sessions.

3) Student-athlete will be required to perform community service work for a minimum of 15 hours to a maximum of 30 hours.

4) Student-athlete will be subject to frequent retesting as determined by the athletics administration and/or head coach.

Sammy has entered the pre-trial intervention program to have all charges dropped.

If he is punished by Dabo and is suspended for a half, a game or two games, etc., then Dabo will then be punishing the Team.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sammy

Jul 9, 2012, 7:00 PM

I've been saying that same thing the entire time. But there is some that the word pot scares them to death. And they want Sammy's punishment to be abusive. They actually would like to see him flogged until bleeding. How dare he use pot!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm glad we have a coach that holds players accountable

Jul 9, 2012, 7:06 PM

Football is just a game. Dabo is teaching life skills.

In this case, I believe Sammy has been punished through the media and most likely has punished himself worse than what Dabo could, would or should do.

He gets a pass in my book!

The punishing of the team thing is plain stupid

Jul 9, 2012, 7:02 PM

Dabo makes it perfectly clear of his ground rules and expectations of all his players when they join the team. They are well aware of everything he expects of them and the consequences they may face if they break one of those rules.

Whether the offense was a big deal or not, the arrest itself put the university of the football team and the school in a negative light. It was Sammy's poor decision making that led to this happening and caused embarrassment to the program. For this Sammy has to suffer the consequences and it will be under Dabo's discretion.

You can't pick and choose who you punish based on how good they are, that is ridiculous. The team itself is told to look out for one another and make sure no one is breaking any rules. If someone is suspended for a game the only one to blame is the person being suspended.

I think Dabo will do what's right punishment wise and I don't think he'll give a complete slap on the wrist or go out of his way to accommodate Sammy with a suspension down the road. We'll find out soon enough though.

Re: Really??

Jul 9, 2012, 7:09 PM

"You can't pick and choose who you punish based on how good they are, that is ridiculous."

Good as in skill or as a person?

Punishment is not carved in stone. All factors should be weighed.

You are also correct, however, guidelines are just that

Jul 9, 2012, 7:13 PM

guidelines...open to interpretation. I've seen plenty of times in my years "good kids" getting harsher treatment for first offenses, simply to scare the crap out of them. Making an example does work and has it's merits.

Something like sitting him for the first quarter of Awbarn and the entire Ball St. game.

Have to say I agree with you

Jul 9, 2012, 7:10 PM [ in reply to The punishing of the team thing is plain stupid ]

Does anyone remember the entire team running gassers because player did "XYZ" during practice? And, of course, offending player was forced to sit and watch his team suffer for his consequences.

It works.

Re: Sammy's incident was not during training or season.***

Jul 9, 2012, 7:13 PM

Re: life is plain stupid

Jul 9, 2012, 7:21 PM [ in reply to The punishing of the team thing is plain stupid ]

When we get talking about fair, we seem to talk about how we wished it was, not how we know it is. If you can run fast, jump high, are smart, tall or look great in a two-piece, you will be treated differently. If you are short, fat, dumb or ugly, you will be treated differently. I'm not trying to be mean or give Sammy a pass, I'm talking about the real world. Nobody wants to hear that "you need to know your place", but the facts are, you do or life is very miserable. That is the life lesson. Everyone seems to want this to be fair, while at the same time turning their backs on the truth we all know. Life is fair most of the time. Those that were born with a talent, skill or look have an advantage on the rest of the world. By the way, I can't run fast, jump high or look good in a two-piece, but I have lived in this world, successfully, for a while now. I have read where some have said that this is and should stay between a coach and a player and I agree compleatly.

I'm gonna do this one more time and that's it!

Jul 9, 2012, 7:16 PM

Growing up one will find that his action have percussion to those around him.

Father robs bank=fatherless children
Mother busted with crack=motherless children
Sammy get busted with pill and pot=Clemson football without Sammy for a while

Your problem is that you don't want to suffer a game or two without seeing your favorite WR on the field. That's just selfish so grow up.

Cut and Paste this in your sticky notes cause next time you bring it up I'm gonna take the gloves off.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm gonna do this one more time and that's it!

Jul 9, 2012, 7:52 PM

I'd hate to see Sammy miss a game....but something tells me DeAndre, Charone, Martavis, and Jaron will put up some good numbers. Oh yeah, Andre wants to make a statement, too.

In my mind it's all up to Dabo. He knows this kid, knows what his left and right limits are on school/team policy and will make an appropriate decision.

Not like the kid was packing an unregistered hand cannon on campus....just saying...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry, but that doesn't deal with an arrest.

Jul 9, 2012, 7:54 PM

Just sayin'. I love Sammy as much as anybody and would hate to see him miss a game, but I trust Dabo and the Administration to make the right call on this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Just pointing out that we have no clue

Jul 9, 2012, 7:58 PM

of any of his drug tests. What if he had already used that first fail? Too many unknowns for everyone who isn't Dabo, or Sammy to know.

Who cares ?

Jul 9, 2012, 8:00 PM

Dabo will make his decision based how SW does with his pre trial intervention and using the guidelines of what he has told his whole team would happen. If he's told them that first offense is fill in blank,he'll have stick to that.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,644
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic