Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Haley and Gabbard are screwed
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1,375

Haley and Gabbard are screwed

Mar 3, 2021, 9:42 AM

this is what makes me sad is that two young, extremely smart women cannot even hardly gain a nod from their respective parties. Politics is so dirty, so deep rooted, they will never make it and will never get to that top spot. Its almost like they are too rational, too fitting for the job and that is really scary.

Trump, Romney, Rubio, Cruz, DeSantis, Harris, Biden, Warren, Abrams, Buttigieg....they are all looney toons that are too deep in the swamp. I would say that even Trump is too deep now and as time marches on and more people get in his ear from the Repubican party, it will get worst, plus he is like 90 years old.

I just do not like the trajectory that we are on with American politics.

I was watching the Nat Geo special on Air Force One and good lord, can we please just go back to Clinton, Bush, Obama (yes, I said it) and actually having some energy around this Country and get back to normal?

/rant

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thinks it’s too early to tell.

Mar 3, 2021, 9:45 AM

No one thought trump could win the nomination in 2015

Until he did....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OK, who hacked Pawterski's account?***

Mar 3, 2021, 9:49 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think Haley is screwed.

Mar 3, 2021, 9:53 AM

She will have some time rinsing the Trump stink off of her that she used for political gain, but Haley is a master at turning her sails toward the political winds. Come 2024, she'll have found a way to make strides, especially if she's up against Harris.

Also, Tulsi Gabbard = Elizabeth Warren in ideology but just hotter. Not sure why y'all still think she's so great.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

she is great cuz she is hot***

Mar 3, 2021, 10:27 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: she is great cuz she is hot***

Mar 3, 2021, 11:22 AM

"I only hate them social Dem platform ideas when they're spoken by an ugly chick."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

not really

Mar 3, 2021, 1:53 PM

AOC is hot

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Heh...

Mar 3, 2021, 2:14 PM

I'd say out loud why some folks here wouldn't think so, but I'm sure you can probably guess why.

Re: Heh...

Mar 3, 2021, 4:41 PM

This?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sure

Mar 3, 2021, 5:06 PM

this one is better though

Re: sure

Mar 3, 2021, 6:53 PM

lol, yea much better. She must have had a snickers.

If she is running against Harris, the debates will be

Mar 3, 2021, 2:17 PM [ in reply to I don't think Haley is screwed. ]

interesting. Harris won't be able to use the "excuse me while I speak" tactic like she is being put down because of her race Like she did with Pence. She'll actually have to argue based on her ideas and policies that she has defacto been involved with for the previous 4 years.

If I were Haley, I'd be writing this stuff down as talking points. Shutting down keystone would be #1. #2- not taking charge of the vaccine roll out nationally.

There will be more.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While Noem is out shooting the birds

Mar 3, 2021, 9:57 AM

well, pheasant, actually...

https://www.foxnews.com/media/kristi-noem-hunting-keeps-me-grounded-south-dakota-governor

OH THE HUMANITY!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Re: While Noem is out shooting the birds

Mar 3, 2021, 10:02 AM

definitely the first thing I look for in a leader, someone who kills birds to stay grounded.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dead birds are also grounded.***

Mar 3, 2021, 1:27 PM

I find it odd that you wrapped Romney in the same...

Mar 3, 2021, 9:58 AM

group as Cruz, Rubio, and Trump. That doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

What makes Romney "looney toons" or "deep state"?

He's a RINO?***

Mar 3, 2021, 9:59 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

No...

Mar 3, 2021, 10:05 AM

Trump is a RINO. Anyone who doesn't get that doesn't understand Republican ideology.

There's a reason they didn't put out a platform in last year's election. They know Trump doesn't fit it.

The GOP filed for divorce from Conservatism in 2015,

Mar 3, 2021, 10:45 AM

and come to find out, they were already banging Populism and Nationalism on the side.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Romney is a RINO? That is as laughable as it is...

Mar 3, 2021, 3:13 PM [ in reply to He's a RINO?*** ]

stupid (sorry it's stupid).

What in the world would make Romney a RINO? If you say not supporting Trump's idiocy then you're only making your case worse.

Romney one if the few true Republicans left in the Senate

Mar 3, 2021, 4:38 PM

And #### handsome too. Aging well...better than George Clooney.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Meh, it just keeps getting worse.

Mar 3, 2021, 10:07 AM

You know when you see something and you know it's just "not right", but there's nothing you can do. And it gets worse and worse. And there's still nothing you can do. A decade goes by, then two. At some point the reason you've known something was "not right" actually becomes the disaster you hoped would not happen.

The problem is most people, the VAST majority, think their party, their candidate, someone with experience, or says whatever they agree with, they think they (beit a dem nutjob, moderate dem, pub nutjob, or moderate pub) will "fix" the problem. And no one wants to face the reality that fixing the problem causes pain, which is why the problem continues on and on. It's why spending has never been cut. It's been cut plenty in my household. Plenty in most people's households. No one has ever gone 40 years without spending less. No country has had a GDP rise consistently, almost as if planned and controlled, for 40 years. Except.....yeah, the problem.

Our problems are structural, not political. But that will never be understood until the problem becomes a full blown disaster and there is pain. If term limits for Congress and a balanced budget amendment would have been passed, either through Article V or by Congress (never happen), and that was done way back when I graduated high school in 1994, we would be in a very different place today. Because that's how long people have been looking at something they know is "not right", probably longer really. And with bipartisan sunshine being blown up our ##### by dems and pubs, no one has voted for pain. Republicans want less taxes to keep more of their money (there's a cost), dems want to spend into oblivion buying votes (there's a cost). No one wants to pay. No one votes for someone who promises them LESS. No one wants to hear the truth.

Say what you want to about the American people, but with our leadership now, under Trump, under Obama, under Bush, Under Clinton, really since Reagan when this all started, with our leadership in Washington we can't be the greatest country on Earth. Even going nuclear and electing Donald Trump, that doesn't fix the problem. It's structural, not political. Our founding fathers feared the federal government we have now, and for very good reason.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1 for the Clinton peeking gif***

Mar 3, 2021, 10:22 AM

Not sure what that group of people has in common***

Mar 3, 2021, 12:08 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Haley is just another neocon, so good riddance. Gabbard

Mar 3, 2021, 1:04 PM

is a lefty that is actually consistent with traditional leftist views, and therefore falls outside the war party and she'll never be allowed to have any real power.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Haley a neocon?

Mar 3, 2021, 2:13 PM

Yeah..I gotta disagree with you there.

She caused a lot of stink in office for NOT spending money frivolously, and in the lowcountry, p!ssed a lot of folks off because she wouldn't dredge the harbor with money we might not get back from the feds. Ga was able to steal some customers from the port because they gambled they could dredge and allow bigger ships with federal cahs, and won.

You can call Haley a lot of things, but neocon isn't one of them.

She's an "Israel firster"

Mar 3, 2021, 4:05 PM

and that's the definition of a neocon. She also is a part of the white collar welfare train that gives her mega kickbacks so she can buy mansions on the coast. (Boeing)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trump was a neocon, too?

Mar 3, 2021, 5:21 PM

I never heard him described as that. He was also an "Israel firster" as you say.

Boeing gave Haley kickbacks? I never heard that. I find that interesting as Boeing bought the land it sits on in N. Charleston in 2008 and 2009, and finally opened the plant in 2011.

Haley's first term as SC governor started in January 2011.

Boeing knew that Haley would be governor while they built the plant in 2009 and 2010?

wow..that's quite a prognostication that an Indian woman would be the first woman minority governor of a south carolina. I wonder when the kickbacks started?

Those guys at Boeing must be geniuses! Makes me wonder how they screwed up so bad with the 737 Max.

Re: Trump was a neocon, too?

Mar 3, 2021, 9:53 PM

“Critics have alleged that the position at Boeing may have been offered to Haley due to favorable official actions she took with regard to Boeing while in office in South Carolina. Boeing board members earn "a minimum annual compensation of $315,000 as of 2017, the most recent figures available in a regulatory filing."

Well thats proof enough for me!

Mar 4, 2021, 2:19 PM

WT F was that?

They paid her at least $300k for her service....

Mar 4, 2021, 3:41 PM

but in reality, we know it was much more.

Also, if Boeing already bought the land, then I guess they didn't need a billion dollars of taxpayer money did they?

Keep supporting the corporatists though, it's the fashionable thing these days. (Even among the Democrats, surprisingly)

Trump is a boomercon, not quite the same thing as a Neocon. He definitely did a lot wrong with foreign policy, but at least he didn't start a new war which is what Israel and all the defense contractors wanted.

Re: She's an "Israel firster"

Mar 3, 2021, 9:59 PM [ in reply to She's an "Israel firster" ]

That's not the definition of neo-con at all.

That's just simply one of their positions.

Why do you assume they won’t get a fair shake?

Mar 3, 2021, 2:36 PM

I can’t speak for Gabbard but Haley might just have the same “I don’t care what everyone says” of Trump but with a sense of place and composure that could very well bridge the gap between Trump’s supporters and more traditional GOP voters. Time will tell.

null

Replies: 32
| visibility 1,375
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic