Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Obed is the biggest loser for August (maybe)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 48
| visibility 595

Obed is the biggest loser for August (maybe)

Aug 28, 2020, 8:31 AM

Got those lousy blood test results back on 8/7, had brief oh #### moment, and as of this morning have lost 21 pounds.

BMI still 27 but FTS.

In B4 WGAS cool story bro.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You didn’t lose them

Aug 28, 2020, 8:35 AM

I’ve got them right here

Don’t you want them back?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

I mean, they can be like BOTH our pounds, but we’ll

Aug 28, 2020, 8:39 AM

Just keep em at your place.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

21lbs?!?!?!

Aug 28, 2020, 8:38 AM

How you enjoying that extra 2.1" of dink?

They say you gain an extra inch of usable dink for every 10lbs lost.

I'm down 40 pounds so far. I feel like a king with my 6" donger.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Congrats to you as well, and be sure to cut your grass

Aug 28, 2020, 8:40 AM

So your deck looks bigger.

"usable" is a bit misleading.

Aug 28, 2020, 8:41 AM

I should say an additional 1" of length. According to SarahAdidas, none of it is usable, by her standards.

Don’t take it personally.

Aug 28, 2020, 8:41 AM

You’re married to her. It’s normal.

How you lose 21 in 28 days?***

Aug 28, 2020, 8:49 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

COVID-19***

Aug 28, 2020, 8:51 AM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Intermittent fasting bruh, which

Aug 28, 2020, 8:56 AM [ in reply to How you lose 21 in 28 days?*** ]

Is a $20 term for “not eating”.

Nah, for real though, I stopped the fast food and Diet Coke, and limited my eating hours to noon to 6pm. Didn’t do anything dietary other than trying to use common sense.

Problem with that is you now must always do it, right?

Aug 28, 2020, 1:37 PM

Like if you decide to go on vacation and enjoy breakfast or late evening desserts...it will hit your body and metabolism harder?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Kinda sorta

Aug 28, 2020, 1:41 PM

Like if you took a week off for vacation, you might gain a few pounds, but you won’t balloon up or anything...you just have to get back on the horse.

The reason I’m going to try to stick with it this time is that weight loss is just one of the benefits....When I’m doing IF on the reg, I also have more energy, am more focused, and sleep a lot better, so there’s some great incentive to keep it up, even if I don’t do it 30 days out of 30 every month.

You still not drinking?***

Aug 28, 2020, 1:51 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So ironically enough

Aug 28, 2020, 1:54 PM

Having been a moderate drinker (1-2/day tops), there are some studies that show that the drinking I was doing was offering some protection against the condition I developed, and that going cold turkey a year ago knocked down that barrier.

So on dr’s orders, I’m having a glass of red a night. Never been a huge wine guy, but it’s growing on me.

I like a good red...

Aug 28, 2020, 1:56 PM

but honestly, I really don't drink alot of beer and wine. I tend to focus more on liquor and keep it a couple of measured drinks after work. Kudos to the fasting though. I might be able to go 1-9 without eating but getting food prepared and five kids to a table in my house by 5:30 is nigh impossible.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have done that in the past

Aug 28, 2020, 8:56 AM [ in reply to How you lose 21 in 28 days?*** ]

Went Paleo and some fasting.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Back in my day, we all were going Paleo. We didn't have a

Aug 28, 2020, 8:59 AM

choice." - henry®

Good job.***

Aug 28, 2020, 8:56 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yea, I found my self creeping up on a few pounds

Aug 28, 2020, 8:58 AM

so working on getting those back off before my November blood work.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Makes sense. Almost all this was COVID related.

Aug 28, 2020, 8:59 AM

I had gained 15 of the 20 I just lost since March. Bring at home with instantaneous day-long access to food was a killer.

I do okay with the food, but

Aug 28, 2020, 9:21 AM

I go through a gallon of tea (1/4 cup sugar per gallon) every two days. I also had to tell sharkgirl while it was very sweet she'd bring home Dr. Pepper when she went to the store without me, I really didn't need that in the house.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

JESUS AERO

Aug 28, 2020, 9:27 AM

Thas a lot of tea. Especially sweet tea. That stuff sucks the life out of me.

Try cutting it with unsweetened tea or water, a little at the time. Before long you'll find you can't STAND how sweet it is.

I 100% cut juice, gatorade, tea, lemonade, etc. Started just to try to get off of some of the sugar and now I couldn't drink a 4 ounce cup of regular OJ to save my life.

Amen.

Aug 28, 2020, 9:32 AM

That was one of the biggest habbits I broke.

No sodas.

Gradually went to half and half tea, then to unsweetened with a bunch of lemon, then to straight unsweetened.

I'm a fruit/juice lover, but I've just learned to do without.

You'll shed pounds like crazy.

I feel like I've gone pretty far getting down to 1/4 cup

Aug 28, 2020, 9:47 AM [ in reply to JESUS AERO ]

from 1 cup. But yeah, still way too much. I need to take 3 fewer steps and get water during the day.

Aero, you may need an intervention.

Aug 28, 2020, 10:07 AM

1 cup of sugar per gallon, 1/2 gallon per day, every day, plus Dr. Pepper.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes I do, but some of y'all are hard of reading.

Aug 28, 2020, 10:22 AM

it is 1/4 cup of sugar in the tea. The Dr. Pepper is kept out of the house so I could well go M-Th without having any.

I totally agree with Greenr. Figure a gallon of tea made

Aug 28, 2020, 11:28 AM

with a cup of sugar and you drink half of it each day, that's a half a cup of sugar each day. That's not even counting the Dr Peppers. No telling, you may be up to like 3/4 cup of sugar daily.

In drinks alone. That doesn't include the sugar in his

Aug 28, 2020, 11:40 AM

Snickers bars, Airheads, Oatmeal Creampies (lulz) and Fruit Loops.

So much this. And Aero strikes me as the kind of guy

Aug 28, 2020, 11:46 AM

that likes him a real good slice of pound cake or two after dinner, like right before bed. Makes me hum that old Def Leppard tune in my head.

Rock of Ages?***

Aug 28, 2020, 1:22 PM

Unskinny Bop?***

Aug 28, 2020, 2:12 PM

Forget the sugar issue, that much tea

Aug 28, 2020, 5:05 PM [ in reply to I do okay with the food, but ]

will make kidney stones you will regret more than the weight.

Son of was a big tea drinker until he had to have one of those blasted. Then stint removed. Ouch.

And what you just pointed out is funny to me, but

Aug 28, 2020, 9:38 AM [ in reply to Yea, I found my self creeping up on a few pounds ]

I do it too.

Getting in shape right before your bloodwork seems like cleaning your house because the housekeepers are coming.

Well, I have until November so I am working on it now

Aug 28, 2020, 5:07 PM

and not trying to get there only by fasting.

Still, I always hated having to clean up for the maid.

Re: Obed is the biggest loser for August (maybe)

Aug 28, 2020, 9:18 AM

WGASCSB

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm a solid 29 on the BMI scale.

Aug 28, 2020, 9:27 AM

Just entered overweight territory from obese. Down about 25-30lbs so far this year. Have another 20ish to go.

Message was edited by: Tiggity®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think I have gone the other way

Aug 28, 2020, 9:34 AM

because of covid but I am staying away from a scale

also probably because of a roast beast sandwich for bfast

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

I've run more in August than I have in any given month in

Aug 28, 2020, 10:06 AM

years. However, I am treating my stomach like a fucking garbage disposal so I am pretty sure I am gaining weight.

whatever mr jeans short shorts***

Aug 28, 2020, 11:33 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Crass gained them***

Aug 28, 2020, 10:03 AM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Good job sir. BTW, calling for rain at Spa this weekend.***

Aug 28, 2020, 11:15 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

babyfistpump.jpg***

Aug 28, 2020, 11:16 AM

Threadjack. In the interest of teamwork making the dreamwork

Aug 28, 2020, 11:26 AM

I have a proposal for a quick Obed mangemasterpiece.

Something about how you've had pity on IPTAY after all the letters begging for money and upped your donation significantly. Put in for the usual 18 tickets but were awarded 26. Then gripe about not being able to be in a box, and the 26 being scattered into 6 groups of 4 with some all the way down on the 20 yard line lower deck.

Special approval for bringing in a temporary picnic shelter structure that circumvents the no tent rule helps but you are really irked at IPTAY.

Scheme it up and post it. I'll figure out a way to chime in.

Re: Threadjack. In the interest of teamwork making the dreamwork

Aug 28, 2020, 11:33 AM

Obed®

Dadgummit

Aug 28, 2020, 11:34 AM

Obed®

Screw BMI, go by mirror and how you feel.

Aug 28, 2020, 11:36 AM

#thingsbasicbitchessay

But for real, BMI is a useless stat. Good job being less fat!

BMI is useless for anybody who is remotely athletic.***

Aug 28, 2020, 1:38 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

What if you're a scrappy gym rat with a high motor?

Aug 28, 2020, 2:09 PM

You know...a gritty winner with good fundamentals and deceptive speed that's sneaky athletic? A cerebral grinder that out-hustles the competition and has a lot of heart? Like, a real lunch pail type guy like you'd want your daughter to date?

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're definitely cerebral.***

Aug 28, 2020, 2:13 PM

Replies: 48
| visibility 595
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic