Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Richt out at Georgia...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Richt out at Georgia...

Nov 2, 2015, 11:06 AM

I have several in-laws and friends here in Atlanta who are UGA alums and big-spenders in their program - they've all told me since Saturday that Richt will be gone - understanding is their AD is working out the arrangements for him to resign instead of being fired.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tough business...has an outstanding football team

Nov 2, 2015, 11:08 AM

almost every year, but that's not good enough.

I hope what you're saying isn't true, but I would not be surprised.

I don't think so unless it is a mutual parting of ways.

Nov 2, 2015, 11:09 AM

From what I understand, the BOT is giving Richt kinda' a pass on this year due to losing Chubb and having such QB issues.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: I don't think so unless it is a mutual parting of ways.

Nov 2, 2015, 11:22 AM

I get they had issues....but if you are a top 10 preseason every single year you would think they would have a good enough back up rb to still get it done imo ...and also the qb issues they have is on the coaching staff as well ....obviously missed on some guys and def weren't prepared....I think Richt is a great guy but that program is very similar to us under bowden....they are like 4-15 or something against top 15 teams ...they are every year over rated and end up 8 4 or so....under achieve every year

end-up 8 - 4 or so !?!?! ?

Nov 2, 2015, 12:04 PM

In the last thirteen years, UGa's record under Richt was as follows;

02 - 13-1
03 - 11-3
04 - 10-2
05 - 10-3
06 - 9-4
07 - 11-2
08 - 10-3
09 - 8-5
10 - 6-7
11 - 10-4
12 - 12-2
13 - 8-5
14 - 10-3

During that thirteen year period, he has only had three seasons where his teams failed to win at least nine games. I get UGa fans are impatient and want more. I have even said that UGa is one of the top programs in the country that manages to achieve less with more but I don't care who you are, that's a pretty impressive resume.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Huge mistake by UGa if true IMO***

Nov 2, 2015, 11:12 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All the media here in Atlanta.........

Nov 2, 2015, 11:26 AM

is saying it's time for him to go. I've never seen/heard it this definite as people are tired of not making it to the next level.

Georgia people fancy themselves as national title contenders each and ever year - unless you live in Georgia, especially Atlanta, you don't know about this. They really do believe they are in the elite.

Now, though, most of them are beginning to face the reality that Richt isn't going to take them to the next level as it's been 10 years since an SEC title. And with Florida getting stronger then that's making it even tougher.

And they also realize the yearly changes it seems like in assistant coaches - can't find (like Dabo has) the kinds of OCs and DCs you need to have a successful program.

The final straw is that Richt himself sounds beaten like he's worn out and giving up.

They're faced now with a "be careful what you wish for" decision.

when will people realize that media are all #########....

Nov 2, 2015, 11:28 AM

wannabes who can't trying to control those that can....

did the Atlanta media also happen to tell your family who they are going to elect as President next year as well.

if so, tell them "thanks" for saving me the trouble of voting...

smphh

I 'd love to hear who they think they could get....

Nov 2, 2015, 11:29 AM [ in reply to All the media here in Atlanta......... ]

to replace Richt after you runt-off a coach who won 10+ games three of the last four years.

Re: Huge mistake by UGa if true IMO***

Nov 2, 2015, 11:29 AM [ in reply to Huge mistake by UGa if true IMO*** ]

I agree CUFan. IMO a huge mistake.

My question would be for those who want him out, who do you replace him with ? Is this just a witch-hunt because he has had a litany of injuries and a not so impressive QB play ? Richt seems to be a classy guy and I respect him, and I can understand frustration from the fanbase, alumni, and boosters with the talent he has had to work with. But again, who you got coming in ?

Go Tigers!!

Agree, but I think UGA folks are watching Watson ...

Nov 2, 2015, 11:36 AM [ in reply to Huge mistake by UGa if true IMO*** ]

... and comparing that to their current predicament at QB and are blaming Richt for Watson not even considering UGA.

They do have that kid from Washington state coming in next year, so maybe they will hold out to see if he is the savior. But he is a pocket passer (no run threat) guy too. Those haven't been working out so well for UGA lately.

Re: Agree, but I think UGA folks are watching Watson ...

Nov 2, 2015, 11:43 AM

In UGA's defense we had Watson locked down before he hit puberty.

Just like with DW4

Nov 2, 2015, 12:45 PM [ in reply to Agree, but I think UGA folks are watching Watson ... ]

I have wondered how this supposed savior at QB is committed to SC rather than UGA. UGA gets you more exposure, better talent and a system that has put multiple QBS in the NFL on some level. Other than a clipboard holding Conner Shaw, has SC put ANY? Not a knock on Shaw, kid did tons with less. But I seriously can't think of a QB who even got a look in the pros, maybe Ellis?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Miami prays this is true

Nov 2, 2015, 11:14 AM

If true ... more bad news for SCAR's coach search.

Nov 2, 2015, 11:15 AM

What a banner year for talented ambitious young coaches, and what a tough situation for schools trying to fill a HC position with the best candidate out there.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UNLESS...Richt wants to say in the SEC...

Nov 2, 2015, 11:17 AM

;)

Maybe they can re hire Donnan or Goff

Nov 2, 2015, 11:18 AM

lol. They need to sit tight, especially this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mark Richt = Tommy Bowden

Nov 2, 2015, 11:20 AM

tons of talent and has epic failures

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: Mark Richt = Tommy Bowden

Nov 2, 2015, 11:23 AM

I too would hate to see him go. He is a quality person but does not seem to be able to coach up his team. He has great recruiting every year but can't demonstrate it on the field.. Wonder if he would want the coot job? He would be foolish to take that gig.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Richt to S. Carolina would be a dream come true for me...

Nov 2, 2015, 11:24 AM

But fat chance.

Re: Mark Richt = Tommy Bowden

Nov 2, 2015, 11:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Mark Richt = Tommy Bowden ]

I like richt too. but uga is not the job for him any longer. i think a new environment would do him some good. #### of a recruiter. he would be insane however to take south carolina. he would resign mid-season. they cannot win anything of substance

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

In 2037 somebody will still be making these Bowden comments

Nov 2, 2015, 11:29 AM [ in reply to Mark Richt = Tommy Bowden ]

Let it go peeps.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Richt has had nine 10 win seasons in 14 years. TB had ZERO

Nov 2, 2015, 11:34 AM [ in reply to Mark Richt = Tommy Bowden ]

10 win seasons at Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL...bless your heart...lol***

Nov 2, 2015, 11:35 AM [ in reply to Mark Richt = Tommy Bowden ]

Imagine what Spurrier could do there.***

Nov 2, 2015, 11:21 AM

back when he had all his marbles !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

absolutely ridiculous .... media and fans have lost their collective minds..***

Nov 2, 2015, 11:26 AM

Good post & replies. Thread shows collective intelligence!

Nov 2, 2015, 11:31 AM

Very unusual.

Kudos!

Re: Richt out at Georgia...

Nov 2, 2015, 11:31 AM

We hear this same crap every year. If he doesn't win a Natty (which is never) all the media and people in the news scream that this is the year he is gone. Should he be? I don't know.

I think he is a great man. Not sure about how great of a coach he his. Maybe his greatness as a man hampers him as a coach. I highly doubt he does much "coaching" and more ceo-ing. However, as a coach, if the product on the field isn't improving then he has to start firing people. Maybe he's too loyal to coaches.

I do think he should at least get a pass this year due to losing the best RB in the country.

I like your funny words magic man

crazy...

Nov 2, 2015, 11:35 AM

I mean we're having a bad year having lost 3 games but Richt's not getting fired.

Re: Richt out at Georgia...FALSE!

Nov 2, 2015, 11:38 AM

I have family that works with the Athletic Dept. and he is safe for this year

Mark is a class act!

Nov 2, 2015, 12:06 PM

nm

Nov 2, 2015, 12:13 PM

This will move the coots another spot down on the pecking order of coaching vacancies. By the time the season ends, the coots will be the 8th or 9th best job that is open. Poor coots!

I still think he's a really good coach. I understand UGA

Nov 2, 2015, 12:25 PM

fans are frustrated because the team is almost always good to very good, but never quite good enough, but this kind of has a Fulmer/Tenn feel to it. Be very careful what you wish for Georgia fans because those 10 win Capitol One Bowl seasons that feel frustrating now could be something you are dreaming about in a few years if 1 or 2 hires go bad.

I do think UGA is a better job than UT due the natural recruiting bed they have there, but recent history has proven that no program is above a quick fall from grace.

Richt would be a good hire for almost any of the current job openings so if he does get run off and still wants to coach he will be unemployed for all of a few weeks.

Nov 2, 2015, 12:25 PM

See....Tennessee Fires Fulmer
See....Nebraska Fires Pellin
Careful what you wish for.

Texas Fires Brown***

Nov 2, 2015, 12:29 PM

Do you realize how many chickens you sent running to Athens

Nov 2, 2015, 12:33 PM

by posting this? Poor Richt.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Can't be. They'd have to pull the Ford/UGA commercials.***

Nov 2, 2015, 2:52 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic