Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Richmond burns, Xavier skids ....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,316

Richmond burns, Xavier skids ....

Mar 7, 2014, 7:37 AM

But LSU gets a nice bump by beating Vandy. End result: Assuming a Clemson win over Pitt, with a likely win over Georgia to close the season, LSU and Clemson would be neck and neck in RPI.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UGA is no slouch. They blew out one of SECs tourney teams recently***

Mar 7, 2014, 7:40 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Georgia is a tremendous slouch

Mar 7, 2014, 8:48 AM

The talking heads are just looking for an excuse to include more than two teams from the $EC on the Dance card.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

They beat Missouri twice***

Mar 7, 2014, 10:47 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Missouri is barely .500 in a crappy conference

Mar 7, 2014, 12:20 PM

and they also lost to a bad Illinois team.

Beating UCLA was by far their best win of the season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Missouri.Beat LSU by double digits in 1st meeting***

Mar 7, 2014, 7:43 AM

Could come down to who has a

Mar 7, 2014, 7:46 AM

better conference tournament.

Re: Could come down to who has a

Mar 7, 2014, 8:43 AM

Regardless, anything less than a win tomorrow and two in Greensboro makes our chances of an at-large invite highly unlikely (Probably in that less than 25% range). There are likely 8-10+ teams that are currently considered out by most, that would still likely be listed as above us by the Selection Committee. And in my eyes, even winning the next three may not be enough. Kind of view our fate in that scenario as a coin flip.

To feel "comfortable" in their chances, the Tigers need a win tomorrow and an ACC Championship Game appearance.

I disagree.. I think a win tomorrow and 2 in Greensboro

Mar 7, 2014, 11:24 AM

will make us a close to a lock as possible. 100%? Probably not... but I don't see how an 11-7 ACC team with an RPI in the upper 40's, that finished solo 5th gets left out.

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

They've got mizzou, UK, UF & Arky w LSU Knocking

Mar 7, 2014, 8:59 AM

On the door. Look for the refs to push LSU into the dance with a win over UGA. UGA will have to beat LSU & the refs this weekend, I promise you. If you watched any of the Arky/UK game the other night, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

Clemson, like Arky, has gotten a few call and no calls to go our way recently too. Let's hope it continues tomorrow! Beat Pitt!!

UGa has actually had a good yea 17-12, 3rd in the SEC

Mar 7, 2014, 10:45 AM

I'd say they would beat LSU at home, but it's going to be tough on the road with LSU playing for a spot in the Dance.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't know if the SEC will help or hurt them

Mar 7, 2014, 10:43 AM

On the one hand, they've played weak competition in conference and may have a tougher time in the tournament against winning teams. On the other hand, with so few SEC teams basically guaranteed to get in, the selection committee may feel like giving the SEC another team.

Re: Richmond burns, Xavier skids ....

Mar 7, 2014, 11:49 AM

LSU's doneski if we finish with a mere 7 conference losses.

There should only be 3 from the SEC basketball wasteland.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,316
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic