Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Remember 4th & 16
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,154

Remember 4th & 16

Dec 5, 2020, 8:27 AM

A lot of people will call that game against LSU and that particular play the beginning of our current run of success. I believe that is just the moment a lot of us just started to realize what we had brewing in little Ol’ Clemson. The culture Dabo was building at Clemson started way before that. It is unbelievable what he has built at Clemson and the best thing about it is we have done it the right way. That is something truly to be proud of. The best is yet to come my friends. I remember 4th & 16 because it seemed like in that play we got over the imaginary hump. In that moment all of the doubt was washed away. The days of underachieving were over. For me the let downs of the Tommy Bowden era were forgotten. What we have in Clemson right now is truly special. The culture Dabo has built in the program has bleed over into the fan base. I feel blessed to be apart of the Clemson family. Now let’s enjoy this ride to another Natty together.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the play was called "switch"...

Dec 5, 2020, 8:32 AM

go back and look at the video, and how WIDE OPEN Adam Humphries was on the left.

I still have no idea who LSU was covering.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I certainly called it that at the time. I literally jumped

Dec 5, 2020, 8:34 AM

up out of my recliner hollering

YES!, YES!, YES!

FINALLY, WE'RE BACK!

When Catman punched that thing through the goalposts, it felt to me like the weight of the world was lifted off Clemson Football. With the W Va debacle the year before, and all the near constant referrals to "Clemsoning", that game was much more pivotal to the Clemson psyche than any casual fan could ever realize.

Dabo may still have had the final strength of will to eventually get us to the top of the mountain if that kick had missed, but it would have been a lot harder, and taken a lot longer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

look at these goobers!!

Dec 5, 2020, 8:48 AM

Just watched the 4&16 again and spotted these morons

scar
instagram pic download online

do their shirts say "USC four LSU"?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Those 2 right there are a prime example why your parents

Dec 5, 2020, 9:00 AM

can't also be brother and sister.

It causes extreme retardation and an unnatural love of poultry.

It's pronounced "L Heff A" and it means "The Boss".

Re: Remember 4th & 16

Dec 5, 2020, 8:54 AM

I remember. It led to my greatest moment on tnet.

https://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=13407881&start=0#13407881

I would then be invited as a special guest to the All In ball that year, and Dabo read my poem at the end of his keynote speech...

https://www.tigernet.com/update/Video-Dabo-Swinneys-4th-and-16-speech-10655

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,154
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic