Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Regarding Dabo to Bama rumor/speculation that comes up so often
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Regarding Dabo to Bama rumor/speculation that comes up so often

Jul 30, 2016, 8:44 AM

It's a topic that is brought up several times a year. Bama fans seem to think it'll be a given if/when Saban retires or leaves. Clemson fans get nervous about losing our beloved coach. Bear Bryant famously left TAMU for Bama because "Mama came calling."

Someone remind me where Danny Ford, a Bama alum, lives and spends his post-coaching career? Despite being fired from that place, he still stays there instead of going home to "Mama"...?

Dabo isn't going anywhere. There's something in these hills.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think that we should

Jul 30, 2016, 9:07 AM

make him ours! His heart will be so Orange by the time the opportunity to go back comes......no way he leaves. Be hard to walk away in 2020 with 2 NC's in his record!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

I doubt those comparisons work for several reasons.

Jul 30, 2016, 9:32 AM

The most important reason it doesn't fit is that Bama did not dump on Bear Bryant for half a decade. Bama didn't fire Bear, promise him a job and keep him hanging around for three or four months waiting then tell him they were hiring someone else for the position they promised him.

Alabama didn't ignore a letter from Bear that was in essence a job application, that's nary a return phone call, a 'thanks for applying but no thanks,' a 'check back at a later date,' letter or a 'forget it, you are not qualified to coach here, don't call us we'll call you' response.' NOTHING!

Bama didn't wait until Bear had put roots down in a place comparable to Clemson with fans who are dedicated and honor their football coaching heroes as we do Howard and Ford then offer him a lateral move just before signing day while Bear was a recruiting coordinator. Bama didn't crap on Bear for a decade. So no, I figure Dabo has more interest in beating the socks off Bama than working there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not in my top 25 things

Jul 30, 2016, 9:42 AM

to worry about today.
1. Who is going to tell the new incoming recruits and their Mamas that Dabo is going home to Mama! Not in his DNA
2. At some point real soon one of those assistants like BV or Jeff Scott is going to be ready to carry on.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Regarding Dabo to Bama rumor/speculation that comes up so often

Jul 30, 2016, 10:08 AM

Dabo is a very good coach but and if he leaves it's his choice.Clemson is a brand now and elite at that .We will survive and attract a top notch coach.

Jul 30, 2016, 10:39 AM

I thought that same thing when Danny left,see how that turned out.

Jul 30, 2016, 10:13 AM

The only people that think Dabo is leaving Clemson to go to Bama are the ones who aren't Close to Dabo and his situation at Clemson, Bama fans, and people that hate Clemson.

He's not leaving Clemson for Bama. It's not happening, not with the President, Athletic Department, and Board of trustees all in lock-set together with the Football Program.

What a lot of people don't realize is that the list of CONS to the Bama job is long, especially now that Saban has made his mark. Bama could pay $$$, and that's about where the list of PROS ends.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2016, 7:40 PM

I'm 60/40 he stays because of what he's built here... The only person that can convince him to return to Bama outside of Dabo is Gene Stallings IMHO! The longer he's here and Saban stays put the more the % goes up in our favor. Interesting and little known fact is Dabo and Saban have neighboring homes in Boca and have become friends. It will be interesting how this plays out, however much like Ford my money is on BYOG boys!

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic