Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Refunding the police
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 636

Refunding the police

Mar 19, 2021, 1:43 AM

Huge spike in shootings of disproportionately black and brown people in Portland leads to bringing back a dedicated patrol that was de-funded last year.

No liberal could have seen this coming.

https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/2021/03/mayor-ted-wheeler-seeks-2-million-to-bring-back-uniformed-police-team-to-address-spike-in-shootings.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Defunding was such a knee-jerk reaction to please the

Nov 7, 2022, 4:10 PM

BLM folks and the woke crowd.

From the article, when asked - "What's going to be the difference in policing?" - the answer was "an oversight committee".

Maybe an oversight committee should have been their first response - rather than taking law enforcement off of the streets.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Refunding the police

Mar 19, 2021, 5:50 AM

Wait - are you telling me there are violent people out there that require force to be stopped. I thought this was supposed to turn into the suburbs.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are now Canceled. You can't point out the

Mar 19, 2021, 5:54 AM

Absolute idiocy of the liberals.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You are now Canceled. You can't point out the

Mar 19, 2021, 6:23 AM

It’s amazing to me that some people thought defunding police was a good idea. It would be hard to even imagine a more idiotic idea.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can I get you ladies something, an appletini maybe?

Mar 19, 2021, 7:28 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can I get you ladies something, an appletini maybe?

Mar 19, 2021, 7:59 AM

No thanks Alexandria

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Marketing slogans and rally cries don't always

Mar 19, 2021, 8:17 AM

work out, do they?

Sure, we've got some serious issues with the police in this county and they probably need some things off their plate. I would say more funding is the answers.

I think it needs to be harder to become a police officer, easier to be removed and encouraged to find a new career path, AND pay them more.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My BIL works in law enforcement - if you make it harder to

Mar 19, 2021, 8:53 AM

become an officer, you won't have any left. He can't find enough as it is.

It has become a very thankless job at the moment...

That said - I do agree with everything you said, but just pointing out that convincing kids to become police officers has become harder.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, not so much "make it harder" as "make sure any

Mar 19, 2021, 9:00 AM

assessment used is effectively dialed-in to ensure the right type of people get through."

I'm not saying that it needs to change - I really don't know. But that's the trick. He doesn't have to be arbitrarily harder...Cops don't need to be "smarter". The test to get into an academy just needs to be testing the right things, and testing them well. Again, maybe it does...people change through life and they'll change as a result of what they see every day. But the first way to keep cops with the wrong mindset off the streets is to weed them out before anyone invests in them.

null

Re: Marketing slogans and rally cries don't always

Mar 19, 2021, 9:45 AM [ in reply to Marketing slogans and rally cries don't always ]

aero

I agree with you, but the other day I was looking up police pay and I was a bit surprised by this map (see attached).

How far does that 56k go in Wyoming?

Mar 19, 2021, 10:02 AM

I may need to rethink things.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aw man I misread the headline

Mar 19, 2021, 9:40 AM

I'd love a refund for all the taxpayer money we waste on police

(and every other aspect of government)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 636
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic