Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If true that SC gets outrecruited by CU, then why do TiGs...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

If true that SC gets outrecruited by CU, then why do TiGs...

Dec 19, 2013, 1:25 PM

lose year after year (5 straight, when I though we had at least equal talent 2 of those 5 yrs)?

Everytime I look at the class ratings between SC & CU, I believe I've seen that Clemson has out-recruited them. Am I wrong with this belief?!

And, Is it that Coots put more substance in linemen & toughness there vs the fast sleek RB's & WR's of Clemson. Or, is some of that true but also the coaching element is involved?

Of course, you can't really answer to mistakes that one team makes vs another (like 6 fumbles this year) unless it's due to pressing to change matters of having lost time after time.

What say you?!

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2010, 2011, 2012--Clemson not as good a team. 2013 we shot

Dec 19, 2013, 1:28 PM

ourselves in the foot. 2009--mystery game--we were better but lost it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We also had 6 turnovers, not fumbles.

Dec 19, 2013, 1:36 PM

You can't beat anyone like that. If the turnover margin was even in 2013, we'd easily beat them. However, good teams don't turn the ball over, SC was the better team that night. No excuses for how sloppy our guys played...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thought Clemson looked better in 2012, too

Dec 19, 2013, 1:46 PM [ in reply to 2010, 2011, 2012--Clemson not as good a team. 2013 we shot ]

But SC probably had the more complete defense, and Clemson just couldn't get off the field.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rivals rankings don't mean crap

Dec 20, 2013, 5:50 PM

It's all about coaching. They took a two star DJ Swearinger and turned him into a 2nd round NFL draft pick.

They have better coaches, plain and simple. We gotta fix that

Let me have the better OL, DL, and kicking game. My team

Dec 19, 2013, 1:40 PM

will win the vast majority of the tough games. Also, you need to win turnover margin.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:Amen.***

Dec 19, 2013, 1:43 PM

Re: If true that SC gets outrecruited by CU, then why do TiGs...

answers: coaching, no, yes, yes, yes

Let me have the better OL, DL, and kicking game. My team

will win the vast majority of the tough games. Also, you need to win turnover margin.

sorry for double post***

Dec 19, 2013, 1:41 PM

Clemson had the better DL this year and a few years ago***

Dec 19, 2013, 1:45 PM [ in reply to Let me have the better OL, DL, and kicking game. My team ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kicking game?

Dec 19, 2013, 4:04 PM [ in reply to Let me have the better OL, DL, and kicking game. My team ]

I hope you mean return game. I'd take Catman and Pinion over that little runt with the glasses any day.

This year and last year it was just epic screw- ups...

Dec 19, 2013, 1:44 PM

Last year it was a mediocre secondary not covering guys on third down. This year it was 6 turnovers. Both years, it looked like Clemson was the more talented team- especially this year. Does anyone doubt that Clemson wins that game if they just are able to hang onto punts?

Re: This year and last year it was just epic screw- ups...

Dec 19, 2013, 3:28 PM

this year definitely...too many turnovers and penalties at inopportune times. you take away the fumbled punts at least and it's a different game.

the gap's been bridged talent wise from the 2009 class (where we only brought in 12 guys), just gotta get the results from NSD to match the results on the field. thing where the coots have had better success has been w/ in-state talent IMO, especially in the first 2-3 years Dabo was coach (i.e. - the guys that were seniors and juniors this year).

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2013, 2:58 PM

some people think turnovers are purely random like landing in the Molasses Swamp playing Candyland. good teams get turnovers and unprepared teams give them up. yes, it was the difference in the game, but they played mistake free and we were out muscled for the ball.

Dec 19, 2013, 3:58 PM [ in reply to This year and last year it was just epic screw- ups... ]

and fumbles ...how about the fumbles..you know...Tajh fumbling...maybe everyone was in the restroom when that happened because nobody wants to mention it ..

Juss sayin...

Dec 19, 2013, 5:08 PM

because of where on the field that happened and the fact that it came after a longer drive down the field, that wasn't as big of a deal as the fumbled punts that put our defense right back onto the field with their backs to the endzone.

Dec 19, 2013, 2:37 PM

Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.– Calvin Coolidge

Agree. Dabo has this and will continue. He is competitive

Dec 19, 2013, 3:27 PM

and wants to be the best. He lost 4 in 2011, 2 in 2012, and 2 in 2013. He wants to get over the hump--he wants to be the best.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Physical and mental strength.

Dec 19, 2013, 3:11 PM

They have more than we do. It comes from the top and also through the one coach that spends more time with the players than any other. We refuse to acknowledge it but it is known by our competitors that we have a problem in this area.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They have more strength

Dec 19, 2013, 3:20 PM

because they have more SEC money to be able to pay for a better strength and conditioning program. No matter how hard we push our players, this is one area we simply will not win due to our conference.

This is just false

Dec 19, 2013, 5:09 PM

Who was strong this year? Which team has looked better running the ball lately?

Them, because their lineman have better conditioning

Dec 20, 2013, 1:42 PM

What's the difference in our logic, here?

Recruiting is very important ...

Dec 19, 2013, 3:11 PM

.. recruiting rankings are not.

Dec 19, 2013, 3:18 PM

Coaching: Spurrier is the better coach.
Recruiting: Chickens get better linemen--or have a better offensive line coach--also seems like better backers.
Coaching: Dropping all those balls-turnovers.

we have lousy D back and safety play. May be better days coming there. Every receiver got behind Darius Robinson.

coaching: Swinney micromanaging the offense,calling plays again.

coaching: Hire goods assistants--and take the darn headset off and go watch the game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coaching--They were ready to run Spurrier out of town in

Dec 19, 2013, 3:25 PM

his 6th season if he did not beat Clemson (2009). The radio stations here in Cooterville were eat up with it. Then he won and he was great.

Dabo is going into his 6th season and has more wins overall in 5 years than SOS in his first 5 at USuC. Time will tell.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message was edited by: AThomas®

Re: Coaching--They were ready to run Spurrier out of town in

Dec 19, 2013, 4:11 PM

You're not comparing apples to apples. USUC had never been any good. Dabo may have hurt his cause when he said we didn't need an overhaul, only an oil change. And, we were dominating the head to head. They have improved more than we have, simply because it's easier to show improvement when you have a long way to go than it is to get that last piece of the puzzle. I love Dabo, but Spurrier has improved Usuc more than Dabo has improved CU.

20+ years tell me all I need to know about what Dabo did for

Dec 19, 2013, 4:29 PM

Clemson. We are riding high again. We have not arrived yet but we are getting close.

Re: 20+ years tell me all I need to know about what Dabo did for

Dec 19, 2013, 4:34 PM

Agree, and I wasn't arguing with you, I've always thought that you were one of the most positive posters on here. Sometimes I'm envious that you can ALWAYS find the bright side.

You are clueless

Dec 19, 2013, 3:28 PM [ in reply to Re: If true that SC gets outrecruited by CU, then why do TiGs... ]

Your comment about their backers being better than ours loses your credibility. Their backers were their weakest unit this season.

Don't you mean SC paid for their players?***

Dec 19, 2013, 4:33 PM

Steroids***

Dec 20, 2013, 2:29 PM

We lost the TO's 5 in a row. So there you go.***

Dec 20, 2013, 3:04 PM

Recruiting rankings aren't very reliable

Dec 20, 2013, 5:14 PM

These rankings don't take into account whether a team is addressing needs or just stocking up on players with 4 or 5 stars. Also skill position players are going to be more highly rated then players in the trenches. Another problem is that the more players you sign the more points you're going to get.

Coaching may have something to do with it but I think its more of an indication of how flawed the recruiting ranking system is

We lost the TO's 5 in a row. So there you go

Dec 20, 2013, 5:28 PM

CLEMSON FOOTBALL: Beating themselves five years in a row

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic