Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Received my first Pfizer COVID vaccination
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Received my first Pfizer COVID vaccination

Mar 10, 2021, 1:59 PM

about two hours ago. Everything went great--can't even see or feel the point of injection. In case you were thinking of getting one but not quite sure, it's easy and painless. Please be encouraged to make that decision. At The Ridge in Laurens, there were no lines. I was out in 20 minutes. They are taking walk-ins. (They are using the Pfizer vaccine.)

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

You will feel it later tonight. I even complimented my nurse

Mar 10, 2021, 2:06 PM

when I got the injection, absolutely didn't even feel it. But, that night, it got the hurt. That was the only side effect I had, though. Still not in the timeframe yet to get the second one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You will feel it later tonight. I even complimented my nurse

Mar 10, 2021, 3:58 PM

It's been four hours--still nothing. I'm being optimistic and holding out for zero side effects.

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

My arm didn't hurt until I laid on it that night. Hope

Mar 10, 2021, 6:32 PM

yours doesn't bother you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My arm didn't hurt until I laid on it that night. Hope

Mar 11, 2021, 12:33 PM

Appreciate it! Thankfully my arm never hurt.

--Henry David Thoreau

I'm getting my first one on Friday.***

Mar 10, 2021, 2:09 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I'm getting my first one on Friday.***

Mar 10, 2021, 2:15 PM

I agree. Soreness at sight of injection for 3 days but minimal discomfort. 2nd shot, one day of soreness. No serious side effects at all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm getting my first one on Friday.***

Mar 10, 2021, 4:00 PM [ in reply to I'm getting my first one on Friday.*** ]

That's great, 'Fan. Let's keep it going.

--Henry David Thoreau

Awesome Roar!

Mar 10, 2021, 2:16 PM

We can only hope there are more people like you out there!

DON'T BE THE REASON FOR NO FOOTBALL SEASON!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Re: Awesome Roar!

Mar 10, 2021, 4:02 PM

No way I'm going to be the reason for no season! Let's go Tigers and Tiger fans!

--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Received my first Pfizer COVID vaccination

Mar 10, 2021, 2:16 PM

I got the first dose of Moderma two weeks ago and had sore arm at
the injection point the next morning and was gone in 24 hrs. I was
told the arm gets sore because the shot has to be injected in the
muscle. Next one in two weeks may have more side effects.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 10, 2021, 2:23 PM

I received the J&J (Janssen) Vaccine on Monday of this week. One and done. Apparently, that is all that Walmart has at least in my area. The shot itself hurt, but no other side effect.

Mar 10, 2021, 4:06 PM

I don't mind the pain of the shot or soreness
(which I haven't had). Am just hoping for the best with a second one without any virus-like symptoms.

--Henry David Thoreau

Mar 10, 2021, 4:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Received my first Pfizer COVID vaccination ]

Glad to hear that J&J had no ill effects.

--Henry David Thoreau

I'm getting my 2nd/final Pfizer shot tomorrow.............

Mar 10, 2021, 3:01 PM

Was no big deal three weeks ago with the first shot - don't expect tomorrow to be any different.

Remember what the doctors say. If you feel sore/sick for a day or so it's a sign the vaccine's working. It does NOT mean you have the Covid virus! None of the vaccines approved will give you the virus from what I've heard all the medical people say.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm getting my 2nd/final Pfizer shot tomorrow.............

Mar 10, 2021, 4:09 PM

All true, Tiger77. There is no live virus in the vaccine, so you can't catch it from the vaccination.

--Henry David Thoreau

Thank you for this! I don’t understand why in some

Mar 10, 2021, 3:06 PM

areas you can’t even get appointments whereas at others you can just walk in and get a shot. The website DHEC has is full of misinformation in terms of where they’re accepting appointments

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thank you for this! I don’t understand why in some

Mar 10, 2021, 4:16 PM

I don't understand it myself. We had an appointment, walked in, received the shot, waited the mandatory 15 minutes, and left. The people there told us we didn't need an appointment. There were only 4-5 of us getting shots at that time. Oh, and there was plenty of room since it was in a gym. I wouldn't try it on March 15th--teachers will be getting vaccinated that day.

--Henry David Thoreau

Opposite end of the spectrum, I waited in line in my car for

Mar 10, 2021, 6:58 PM

3 and 1/2 hours to get my shot, and the line of cars was still out of sight when I left the site.

Mar 10, 2021, 6:56 PM

Getting mine at 7:10 am in the church parking lot thru Lexington Medical Center. I understand you don’t even get out the car.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I did a drive through last month! Only reason I had to get

Mar 11, 2021, 3:44 PM

out of car was to get my jacket off. In and out in 30 minutes, including the 15 minute waiting period.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good for you big man.

Mar 10, 2021, 6:59 PM

I’m ready to get the DV opened up this fall!!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I got moderna today. Soreness in my arm so far***

Mar 10, 2021, 7:02 PM

Got my first Pfizer shot yesterday at 1:00, felt almost nothing

Mar 10, 2021, 7:04 PM

at the time and my arm was not sore last night. But it was when I woke up this morning, and it's still a bit tender at the injection spot. Still, no big deal. Pretty much the same as any shot. I mean, unless someone is standing there poking your arm repeatedly in that one spot, and you have to kill em.

And it was a breeze... appt at 1:00, got there early and they took us at 12:45. A couple of questions, sign a paper, boom... jabbed with a needle. Done. Nobody even looked at the ID & insurance card we were told to bring. Very efficient. Total time maybe 30 minutes, and that includes the 15 mins they asked you to sit in a waiting room afterwards, to make sure no bad reaction. This was in Greenwood at a building near Self Memorial.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

When I received my first Pfizer COVID vaccination,

Mar 11, 2021, 1:11 PM

It was about 9:15 AM. Started feeling funny about 4:00 PM. Two beers took care of it, and I was fine. Received my second vaccination about the same time. Started feeling bad about 5:00 PM. Several glasses of wine were a very bad idea. Went to bad about 8:00 PM. Stayed in bed most of the next day sleeping with flu-like symptoms. Started feeling better about 5:00 PM that evening. Was fine the next day. Everyone, please get vaccinated!

Re: When I received my first Pfizer COVID vaccination,

Mar 11, 2021, 1:20 PM

Thanks for sharing--will prepare for the worst and hope for the best with the second shot.

--Henry David Thoreau

My wife had absolutely no symptoms from her second shot.

Mar 11, 2021, 1:24 PM

I hate her.

Mar 11, 2021, 2:50 PM

I live in Georgia and the governor just opened up the vax to 55-65 year olds. Like clockwork, I received an email from my Piedmont Hospital group inviting me to schedule my appointment. I'm scheduled to get my first jab next Friday.

This is moving quicker than I thought. We may have 100% capacity Braves baseball by June or July.

Second shot done, felt crappy the next day.

Mar 11, 2021, 3:02 PM

Basically felt hung over for about 12 hours or the day after the second shot. The first shot was as described above.

Re: Second shot done, felt crappy the next day.

Mar 11, 2021, 4:25 PM

A little sore and stiffness on the second shot and somewhat sluggish for a couple of days, but overall it was good. Got my last Pfizer shot almost 3 weeks ago.

It has been a month since my second Moderna.

Mar 11, 2021, 6:30 PM

Neither shot was a problem. A little soreness in the arm and a little fatigue after the second one. When you get the opportunity, take the vaccines. It is a no-brainer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, very happy- very, very proud.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic